Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Vegas Disney Fan

They absolutely nailed this presentation in a way they hadn’t even come remotely close to doing in decades. Did they put someone new in charge of it? Did they learn all of the right lessons from their 2022 disaster? Hard to believe this is even the same company.
My first thought was this is Igers last D23 so he wanted to go out with a bang, I was surprised he wasn’t onstage for it.

The move to the Honda center was brilliant though, more capacity for fans and more room to create a spectacular show.

MerlinTheGoat

I cannot make anything out about this except the distant drawing of Big Thunder mtn. way in the back. I also see what I think looks like water so I cannot see where we are losing RoA. That would also mean losing the Liberty Belle.

capture-png.808576

The entirety of the RoA along with the Liberty Belle are done for if this project gets built. They are filling the moat in and plopping this Cars miniland on its southern footprint. Presumably with Villains planned for the northern section at some point.

Bocabear

Filling in ROA would be the worst decision in the history of the parks.
I agree... It would forever change the feel of the park...Adding Cars would also forever muddle the idea of a Frontierland and all themes would start to feel extremely muddled...I hate the idea of losing the riverboat and the water... When you see it put together on the footprint of the river it just feels wrong in so many ways...

MerlinTheGoat

No, i'm afraid it's very much a hinged take. The problem is that there's an abundance of competition to the list of "worst decisions in parks history". This does however happen to be one of them. Absolutely a horrible decision by all accounts regardless of whether it ranks at the very top.

It's also now abundantly clear why they didn't announce that this would be replacing the RoA/TSI at the stage presentation and offset it to the concept art days later. People were already lukewarm on the announcement at the presentation (with a few groans heard apparently), imagine what sort of reaction there would have been had they announced this was not an expansion anymore but rather a replacement of two classic and beautiful opening day attractions on stage.

Even a lot of the people at Disney know this is a terrible idea. Sadly no one with any power apparently.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's starting to make sense why they didn't announce locations during the D23 announcements... however what doesn't make sense is

Star Tours to Monsters to Star Wars Land

Liberty Square to Cars to Country Bears to Pecos Bills to Tiana’s Bayou to Big Thunder

DarkMetroid567

That’s a great example of one of the biggest changes in how P&R now works. They used to build things we didn’t know we wanted and we fell in love with them. Now they only build things they think we want.
Society changed. If the film studios post-pandemic tried to dedicate their efforts to building things we didn’t know we wanted, they’d all be bankrupt by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom