D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TP2000

I get the feeling that part of DF will be developed further down the road than the parking lots near DL/DCA/DL Hotel. So I'm frankly not expecting news for that footprint for a decade or so.

For news and updates on the DisneylandForward land, check back during D23 Expo 2032 or 2038. Until then, at least we've got reruns on YouTube of The Hollywood Palace to entertain us like Josh tried to tonight.

captveg

To be fair, DCA, and all of the Disneyland Resort, has plenty of B and C Ticket spinner rides like this already. It's the Florida parks that have a dearth of these types of filler rides, and all four WDW parks need them. They should have announced a dozen new C Tickets for WDW, three in each park, to simply begin to catch up with Anaheim.

That said, I'm not opposed to more B and C Tickets in the Anaheim parks. The more the merrier. I'd certainly rather have this little C Ticket thrill ride thing than have that land allocated to a store or a snack bar or just a landscaped mound.

At WDW they've got lots of landscaped mounds and shops, but hardly any C Tickets. Anaheim wins this one.
True. None of the current C-tickets are "thrill" rides at the current DCA, though.

I find it interesting that of the four rides announced/re-announced for DCA two are D/E-tickets with no height restriction and one is a C-ticket with a height restriction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
True. None of the current C-tickets are "thrill" rides at the current DCA, though.

I find it interesting that of the four rides announced/re-announced for DCA two are D/E-tickets with no height restriction and one is a C-ticket with a height restriction.
There wasn't enough "family" rides in DCA. So they needed to add more for the family. Which is why I'm not opposed to the C tickets, even with the one having a medium height restriction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
lol I’d like to experience these new attractions before I get too old and have to settle for multiple trips on Its A Small World. As someone in their early 40s, I had to skip out on Mission Space at Epcot back in May. 🤮
As someone not too much older than you I can say it doesn't get any easier, so I hope for both our sake's that they build them in our life times.

TP2000

@TP2000 you should be happy to hear and rest your weary head; Disney has announced the Great Moments with Mr Lincoln is staying and will be in rotation with the new Walt AA show.

YES! I did catch that part. The sparkly spangly singers finally went away and they stayed on that artwork of Walt leaning on his Burbank desk long enough for me to pause and play the whole thing. They were clearly making a statement that Lincoln would not be erased by the wokesters, and the show will be enhanced. That seems appropriate and smart.

To be honest, of all the things announced for Anaheim tonight, that Walt show is my favorite.

TP2000

My friend knows Josh D’Amaro so I may have to complain to her to get him to speed this project up.

Can you please tell her to tell Josh that he looked silly in his very casual jeans-n-zipup number tonight?

If you are standing in front of a 40 piece orchestra wearing tuxedos while you are announcing tens of Billions of dollars in new investment in your product, you probably shouldn't look like you are running to Costco for a 30 pack of paper towels and a rotisserie chicken.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Can you please tell her to tell Josh that he looked silly in his jeans-n-zipup number tonight?

If you are standing in front of a 40 piece orchestra announcing tens of Billions of dollars in new investment in your product, you probably shouldn't look like you are running to Costco for a 30 pack of paper towels and fresh rotisserie chicken.
lol she doesn’t handle wardrobe but I’ll be sure to let her know he needs a makeover. She occasionally works with Iger too so if you have any other fashion tips, I’ll be sure to pass it along.

TP2000

lol she doesn’t handle wardrobe but I’ll be sure to let her know he needs a makeover. She occasionally works with Iger too so if you have any other fashion tips, I’ll be sure to pass it along.

I'm so glad you asked! There was that one photo of Bob Iger riding the mock up of the new C Ticket for DCA. And he looked like he was wearing Nike basketball shoes that a 14 year old would have worn in 1992. Give me a moment to find a photo from a YouTube feed. I am a contemporary of Mr. Iger. I played bad doubles tennis with fellow old people just this afternoon, so I know how to dress age appropriately in casual sports attire.

Bob Iger is 73 years old. Seventy Three. And this isn't the way...

14 Is A Magic Age.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm so glad you asked! There was that one photo of Bob Iger riding the mock up of the new C Ticket for DCA. And he looked like he was wearing Nike basketball shoes that a 14 year old would have worn in 1992. Give me a moment to find a photo from a YouTube feed. I am a contemporary of Mr. Iger. I played bad doubles tennis with fellow old people just this afternoon, so I know how to dress age appropriately in casual sports attire.

View attachment 808123
Hey, he is trying to be hip with his Nike's, leave the man be. ;)

Jiggsawpuzzle35

View attachment 808123
I mean he loves the NBA and did buy ownership into a women’s soccer team. He seems kind of athletic lol. I’ll make sure she tells him to wear dress shoes next time 😀.

MoonRakerSCM

The 4th Avengers Campus ride is the same ride that opened up 20 years ago at Legoland (it was the first Kuka Arm attraction anywhere I believe). This one potentially sounds to be an updated version where the arms are able to garb onto the seat component and move about vs being a single stationary unit.

I rode it when it opened in 2005.... it was a fun little thing that just mixed you around for a minute and that's it. I would consider it to be like maters or luigi's dancing cars but with inversions (possibly optional?). KNIGHT'S TOURNAMENT allowed you to select what level you wanted of 3 intensities. 1st was for kids that just rotated around and tilted a bit, 2nd was some full rotations upside down and a bit faster, the 3rd basically just whipped you about in all sorts of directions and was disorienting as heck but got a chuckle out of me.

Odd that 2 attractions at Avengers Campus (the other being Web Slingers) are something that Legoland had ~20 years beforehand.

CaptinEO

One nice thing that everyone is overlooking…

NO CLONES!!!
Depends how you look at it. The Avengers ride systems are clones of Transformers and Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey, both just an hour away from Disneyland.

The Dinosaur ride that is a track and ride system clone of Indy is now also going to be indy. Magic Kingdom gets its own Cars Land.

Misted Compass

This art is for HKDL but I really feel like this should have been the replacement for our ToT instead of what we got. At the very least it wouldn't have made one of the tallest structures in the resort look like such an eyesore.
20240811_061924.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom