D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The Fantasyland Expansion was announced at D23 and since there have only been 2 expo so far, 50% of them have had major announcements.

The plans were leaked and spread like wildfire...I don't think they had much choice but to announce the plans then

rioriz

Speaking of Shanghai, I am excited to learn about the tron ride (it is rumored the new Star Wars ride in WDW will be a clone)

Travel Junkie

D23 is a joke. It's too focused around Disneyland as well

About the only too focused on Disneyland is the fact they are trying to get people to visit the park before or after the expo. Otherwise it is pretty broad across all aspects of the company.

There has even been more construction projects going on at DL compared to WDW since the expo began, but WDW has been well represented in the Parks pavilion.

A majority of the major announcements involve the films anyway and those are worldwide ventures.

Captain Neo

There is a ton of nonsense in this thread.

- the past 2 D23's had a park conference this one does not. It was also intentionally leaked/hinted at early that there would be big announcements in 2009. There were no leaks for 2011 and what e got was a conference where staggs just went over stuff we already knew but in more detail to everyone's disappointment.

-the new fantasyland plans were leaked intentionally and even if they weren't it would have no bearing on when disney announced it.

-it's already been said by Disney and insiders like Al lutz not to expect anything in the form of park announcements. At best you will see select pieces of concept art for "future projects" That will show glimpses of Star Wars and avatar lands but that's it.

ToTBellHop

There is a ton of nonsense in this thread.

- the past 2 D23's had a park conference this one does not. It was also intentionally leaked/hinted at early that there would be big announcements in 2009. There were no leaks for 2011 and what e got was a conference where staggs just went over stuff we already knew but in more detail to everyone's disappointment.

-the new fantasyland plans were leaked intentionally and even if they weren't it would have no bearing on when disney announced it.

-it's already been said by Disney and insiders like Al lutz not to expect anything in the form of park announcements. At best you will see select pieces of concept art for "future projects" That will show glimpses of Star Wars and avatar lands but that's it.
I expect a Fire Mountain and monorail expansion announcement. They'll finally take out the dark square at the Dolphin.

PeterAlt

My prediction, there won't be any major news (which is what Disney has said) and thus this thread will turn into series of endless debates about Uni-vs-Disney, the cultural relevance of Avatar, whether Marvel will ever come to WDW, when construction will start of a Fifth gate, and how soon we will see a Monorail expansion. ;)
I'm over this Fifth Gate idea. I've evolved past that. Now, I'm trying to figure out how exactly the Sixth Gate and how it fits in the master scheme of things...

NoChesterHester

I'm over this Fifth Gate idea. I've evolved past that. Now, I'm trying to figure out how exactly the Sixth Gate and how it fits in the master scheme of things...

It will be a small boutique park where an animatronic Jay Rasulo just robs every guest of their money. No attractions. No shops. Why waste the capital. Several will blog about how revolutionary it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom