D23 Anniversary Party at WDW

_Scar

I'll be there (I'm local), but I'm expecting to be underwhelmed. Dinner at the Horseshoe (goody?) and a showing of Philharmagic (I can't wait!)... the Imagineer is likely to let slip nothing new.

If they really wanted to wow us, they would shut down construction for an hour and bring the D23 crowd on a hard hat tour. Now *THAT* would be worth the inevitably high price of the ticket.

You never know. I bet this is where they'll confirm Barn Stormer's theme, Pixie Hollow rumors, and maybe give us more concept art.

EPCOT Explorer

You never know. I bet this is where they'll confirm Barn Stormer's theme, Pixie Hollow rumors, and maybe give us more concept art.

That's the sticking point, seeing that it's a point of contention. If they talk about it, it will really show the nature of D23, and it's purpose.

If not...:snore:

drew81

If you had to throw out a rough estimated guess... how much do you think this will cost???
And can children attend? And would it be appropriate for children?

AND when do tickets go on sale?

I've just been sucked into D23... *don't judge me*! :eek:

My guess-$125-$175

DisneyParksFan1

I just hope they do something special. I don't think it would be smart to simply have a dinner and a Philharmagic showing and some FYL details and that's it. They have to make the dinner magical in some way, same goes for the Philharmagic showing. They should also announce the FYL details in a magical way, and I think they should announce a surprise in the end, which I'm thinking could possibly be a 40th Anniversary announcement with a new parade and new fireworks. It's possible. Either that, or some other announcement.

ISTCrew20

I actually think people are over-thinking it and getting more excited about what could happen. After all, the Philharmagic theater fits 486 people, the Diamond Horseshoe even less. They will not announce such big news to such a small group.

It's the D23 anniversary party, not a press event.

DisneyParksFan1

I actually think people are over-thinking it and getting more excited about what could happen. After all, the Philharmagic theater fits 486 people, the Diamond Horseshoe even less. They will not announce such big news to such a small group.

You may be right. But they did mention surprises in the press release. That could mean anything from a huge 40th Anniversary announcement, to a D23 1st Anniversary Commemorative Pin. Anything is possible.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You may be right. But they did mention surprises in the press release. That could mean anything from a huge 40th Anniversary announcement, to a D23 1st Anniversary Commemorative Pin. Anything is possible.
They already announced that attendees will get a 1st anniversary pin.

SoccerMickey

I've been to several D23 events and when they say surprises it usually ends up meaning something like a parting gift or a surprise character meet and greet. I honestly doubt we are going to get any breaking news on fantasyland, star tours, or upcoming projects. One thing D23 has in it's corner is every event has been worth every penny, even the pricey ones and they will ensure we all have a good time.

EPCOT Explorer

I just hope they do something special. I don't think it would be smart to simply have a dinner and a Philharmagic showing and some FYL details and that's it. They have to make the dinner magical in some way, same goes for the Philharmagic showing. They should also announce the FYL details in a magical way, and I think they should announce a surprise in the end, which I'm thinking could possibly be a 40th Anniversary announcement with a new parade and new fireworks. It's possible. Either that, or some other announcement.
I don't know why they lumped that in there. :lol: Isn't that just a regular attraction EVERYONE can go on?

Very true. I think the Expo has us expecting a lot out of it.

I'm not. :D

They already announced that attendees will get a 1st anniversary pin.
That's why you are REALLY going, huh, Monty?:rolleyes: ;)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That's why you are REALLY going, huh, Monty?:rolleyes: ;)

There's no guarantee I'm really going.... Yet. :lookaroun

I still have to be able to get ticket for the event. :shrug:

Airfare, resort and Breakfast and late lunch ADRs for the Saturday are booked so if I can get tickets, I'm there. But all that can be cancelled with no impact if I don't succeed in acquiring tickets.

And yes Evan, I'm expending almost $1500US to get a pin... :rolleyes:

:lol:

WDW Vacationer

There's no guarantee I'm really going.... Yet. :lookaroun

I still have to be able to get ticket for the event. :shrug:

Airfare, resort and Breakfast and late lunch ADRs for the Saturday are booked so if I can get tickets, I'm there. But all that can be cancelled with no impact if I don't succeed in acquiring tickets.

And yes Evan, I'm expending almost $1500US to get a pin... :rolleyes:

:lol:

And I thought I was spending too much fir pins on eBay!:lookaroun

drew81

And seeing that it's drew, he's probably right. :lol:

Way too much.

Who knows?? It could be less and probably will be.
I've been to several D23 events and when they say surprises it usually ends up meaning something like a parting gift or a surprise character meet and greet. I honestly doubt we are going to get any breaking news on fantasyland, star tours, or upcoming projects. One thing D23 has in it's corner is every event has been worth every penny, even the pricey ones and they will ensure we all have a good time.

It sounds like the DL D23 party will be better than the WDW one.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It sounds like the DL D23 party will be better than the WDW one.
I'm not so sure, I think it depends on what interests you.

DL:

The magic begins in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle as D23 Members and their guests are led into the most magical realm of all, Fantasyland! You'll be able to ride the attractions, meet some familiar characters (and some you may not have seen for a while!), and have a chance to see some classic pieces of Disneyland up close and personal, including Walt's Car and Cinderella's Crystal Coach!

D23 Members and their guests will enjoy a wide array of tantalizing Disney-inspired desserts. And, naturally, there will be a few D23 surprises, including a special commemorative pin for everyone attending our party!
WDW:
The evening's festivities include a private dinner inside the Magic Kingdom's Diamond Horseshoe Saloon, followed by an exclusive viewing of Mickey's PhilharMagic. After the 3-D extravaganza, guests will hear insider details about the upcoming Fantasyland expansion from a Disney Imagineer. The celebration will also feature a sumptuous dessert party, a special commemorative pin for everyone attending, and a host of surprises.

I'd say DL would be more suited to families with kids [rides and characters in FL] and WDW to adults [private screening of PhilhaMagic and session with an Imagineer] WDW has dinner and dessert, DL has dessert.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom