D23 Anniversary Party at WDW

hrcollectibles

Yes, on Feb. 4 at 10am (I'm assuming EST)! I would also assume you will have to provide your membership number at the time of purchase!

*Edit*
Oh, Monty said Pacific time! Why is it Pacific time!?!

Probabaly so the west coast people that want to attend do not have to be online at 7AM

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Maybe I shouldn't have been so "helpful" clarifying the sale timing... :lookaroun

:lol:

There is still hope, an extra ticket purchased that may wend its way my way. :D

DisneyMusician2

I happen to think that its really cruddy to deny any member admission to the event....I can't imagine that even 5% would make the trip.

Should be guaranteed in your exorbitant member fee!

NewfieFan

Maybe I shouldn't have been so "helpful" clarifying the sale timing... :lookaroun

:lol:

There is still hope, an extra ticket purchased that may wend its way my way. :D

Yes, you should have kept that info to yourself! I guess it's kind of my fault... I did ask the question in the first place!

I still think it's funny, though... how this has played out! :lol:

aladdin2007

I happen to think that its really cruddy to deny any member admission to the event....I can't imagine that even 5% would make the trip.

Should be guaranteed in your exorbitant member fee!

I agree, Im starting to regret ever joining. Your basically just paying for the things they send you upon sign up. And nothing more unless willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for an event, if you can even get tickets.

hrcollectibles

I agree, Im starting to regret ever joining. Your basically just paying for the things they send you upon sign up. And nothing more unless willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for an event, if you can even get tickets.

This is the reason I did not join.. Why would I spend money to spend more money? I am a fan of Disney and do not need a membership to any cub to prove that...So people are spending 140 to go to an event for dinner, dessert and announcement oh yeah a pin... The announcement that within minutes will be online soon after

EPCOT Explorer

This is the reason I did not join.. Why would I spend money to spend more money? I am a fan of Disney and do not need a membership to any cub to prove that...So people are spending 140 to go to an event for dinner, dessert and announcement oh yeah a pin... The announcement that within minutes will be online soon after

Exactly. :)

It would be cool to be there and see it all go down live, but in the end, I'm going to know the same exact thing as someone there. :lol:

djkidkaz

I dont get all the complaints about the cost for D23? Your basically buying the 4 magazines right away and paying $11 more dollars to have them shipped to your house throughout the year. If you don't have any interest in the magazine then either don't sign up or get the new $35 silver subscription so you can attend the events. Everywhere you go nowadays has a frequent customers club that you have to pay an initial fee to be a part of. I can understand the complaint of buying the membership to get into the events and then not being able to get tickets to any of them, but that is something you should take up with Disney one on one. Let them know that you bought the silver membership because you wanted to attend the events and unless they can get you tickets to an event, that you want a refund.

djkidkaz

I dont think anyone really goes for the pin, or just for dinner. Disney is and always has been about the "experience". You go to an event like this because you are surrounded by like minded people who love what you do. Many of us spend our weeks with people who joke about our love for a theme park, so its nice to get away for awhile and be around people who understand. I think many people just like the idea of being catered to by Disney and Im sure the idea of eating in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon which is generally closed is also appealing. I think you've said it yourself, any announcements will be online immediately so I don't think any of the people that are actually paying for this are going with the idea that they are getting secret information that they wont get anywhere else. Again, its just about the experience.

Matpez

I dont think anyone really goes for the pin, or just for dinner. Disney is and always has been about the "experience". You go to an event like this because you are surrounded by like minded people who love what you do. Many of us spend our weeks with people who joke about our love for a theme park, so its nice to get away for awhile and be around people who understand. I think many people just like the idea of being catered to by Disney and Im sure the idea of eating in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon which is generally closed is also appealing. I think you've said it yourself, any announcements will be online immediately so I don't think any of the people that are actually paying for this are going with the idea that they are getting secret information that they wont get anywhere else. Again, its just about the experience.
But... here on WDWmagic we were some of those that began the trend of group fan meetups, long before D23 and without a ridiculous membership fee. You want to meet up with other like minded fans? Post it here, when & where... they will show up.

MKCP 1985

But... here on WDWmagic we were some of those that began the trend of group fan meetups, long before D23 and without a ridiculous membership fee. You want to meet up with other like minded fans? Post it here, when & where... they will show up.

unofficial fan meetups don't get access to meals served in semi-closed venues and don't get the park staying open after hours just for them.

Did you see the part of his post where he said that being catered to by Disney and having the opportunity to dine in the Golden Horseshoe Review, which is generally closed, is also appealing?

Do the wdwmagic free meets get that access? No, they don't.

Matpez

unofficial fan meetups don't get access to meals served in semi-closed venues and don't get the park staying open after hours just for them.

Did you see the part of his post where he said that being catered to by Disney and having the opportunity to dine in the Golden Horseshoe Review, which is generally closed, is also appealing?

Do the wdwmagic free meets get that access? No, they don't.

Really? My own experience (and that of quite a few others here) would disagree with that. Disney did cater to us quite nicely when they realized how awesome their hardcore fanbase was. I have had a desert party in the Odyssey, been given free access to the Norway VIP lounge, been part of a one night only fireworks display, seen presentations from Marty Sklar, Joe Rohde and more...

Then they created D23 to make people pay for that.

Just one bit of proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR65SxY6Lq8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom