D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TP2000

Why do I get the feeling that all of these rides are about as likely as a new Tomorrowland?

Because that's exactly the way they were presented, with vague timelines and just one or two concept photos. For Avatar and Coco, they wouldn't even admit where inside DCA these things might be built. That doesn't instill confidence.

I'd rank the likelihood of this stuff actually happening in the following order, from most likely to least likely;
  1. Walt Disney animatronic show. This was the only thing that had real details and info, and a real opening date of "next year".
  2. Avengers E Ticket and C Ticket. I'd give this about an 80% chance of actually starting construction in 2025.
  3. Avatar Land with E Ticket boat ride. Seems likely, but also has a very unknown timeline for it. Could be cancelled.
  4. Coco D Ticket. The most vague information of the bunch. Could go the way of all the other D23 Expo announcements cancelled and forgotten; Play Pavilion, Mary Poppins ride, Main Street Theater, etc., etc.

Phroobar

Because that's exactly the way they were presented, with vague timelines and just one or two concept photos. For Avatar and Coco, they wouldn't even admit where inside DCA these things might be built. That doesn't instill confidence.

I'd rank the likelihood of this stuff actually happening in the following order, from most likely to least likely;
  1. Walt Disney animatronic show. This was the only thing that had real details and info, and a real opening date of "next year".
  2. Avengers E Ticket and C Ticket. I'd give this about an 80% chance of actually starting construction in 2025.
  3. Avatar Land with E Ticket boat ride. Seems likely, but also has a very unknown timeline for it. Could be cancelled.
  4. Coco D Ticket. The most vague information of the bunch. Could go the way of all the other D23 Expo announcements cancelled and forgotten; Play Pavilion, Mary Poppins ride, Main Street Theater, etc., etc.
We kind of know where the Coco ride would go because of the Pixar Promenade building opening and a ride fits perfectly back there. I still think Avatar land would be stupid in the Hollywood back lot. What exactly do blue people have to do with California? The Avengers stuff I really think depends on box office results for the new set of movies. Outside of Deadpool, the tv shows and movies haven't delivered.

JSouth25

We kind of know where the Coco ride would go because of the Pixar Promenade building opening and a ride fits perfectly back there. I still think Avatar land would be stupid in the Hollywood back lot. What exactly do blue people have to do with California? The Avengers stuff I really think depends on box office results for the new set of movies. Outside of Deadpool, the tv shows and movies haven't delivered.
Yeah, I’m still not sold on Avatar even if it turns out to be a good land, it just doesn’t fit and I’m not invested in the franchise. The Coco ride, however, I’m definitely excited for.

Professortango1

We kind of assume where Coco would go, but we don't know. Its pure speculation since there are so many areas of DCA that need complete reworkings and now the expansion has opened more doors. All we "know" is it is breaking ground in 17-28 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom