D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

DrAlice

I went to ITTBAB in June for the first time in years and it was very satisfying. It was a packed house and kids were crying, they were screaming, people were walking out. I love the fact that they made a terrifying kids' show.
That was us when my daughter was little. For years she didn't even want to walk near the building. 🤣 🤣

DrAlice

One other thought hit me.... The smarmy and disingenuous way that Josh D'Amaro and the WDI executives onstage announced many of these changes.

They refused to admit in front of 12,000 people at the Honda Center that a downsized Cars Land would be replacing the Rivers of America. You had to wait for the artwork to be released the next day before the fans said.... wait a minute, if that's Tiana and that's Big Thunder and that's the Cars ride... where's the Rivers of America??? 🤔

As the kids say... that was shady. :mad:

Josh may have the charm and the winning smile and the runner's physique, but he's kind of proving himself to be a snake in the grass. At least with charmless Chapek we knew what we were dealing with.
AND... according to the internet sleuths on the website-formerly-known-as-twitter, that concept art isn't even from WDW's Frontierland. It's from Paris!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tyler can’t sing anymore; Aerosmith is over.
Doesn't appear they are over.

"People forget that this is a goodbye from the grueling road tours that take their toll. The band never said in the press release that they were breaking up the band.

The band stated, “Unfortunately, Steven’s vocal injury is more serious than initially thought. His doctor has confirmed that in addition to the damage to his vocal cords, he fractured his larynx which requires ongoing care.”

The band noted, “He is receiving the best medical treatment available to ensure his recovery is swift, but given the nature of a fracture, he is being told patience is essential.”

Tyler added in his own personal statement, “I am heartbroken to not be out there with Aerosmith, my brothers, and the incredible Black Crowes, rocking with the best fans in the world. I promise we will be back as soon as we can!”"

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Do we have any reliable idea where avatar and coco will be going? What might be lost in the process?
Current rumors, from their respective threads -

Avatar to take over Hollywood backlot and expand into the transportation hub.
Coco to go in expansion area behind Incredicoaster/TSMM.

More information in their respective threads.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Doesn't appear they are over.

"People forget that this is a goodbye from the grueling road tours that take their toll. The band never said in the press release that they were breaking up the band.

The band stated, “Unfortunately, Steven’s vocal injury is more serious than initially thought. His doctor has confirmed that in addition to the damage to his vocal cords, he fractured his larynx which requires ongoing care.”

The band noted, “He is receiving the best medical treatment available to ensure his recovery is swift, but given the nature of a fracture, he is being told patience is essential.”

Tyler added in his own personal statement, “I am heartbroken to not be out there with Aerosmith, my brothers, and the incredible Black Crowes, rocking with the best fans in the world. I promise we will be back as soon as we can!”"

I stand corrected. I’d read that they “retired” and assumed that meant they were done.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I stand corrected. I’d read that they “retired” and assumed that meant they were done.
Yeah just means they retired from touring, not breaking up the band. This was their farewell tour anyways, so even if Tyler's voice hadn't been affected they would have been done with touring anyways once it completed. As I understand it they wanted to get back into the studio and do another album. So we'll see if that happens when Tyler's voice fully recovers.

Figments Friend

One other thought hit me.... The smarmy and disingenuous way that Josh D'Amaro and the WDI executives onstage announced many of these changes.

They refused to admit in front of 12,000 people at the Honda Center that a downsized Cars Land would be replacing the Rivers of America. You had to wait for the artwork to be released the next day before the fans said.... wait a minute, if that's Tiana and that's Big Thunder and that's the Cars ride... where's the Rivers of America??? 🤔

As the kids say... that was shady. :mad:

Josh may have the charm and the winning smile and the runner's physique, but he's kind of proving himself to be a snake in the grass. At least with charmless Chapek we knew what we were dealing with.

Agree 100%.
I find it incredibly shifty the way that was handled.
They didn’t dare state the words typed in the press statement that followed for fear of what the large audience of die hard fans would do.
With all those press reporters and cameras rolling…it had to look and sound as promising and positive as possible.

Told you those barriers they put up outside the Anaheim Convention Center were in case the fans rioted!
They KNEW IN ADVANCE if word got out about the truth there could be trouble!
🤣

Major foreshadowing…

So this makes you wonder what other projects announced were ‘purposely twisting the truth’.

There is already some solid intel from some sources on this very Forum stating that the proposed ‘Monsters Inc’ area is overtaking the Muppets area at DHS.
Fans are NOT happy about the prospect of ‘MuppetVision 3D’ being gutted and repurposed, especially considering its history.

Another little nugget Josh forgot to mention….
😡

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom