D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And THIS is better than construction walls. The walls are still there on the left side, correct?
The "walls" on the left are just covering the entrance to the Orbitor ride mechanics which were previous hidden by the french fry rocks. So if you don't mind a huge box looking thing in plain view they can remove the walls. Me personally I don't mind the walls, they are small enough and don't really mess with the views that they can be ignored.

Misted Compass

The "walls" on the left are just covering the entrance to the Orbitor ride mechanics which were previous hidden by the french fry rocks. So if you don't mind a huge box looking thing in plain view they can remove the walls. Me personally I don't mind the walls, they are small enough and don't really mess with the views that they can be ignored.
They already have a huge box looking thing in plain view, its walls are just slightly dressed up.

waltography

Hiatus was the Original Band for Mad T Party. They also still play DCA Food and Wine. From their website.

"Hiatus is a band made up of professional studio musicians. We were originally brought together to perform at a theme park, and quickly became a family. When the show was put on hiatus, and ultimately closed, we didn't want to stop performing together. Hiatus was born from our joy in music, and super close friendships."
They were fantastic! I was losing my mind in the stadium that they brought back Mad T Party for one night only; our east coast friends were definitely confused. 😂

Happy for you guys except for those potential scary ROA implications. I’m pretty happy with that what we heard. Only thing I’m jealous of is that Monsters Inc coaster as that makes too much sense at DCA.
I see why they didn't drop this concept art at the showcase; the fan reaction to ROA being filled in would have been something else. People were excited but confused at Cars coming to Frontierland.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They were fantastic! I was losing my mind in the stadium that they brought back Mad T Party for one night only; our east coast friends were definitely confused. 😂

I see why they didn't drop this concept art at the showcase; the fan reaction to ROA being filled in would have been something else. People were excited but confused at Cars coming to Frontierland.

The audience didn’t sound excited they. They sounded confused or worried.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It was a mix; like I said, people were liking what they saw on screen but couldn't figure out how it fit in Frontierland so it was a lot of "oh!"s. The bird's-eye concept art would've made the reaction much worse.

Yeah makes sense. Whether or not they thought Cars fit at MK is one thing though. I doubt people were processing that the ROA might be gone in real time.

Phroobar

Hiatus has a large number of musicians. There are at least three female lead singers. Every time I see them at Knotts some of the band is different. They seem to perform the theme park circuit. The Suffragettes are just the female version of the band. Same girls. They used to be Disneyland cast members. Anyone can hire them for a wedding or event.

TP2000

Funny how they announce all these new things for WDW but they never built all the things they announced before. Where is the Mary Poppins ride? Communicor ended up being extremely different and cheap. Where is GE for Paris?

Also... At D23 Expo 2017, they also announced a Hyperion Theater complex for WDW's Magic Kingdom Main Street USA to be used to stage large-scale Broadway caliber shows. It was quietly forgotten within a year and never spoken of again.

Main-Street-USA_Full_30594.jpg

For my own sanity, I can't be excited for any of it until they start building. "Construction starts in 2026" just means they have 2 years to change their minds and cancel it.

The current senior executive leadership has proven time and time again over the past 8 years that they can not be trusted to go through with the stuff they announce at D23 Expo. It's all just vague Blue Sky artwork from about 1,000 feet overhead and shown through wispy, hazy clouds to obscure the already vague and fuzzy artwork.

The one sliver hope we have left is that some of the bonehead decisions Josh D'Amaro announced this past weekend will meet the same fate as the Main Street Theater, the Mary Poppins spinner, the new China CircleVision movie, the Epcot Play Pavilion, etc., etc.

TP2000

One other thought hit me.... The smarmy and disingenuous way that Josh D'Amaro and the WDI executives onstage announced many of these changes.

They refused to admit in front of 12,000 people at the Honda Center that a downsized Cars Land would be replacing the Rivers of America. You had to wait for the artwork to be released the next day before the fans said.... wait a minute, if that's Tiana and that's Big Thunder and that's the Cars ride... where's the Rivers of America??? 🤔

As the kids say... that was shady. :mad:

Josh may have the charm and the winning smile and the runner's physique, but he's kind of proving himself to be a snake in the grass. At least with charmless Chapek we knew what we were dealing with.

It's interesting that there were no "we're building two" announcements. There were rumors about the Lion King ride going into both Paris's Adventure World and WDW's Animal Kingdom, but that wasn't announced. We know Disney isn't opposed to cloned attractions, Tiana's is opening this year. When they started talking about Monstropolis I thought maybe they will announce that land for DCA as well. I could see Monstropolis coming eventually to the Hollywoodland Backlot with Coco and Avatar being built out in the Simba lot.

Phroobar

It's interesting that there were no "we're building two" announcements. There were rumors about the Lion King ride going into both Paris's Adventure World and WDW's Animal Kingdom, but that wasn't announced. We know Disney isn't opposed to cloned attractions, Tiana's is opening this year. When they started talking about Monstropolis I thought maybe they will announce that land for DCA as well. I could see Monstropolis coming eventually to the Hollywoodland Backlot with Coco and Avatar being built out in the Simba lot.
They were always suppose to build a RnRC ride in DCA. It was suppose to go over Super Star Limo. That Monstropolis coaster would be a great alternative. They could give Monsters Inc a new facade and have a great little land.

Speaking of RnRC, when are they getting rid of Aerosmith? They are no longer a band. Isn't Disney tired of sending royalties to Steven Tyler?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom