D23 Anniversary Party at WDW

NewfieFan

I actually think people are over-thinking it and getting more excited about what could happen. After all, the Philharmagic theater fits 486 people, the Diamond Horseshoe even less. They will not announce such big news to such a small group.

It's the D23 anniversary party, not a press event.

Can we assume that there will be roughly 486 tickets going on sale?

SoccerMickey

Can we assume that there will be roughly 486 tickets going on sale?

With the other D23 events we were always able to give away the one day tickets to friends who did not have tickets. With all ticket media they are not able to be resold by an unauthorized vendor but theydo not have the D23 members names on them so anyone can use them.

EPCOT Explorer

With the other D23 events we were always able to give away the one day tickets to friends who did not have tickets. With all ticket media they are not able to be resold by an unauthorized vendor but theydo not have the D23 members names on them so anyone can use them.
Wouldn't you have to present your little ID Badge to use it, though? :shrug:

MKCP 1985

I'll be going!

$140 is an expensive Event... Dinner better be really good! :lol:

I'd go if I could get away. Why couldn't March 5 have fallen on a Saturday? :lol:

Yeah, it is expensive, but look at what you get. About $80 of that value goes to the 1 day park admission at Magic Kingdom, so that leaves $60 for the extras which include after hours admission to limited rides, plus a meal and the presentation and pin.

At Disney Marathon Weekend, they charged around $40 for an after hours party at the Disney Hollywood Studios where there were only 4 attractions open, and your food was your own expense.

This sounds right in line with Disney pricing. It should be a fun event for those who see value in it.

Like I said, if weren't 9 hours away and felt I could take the day off of work, I'd totally do it. I'll bet they can find the roughly 500 people who can swing it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'd go if I could get away. Why couldn't March 5 have fallen on a Saturday? :lol:

Yeah, it is expensive, but look at what you get. About $80 of that value goes to the 1 day park admission at Magic Kingdom, so that leaves $60 for the extras which include after hours admission to limited rides, plus a meal and the presentation and pin.

At Disney Marathon Weekend, they charged around $40 for an after hours party at the Disney Hollywood Studios where there were only 4 attractions open, and your food was your own expense.

This sounds right in line with Disney pricing. It should be a fun event for those who see value in it.

Like I said, if weren't 9 hours away and felt I could take the day off of work, I'd totally do it. I'll bet they can find the roughly 500 people who can swing it.
You forgot dessert! :slurp:

I'm hoping to book the early sitting for dinner so I can pig out there and digest enough to pig out again on dessert later. :D

drew81

Looks like Drew was right with his guess.

And yes, I agree, expensive.:lol::lookaroun

Wow! That was pretty close. Not worth it for me though. Now if they were going to have a bunch of rare characters out that you can never meet and Tony Baxter was attending I might go.

I think I'll pass ... unless someone wants to buy me a ticket.

Maybe Erin and Meg would give you a comp ticket?

EPCOT Explorer

Wow! That was pretty close. Not worth it for me though. Now if they were going to have a bunch of rare characters out that you can never meet and Tony Baxter was attending I might go.

Maybe Erin and Meg would give you a comp ticket?

Yes, that makes the worth shoot up exponentially.

Watch, he'll be there, yet they fail to market that. :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
And at our members' request, guests will mix and mingle with beloved, classic Disney characters, as well as a few friends you may not have seen strolling through the park in a while! :D

No mention of Tony Baxter though...

drew81

Yes, that makes the worth shoot up exponentially.

Watch, he'll be there, yet they fail to market that. :lol:

Maybe he'll show up at the DL D23 event.

And at our members' request, guests will mix and mingle with beloved, classic Disney characters, as well as a few friends you may not have seen strolling through the park in a while! :D

No mention of Tony Baxter though...

There are so many characters that Disney could have out but never do. They could have them out for these types of things but don't. I'm talking about characters like 3 Little Pigs, Miss Bianca & Bernard, Bongo, Lulu Belle and The Rocketeer lol.

MKCP 1985

There are so many characters that Disney could have out but never do. They could have them out for these types of things but don't. I'm talking about characters like 3 Little Pigs, Miss Bianca & Bernard, Bongo, Lulu Belle and The Rocketeer lol.

Since this event centers around the Magic Kingdom Fantasyland, some rare characters I'd like to see would include the 3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf, plus how about Dumbo? Since this is D23 we are talking about, black and white Mickey would really make it special. And for the new, if Louis the alligator isn't busy, maybe he could join Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

I agree Miss Bianca and Bernard would also fit right in. :king:

drew81

Since this event centers around the Magic Kingdom Fantasyland, some rare characters I'd like to see would include the 3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf, plus how about Dumbo? Since this is D23 we are talking about, black and white Mickey would really make it special. And for the new, if Louis the alligator isn't busy, maybe he could join Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

I agree Miss Bianca and Bernard would also fit right in. :king:

I would pay the money just to see those characters, and maybe they can throw in Gurgi from The Black Cauldron too.

MKCP 1985

I would pay the money just to see those characters, and maybe they can throw in Gurgi from The Black Cauldron too.

They should let a committee from these forums select the characters! :lol:

Here's a shot of the PatF characters, just to prove they COULD have them there:

R1-14A_0001.jpg

NewfieFan

I meant 486 tickets for the event not people selling their one day tickets unauthorized! But thanks for letting me know anyways. I plan to give mine to friends of ours who are only going to the MK for a day... so it works out!

You forgot dessert! :slurp:

I'm hoping to book the early sitting for dinner so I can pig out there and digest enough to pig out again on dessert later. :D

You read my mind! :slurp:

trentino

I'm not a D23 member yet! I've just spent an hour trying to purchase a silver membership from The Disney Store online but it won't let me no matter what payment type I try. I think there's something wrong with the site. They don't have phone support on the weekend.

My question... if I call them on Monday to order a membership, will I get my membership number right away? Or will it take a few days to arrive in the mail - by which time it will be too late to sign up for the event.

I'm really not sure what to do!! Any ideas?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm not a D23 member yet! I've just spent an hour trying to purchase a silver membership from The Disney Store online but it won't let me no matter what payment type I try. I think there's something wrong with the site. They don't have phone support on the weekend.

My question... if I call them on Monday to order a membership, will I get my membership number right away? Or will it take a few days to arrive in the mail - by which time it will be too late to sign up for the event.

I'm really not sure what to do!! Any ideas?
It's been almost a year, so I'm not positive, but I think I got a receipt right away with my membership number on it.

patrickwalsh92

The website talks about reserving tickets, yet it says tickets aren't available till sometime in February. Am I able to reserve them now? And if so, how? Thanks in advance...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom