D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Nland316

I think this sums up things pretty nicely after last night -

I think the last time I was sincerely / overtly excited for what was coming to the parks was the lead up to Galaxy’s Edge — which feels lifetimes ago!

Glad to have exciting projects to look forward to again. Especially after the mixed bag of these last few years. Things are looking up for the parks!

Parteecia

I'm so glad you asked! There was that one photo of Bob Iger riding the mock up of the new C Ticket for DCA. And he looked like he was wearing Nike basketball shoes that a 14 year old would have worn in 1992. Give me a moment to find a photo from a YouTube feed. I am a contemporary of Mr. Iger. I played bad doubles tennis with fellow old people just this afternoon, so I know how to dress age appropriately in casual sports attire.

Bob Iger is 73 years old. Seventy Three. And this isn't the way...

View attachment 808123
Hey! I gave myself a pair of Nikes for my 70th.
NIKEDUNKHIGHELECTROPURPLEMIDNGHTNAVYGSbDH9751-100_300x.jpg

AJFireman

Is this the band that used to play in Tomorrowland? Are they coming back?
Hiatus was the Original Band for Mad T Party. They also still play DCA Food and Wine. From their website.

"Hiatus is a band made up of professional studio musicians. We were originally brought together to perform at a theme park, and quickly became a family. When the show was put on hiatus, and ultimately closed, we didn't want to stop performing together. Hiatus was born from our joy in music, and super close friendships."

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Are people actually excited about a second forthcoming Avengers Campus attraction when they haven’t even broken ground on the first? Genuinely confused by some fans’ lack of cynicism at this point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Are people actually excited about a second forthcoming Avengers Campus attraction when they haven’t even broken ground on the first? Genuinely confused by some fans’ lack of cynicism at this point.
One assumes since they appear to be going in the same area that both will break ground at the same time. So why not get excited about both at the same time also.

PiratesMansion

I'd rather they fix what they have before adding more.
I would love that, but I doubt that will happen because in the case of DCA or Tomorrowland, there don't appear to be enough people in positions of power that genuinely believe the problematic areas are broken.

IF that's correct, and Disney thinks that DCA is better than it was in 2015, I'd rather them at least try to add new attractions rather than continue to mess with older ones.

And if they're busy messing with DCA, that's time that they aren't messing with Disneyland.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Now that all the excitement of last night is over I’m reminded of how they recently massacred my favorite ride of all time :(

Hoping these new rides are better than TBA, MMRR, Webslingers and Smugglers Run. I’m pretty sure at least Avatar and Coco will be.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Ugh... I'm so cynical. I'd really like to get excited about some of these additions, but with timelines like "construction starts in 2026", I just can't. We saw what happened to the EPCOT overhaul that was announced: half of it was cut by the time construction started. This was after they built a fancy preview center with videos and a construction model!
This made me just realize that in 4 days it will be 9 years since Galaxy's Edge was first announced. Then a year later they broke ground and we all watched construction videos for the next 3 years. Now GE has been open for 5 years. Time flies by, so hopefully it will again for these upcoming projects.

Shall I remind you all of what was promised for Star Wars? Go back and look at all that concept art. Then go look at the land. I'd love to be excited for Avatar, but the concept art they showed is awfully vague. We'll see what they actually build. I really want to be wrong. I really do, but they've lost all credibility with me.
Sometimes I think it's a disservice to the fans to show the concept art since the final product never seems to be as good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom