D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

ToTBellHop

Teasers .... guys ... there will be teasers just like Malteasers but less edible :rolleyes:
Oh, you tease...

In all seriousness, Disney tried to temper our expectations so weep the let down and many here chose to ignore. Should be a weekend of whining on the forums. I knew I decided to go to Baltimore for a reason this weekend.

Livingwithstartours

Original Poster
Well the OP seems to be living in his own private idaho here, insisting that something will happen when its publicly been said that nothing is to be announced....
Why Would you even say that? Insiders, Disney press releases it does not matter nothing it a 100 definite with this Expo. Things change, and I do believe we will get something from this Expo Parks wise. If you believe there won't be that is fine. To each there own.

WDW95

I would not expect Disney to announce anything Star Wars related until summer 2015 at the earliest, after the new movie is released. If it flops (like a lot of Disney's major releases recently), I doubt that they would make a land around it.

WDW95

It can't flop, the fanbase is wayyyyy to dedicated.

Yeah but Disney can't be sure that would actually happen. They thought John Carter and Lone Ranger would succeed or else they wouldn't have gambled all that money. Nothing is 100% certain. At this rate their thinking is probably "better be safe than sorry".

dreamscometrue

For DisneyLAND. California is only referenced.The only thing they mention for WDW is the Oft-Rumored-since-2005 Soarin Over the World and the It's-bound-to-happen-eventually-but-not-greenlit-anytime-soon Star Wars makeover for DHS.

It states this in the article as well...

"Although a few carefully edited images will be placed around the pavilion for sharp eyed fans to find; like sketches of the Star Wars land project coming to both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland’s Tomorrowland"

It may not be greenlit, but it sounds like it's expected to be.

lebeau

Why Would you even say that? Insiders, Disney press releases it does not matter nothing it a 100 definite with this Expo. Things change, and I do believe we will get something from this Expo Parks wise. If you believe there won't be that is fine. To each there own.

If you receive an invitation to a party that indicates that appetizers will be served, do you show up starving in anticipation that the host will surprise you with a 9-course meal?

Disney says they will have "teases" not announcements. Most of us take that to mean Disney will have no park announcements. It's pretty obvious they are going to show some behind the scenes stuff for things they are working on that may or may not ever come to fruition.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect them to deliver more than they promised. Espeically given Disney's track record for under-delivering on promises.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah but Disney can't be sure that would actually happen. They thought John Carter and Lone Ranger would succeed or else they wouldn't have gambled all that money. Nothing is 100% certain. At this rate their thinking is probably "better be safe than sorry".

Episode 7 is as close to a guaranteed hit as you can get, they would have to screw it up in an unimaginable way for people not to go see it. Look at all the hate that get's heaped on Episode 1, yet it's still the highest grossing Star Wars film with over $1b worldwide revenue. Now if they do screw up ep 7, what will suffer is Ep 8 and 9. Disney is going to be real careful with this because after what the spent for Lucasfilm, they really need these to succeed to make back that investment.

WDWFREAK53

I would not expect Disney to announce anything Star Wars related until summer 2015 at the earliest, after the new movie is released. If it flops (like a lot of Disney's major releases recently), I doubt that they would make a land around it.

While I don't disagree with you about the announcement, I don't think Disney is basing it's construction of a Star Wars Land around whether or not Episode VII flops or is a hit.

tl77

The Avatar-land announcement came about a month after the 2011 D23, so I'm not getting my hopes up about any big news. D23 is the Disney Fan Club gathering and not necessarily a press event

rd805

Well the OP seems to be living in his own private idaho here, insisting that something will happen when its publicly been said that nothing is to be announced....

Ya'll are a mean. Let the public hope and wish while we are stuck at work...lol

rd805

It won't flop....that...like...no.

PhotoDave219

Ya'll are a mean. Let the public hope and wish while we are stuck at work...lol

Well. When a company comes out and says "we're not announcing anything" and people persist in thinking they're lying about it, I'm gonna be a tad insistant about it.

It's not like we're dealing with Ruben Amaro Jr's track record here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom