Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

eddie104

I think it may unfortunately take door coasters place as the one that got away
I was thinking how they recently patented a ride system that could be used for that attraction.

That signals to me that the concept is still very much blue sky. Highly unlikely they canceled or axed it considering Moana’s popularity.

Just wasn’t ready to be showcased this time around.

That’s what I’m hoping at least.

Vegas Disney Fan

IMO, RoA needs to stay at Disneyland. I am not as miffed about it leaving at WDW as it's not the original, however I understand that ambiance is going to be permanently lost.
I think the loss of ambiance would forever change the feel of MK, it would take away much of the charm of that side of the park.

I’d be ok with losing the Tom Sawyer aspects, a smaller island, even losing the riverboat but can’t imagine that side of the park without the water. If they need a more direct access to the new areas just lose the boat and make a couple permanent bridges, you could even toss a couple rides on the island while you’re at it to better utilize the space.

doctornick

I was thinking how they recently patented a ride system that could be used for that attraction.

That signals to me that the concept is still very much blue sky. Highly unlikely they canceled or axed it considering Moana’s popularity.

Just wasn’t ready to be showcased this time around.

That’s what I’m hoping at least.

One of the posters here indicated that the costs for BBTM are larger than original expected, so to support that budget, they did not approve Moana at this time. But that suggests it will likely be deferred and expected at some later time when there is money to allocate for it.

Obviously things can change though especially if they company does poorly financially.

eddie104

One of the posters here indicated that the costs for BBTM are larger than original expected, so to support that budget, they did not approve Moana at this time. But that suggests it will likely be deferred and expected at some later time when there is money to allocate for it.

Obviously things can change though especially if the company does poorly financially.
That makes sense considering the amount of work they are putting into that expansion.

I’m not sure how budget cycles work but hopefully when the funds are available they approve it right away.

doctornick

I never really saw for sure but what was behind the two mystery doors that were opened today on the show floor? I know the Tropical America model and the Monsters display - were they in the same room?

UNCgolf

I never really saw for sure but what was behind the two mystery doors that were opened today on the show floor? I know the Tropical America model and the Monsters display - were they in the same room?

I was assuming it would be one room for the WDW stuff and one room for the DL stuff, but seems like the only thing new we've seen are those two models, so who knows.

MagicHappens1971

So has anyone got a guestimate on the $$$$ amount of the announcements if they get built? How does it stack up against the 60M?
Villains / Cars Land has got to be at least $1B for both.
Monsters (depending on scope) can vary from $300M - $600M
Tropical Americas $750M - $1B

These numbers may sound exaggerated but this is how Disney spends their money.

Soluna16

Do we have any information at all on Villains Land schedule? D'Amaro said "earth is already being moved" which is obviously not true, they don't even have the permits yet. I saw somewhere classed it as "Construction Beginning Soon". I can't imagine we get Villains before like 2028/2029 but maybe I'm wrong.

Advisable Joseph

I also heard Zootopia for MK, which would be interesting.
Have you heard where in MK?

I think I found people on Twitter who would be OK with it near Tomorrowland.

However, I have noticed that people here think the whole place looks like downtown, and don't realize that there is a rainforest district of folks in treehouses, and literally buildings that look like trees, a district of rivers and canals, a district in the desert, etc. That is, a Zootopia in the west of the park could work visually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom