Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

ToTBellHop

I emailed WDW yesterday concerning these cuts and got this reply today:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

While we sincerely appreciate your concern, please know that The Walt Disney World Co. is not responsible for information published on unauthorized websites. For the most accurate information, please refer to our official websites at disney.go.com and disneyworld.com.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Posy Davis
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.
Classy. So much for premium guest experience (not that people like Posy have provided that in years).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Classy. So much for premium guest experience (not that people like Posy have provided that in years).

It's been the GREETERS who have been the source of many magical moments for me at Disney, Especially since I'm usually joining my family directly from a business trip so frequently I'm not in a vacation mood when I arrive.

Now we get this kind of 'Magical' message - Joy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would have to agree that if mymagic+ was supposed to help crowds

Of course it wasn't.

It was to build upon Fastpasses primary aim of less time in attractions more time in stores.

And secondarily aim to a) keep guests from leaving property and b) consider staying on property.

Semantics and analytics were an added bonus. As was trying to manage more park capacity without actually adding capacity.

And this is where it's partly got us.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would have to agree that if mymagic+ was supposed to help crowds, well, could've fooled me. That's not to say I dislike it, but it doesn't seem to have made a dent in that issue.

MM+ was an industrial engineering exercise it's key assumption was all attractions are equal value and it would FORCE guests to be evenly distributed across all attractions thereby leveling loads, It's problem was and IS it's basic assumption which was created by a bunch of suits who never set foot in a theme park unless it was for a photo op.

That's why the parks RAN better under Eisner because he regularly did the 'Undercover Boss' thing and wore fur and dished up QS meals and operated rides so he had first hand knowledge of 'What Works' in a park.

wannabeBelle

I don't need some random poster on a discussion forum to tell me I'm being unreasonable. I work on the front line and see the impacts first hand on a weekly basis. The cuts have happened (see entertainment schedules) and I have no doubt they will continue over the next few months.
Off Kilter, Mulch, Sweat & Shears, Guitar Dan in about 30 days, MoRockin' etc. Also please note that all of the members of these bands were full time CM's. Marie

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I think we both believe Disney knows exactly what they are doing......agree? So if we believe that then we believe that Disney knew that there was redundancy in providing said guest service to begin with. That the service was over staffed. Is that what your saying?
Not that Disney "knew" that there was overstaffing, but that Disney believes such is the case. Or believes that it is offering more than it needs to offer in order to offer "great guest experiences". Perhaps Disney is wrong, and many people, like you, will no longer believe that sufficiently g great experiences are being provided. But the posts I was responding to criticized the PR person for making the statement, as if the statement was asinine on its surface. But it isn't. That was the only point I was making with my response.

Everything else is reading more into it then I either said or meant.

tissandtully

You live 1850 miles from WDW. I live 5. I suspect I have more of a finger on the pulse of WDW CMs.
It's already begun, a few months back we had the rudest tram driver at DHS, I even told him myself and he began arguing with me in front of everyone. Luckily, GR is literally right next to the tram drop-off and that's where I went next where the CM there was horrified with what happened and of course did the whole free FP thing, which isn't what I asked for, but was nice otherwise.

Animaniac93-98

Luckily, GR is literally right next to the tram drop-off and that's where I went next where the CM there was horrified with what happened and of course did the whole free FP thing, which isn't what I asked for, but was nice otherwise.

"Give free stuff" seems to be the default response to any guest criticism of WDW. Probably because it's faster and easier than addressing the problem and its usually what the more entitled guests have come to expect.

asianway

I emailed WDW yesterday concerning these cuts and got this reply today:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

While we sincerely appreciate your concern, please know that The Walt Disney World Co. is not responsible for information published on unauthorized websites. For the most accurate information, please refer to our official websites at disney.go.com and disneyworld.com.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Posy Davis
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.
So neither confirmed or denied. Nice.

Are you one of the parkeology guys?

celluloid

At EPCOT, when trying to book a reservation at the desk next to Garden Grill I see an old landline phone with a sign instructing me to pick up in order to be connected to reservations, which when I did, was the automated phone line I would get if I were not even at the park or resorts.
At least at one time with gimmicks and technology working together EPCOT's reservation made sure that you saw an actual person's face. There was nothing charming or "neat" about this recent experience. They could afford to have someone there and should of had someone there to greet and manage restaurant reservations.

Last edited:

wogwog

At EPCOT, when trying to book a reservation at the desk next to Garden Grill I see an old landline phone with a sign instructing me to pick up in order to be connected to reservations, which when I did, was the automated phone line I would get if I were not even at the park or resorts.
At least at one time with gimmicks and technology working together EPCOT's reservation made sure that you saw an actual person's face. There was nothing charming or "neat" about that experience. They could afford to have someone there and should of had someone there to greet and manage restaurant reservations.
One of the many payroll hour cuts happening at a fast pace. The new normal.

BernardandBianca

Btw.. The article refers to front desk curbside greeters being cut. This is not the same thing as the door greeters that many resorts have. The front desk curbside greeters are front desk cast with iPads at the Porte cochere. They were added as part of mymagic+.

So are you saying that the elderly gentleman at GF and the classy gentleman at YC will remain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom