Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

I was thinking how they recently patented a ride system that could be used for that attraction.

That signals to me that the concept is still very much blue sky. Highly unlikely they canceled or axed it considering Moana’s popularity.

Just wasn’t ready to be showcased this time around.

That’s what I’m hoping at least.
I'm thinking that Moana is still the plan BUT they need stuff to announce for next D23 too and this year is very much about things that they have to get started with right now. They knew this year was important but saying they were adding 5 rides to Magic Kingdom over the next few years in 1 go would have definitely been too much and guaranteed that MK would barely be mentioned for the next 2 D23's. Possibly most of WDW with that level of investment.

I'm not talking about a new country but adding major attractions to the countries that are already there. Like the Mt Fuji coaster and the Rhine River cruise
That doesn't sell. Sorry to say, it's not the general public who wants that stuff. Is a family going to choose Disney over Universal for "Rhine River Cruise". No. Even if its one of the most elaborate rides. Is Little Suzie going to ask her parents for $100 of Rhine River Merch? No. Put Tangled there and... well now you have a possible yes for both of those.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That doesn't sell. Sorry to say, it's not the general public who wants that stuff. Is a family going to choose Disney over Universal for "Rhine River Cruise". No. Even if it’s one of the most elaborate rides. Is Little Suzie going to ask her parents for $100 of Rhine River Merch? No. Put Tangled there and... well now you have a possible yes for both of those.
That’s a great example of one of the biggest changes in how P&R now works. They used to build things we didn’t know we wanted and we fell in love with them. Now they only build things they think we want.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Lets see if the stock market sees the announcements as a "hail mary" or react positive with increased stock prices.
Wall Street hated the announcement of $60B in the parks despite Iger pointing out that the parks are, right now, the biggest ROI on investment.

Wall Street would rather that $60B be spent on buy-backs and dividends, you know, on themselves.

Wall Street day-traders have no concern for the long term health of any business.

andysol

Have you heard where in MK?

I think I found people on Twitter who would be OK with it near Tomorrowland.

However, I have noticed that people here think the whole place looks like downtown, and don't realize that there is a rainforest district of folks in treehouses, and literally buildings that look like trees, a district of rivers and canals, a district in the desert, etc. That is, a Zootopia in the west of the park could work visually.
I know Zootopia gets mentioned a lot for WDW, but having been to the land, it really doesn’t translate well for our parks.
It’s built, specifically, for the picture taking culture of China.

It was a cool land but would not have nearly the positive reaction here.

Lilofan

Wall Street hated the announcement of $60B in the parks despite Iger pointing out that the parks are, right now, the biggest ROI on investment.

Wall Street would rather that $60B be spent on buy-backs and dividends, you know, on themselves.

Wall Street day-traders have no concern for the long term health of any business.
Buybacks do help execs ( not just Disney ) earn more in that stock options ( an huge part of the exec annual compensation ) are more and when they cash in it is substantial.

Dunston

When the 2026 recession cancels all these plans
Happy College Basketball GIF by UNC Tar Heels

Last edited:

Parker41056

After considering what didn't get announced that was rumored, my thoughts have shifted somewhat about where some things should go.

For AK, nix the clone of Paris' Lion King and instead revive the left half of the original blue sky art as an Oceania miniland. Do the Moana flume and move TriceraTop Spin over, converting it to the proposed kakamora spinner.

For MK, subsequently ignore Moana in favor of setting sights on Tomorrowland next. It needs a massive amount of help since many things within (Monsters, Buzz, Speedway) will be redundant in short order.

For EPCOT, find a way to make something for Coco work with Mexico. Yes, I know there are challenges, but with it now not showing at either MK or AK, it feels appropriate to put it on the table once more. This can be way down the road, though. There are obviously far more pressing issues at EPCOT.
Love the Oceania land revival at DAK. While I firmly believe that DAK needs a Lion King attraction, Moana would work great in DAK. Don't get me wrong, Moana would work great in Adventure Land as well but they already have a flume and focus needs to be on the expansions there.

As for Tomorrowland, agree. reimagine that space and add another unique and original attraction. Convert Speedway to either a kid Tron attraction with electric cars or even better, candy racers from Wreck it Ralph.

Not sure the Mexico Pavilion has the scope to bring Coco to life as it should be. I'm all for a Coco attraction though just think it needs to be bigger and Mexico really doesn't have the space. Maybe build a new Mexico Pavilion with Coco attraction and convert the existing one to another country. What they should consider is Tangled addition to the Germany Pavilion. World Showcase sure needs the people eaters.

Parker41056

Wow, new artwork for Cars attraction at WDW. Rivers of America will be going away. Silver lining is this will allow a more direct path to Villains are and allow much more expansion area for the build out.
1723470488579.jpeg

Attachments

• WDW Expansion.jpg
    WDW Expansion.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 8

Goofyernmost

It had a very large hourly capacity which kept the lines down. There was the rumored sinkhole thing, but I think that's been disproven.
Yes, I know it was a large capacity ride, but there was a time when the line, snaking through the queue was out the door. At the end it was one car full, three cars empty. It could have been the slowest load in the world and it still wouldn't have had much of a line. The problem was that even though there were some diehard fans, like myself, there were not enough of us to pay for the existence of the park much less Horizons.
The "notable exception" that was hinted at was Splash Mountain.
Sorry, but I thought we were discussing Epcot. My bad, but what I said about it is still true.

Splash Mtn. was a completely different story. Pressure bought on by people that knew that originally Disney used the From "Song of the South" causing them to unknowingly set it up for doom. The story line for Splash was from the Uncle Remus stories which was a depiction of the culture of freed Slaves written about 100 years before Slash Mtn. was even thought of.

"Uncle Remus is the fictional title character and narrator of a collection of African American folktales compiled and adapted by Joel Chandler Harris and published in book form in 1881".

The movie did that same thing pointing out the bigotry of the Plantation owners after the slaves were freed and strongly pointed out how much more caring and wise the freed men and women were than the white folks that once owned them.

If it did anything it erased the story of the slaves brought over here forcibly to work the fields owned by the rich southerners. It doesn't take much imagination to figure out, being in Florida, what group it was that probably applied pressure on Disney to remove it.

Goofyernmost

Wow, new artwork for Cars attraction at WDW. Rivers of America will be going away. Silver lining is this will allow a more direct path to Villains are and allow much more expansion area for the build out. View attachment 808598
I cannot make anything out about this except the distant drawing of Big Thunder mtn. way in the back. I also see what I think looks like water so I cannot see where we are losing RoA. That would also mean losing the Liberty Belle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom