Crazy Tuesday at the Vacation Kingdom

the-reason14

Whew weee. Dang man. Im so glad Im not there right now. Should we be expecting summer crowds to be this way?? I mean, if yall say this aint happen on New Years and its happening now? Mainly because of the discounts and stuff, but if it may be anything like this in the summer than thats more of a reason for me to stay home.

CBOMB

But wait..... The monorail is the bestest most perfect form of transportation ever! All the monorail expansion zealots said so!:rolleyes:

:lol:
Well it is IF it never breaks down, and locks the whole system up, and IF the weather conditions permit, and IF ever inch of track didn't cost a gazillion dollars. It's all worth it though to have a knowledgeable pilot like Mr.Epcot at the stick!:D
I think it's 40 MPH.
Thanks, I would have assumed it would have been much higher. It sounds like the Balloon in DTD didn't fly much today.
Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)
You're getting good at typing that out! Maybe Steve needs to make it a Sticky!:D

WDW1974

So I guess this means all is OK and there is no recession (a media-created lie to scare people) ... of course if that is true than one would wonder why all those CMs had to lose their jobs while Iger, Staggs and Rasulo bathe in greenbacks.

It's so much easier to justify a stale product, destroying lives of workers and cutting quality when the parks aren't jampacked.

On the subject of rails, I'm having trouble with the idea the winds are sustained at 40 MPH ... and that's the issue with shutting them down. I've been there during tropical depressions and storms and the trains have run.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Being Called While On Medical Leave To Be Told Your Laid Off!~

SirGoofy

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

simpsons_monorail.gif

MONORAIL!

jt04

So I guess this means all is OK and there is no recession (a media-created lie to scare people) ... of course if that is true than one would wonder why all those CMs had to lose their jobs while Iger, Staggs and Rasulo bathe in greenbacks.

It's so much easier to justify a stale product, destroying lives of workers and cutting quality when the parks aren't jampacked.

On the subject of rails, I'm having trouble with the idea the winds are sustained at 40 MPH ... and that's the issue with shutting them down. I've been there during tropical depressions and storms and the trains have run.

~What Will YOU Celebrate? Being Called While On Medical Leave To Be Told Your Laid Off!~

OK, party is over. Mr Buzzkill is in the house.

Quaker meeting has begun.....:zipit:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is there a chance the track could bend?
Technically any thing can bend but I doubt that is the issue. I am assuming that under certain high wind conditions the car could get jostled around on the track enough to damage the drive wheels, motors, etc.

Goofnut1980

Disneys faking attendance, to mess with the heads of posters on fan sites. It cant be true theres a recession on. :drevil:

You know I was thinking the same.. The Gov't saying we are in a recession only allows companies to lay off its workforce. But I work for a cell company and we are adding more lines than ever... If it was that bad why are people adding $100+ monthly cell bills with contracts... I was there in december and the parks were busy and people were buying items in shops... You can't tell me they are hurting that bad... or the rest of companies in America.. maybe people don't have $40k to buy a new car.. but they have the few thousand to have vacations...

Goofnut1980

Whew weee. Dang man. Im so glad Im not there right now. Should we be expecting summer crowds to be this way?? I mean, if yall say this aint happen on New Years and its happening now? Mainly because of the discounts and stuff, but if it may be anything like this in the summer than thats more of a reason for me to stay home.

You mention discounts and I bet yes.. plus gas costs are down.. But whats up with a Value Resort costing $129 (might be off a few dollars) a night... How is that a value.. I can stay at a Hilton for less.. :ROFLOL: You would think they would open up the resorts 100% instead of shutting parts off.. and build another "value" resort (legendary years) and make it $99 a night and not have to worry about booking codes... If people knew any time of year they could pay that, they would go whenever it suited them... Everyone would win!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I went to MK about 2 years ago to visit a friend and the monorails were stopped, but it was a bright, clear day...or so I thought....took the ferry and about 5 mins after we entered the park, it was like a mini-hurricane hit (and I'm practically a Florida native, I'm not exaggerating), huge gusts of wind, severe lightning, rain going sideways...for about 20 mins, then it cleared up.

I then realized why the monorails had been stopped.

Figment632

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)[/quote]

Ive been part of this a couple of times!

I was there on New Years eve this year was it a Phase 4?
Do the other parks ever reach Phase 4 or any phase of closing?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know I was thinking the same.. The Gov't saying we are in a recession only allows companies to lay off its workforce. But I work for a cell company and we are adding more lines than ever... If it was that bad why are people adding $100+ monthly cell bills with contracts... I was there in december and the parks were busy and people were buying items in shops... You can't tell me they are hurting that bad... or the rest of companies in America.. maybe people don't have $40k to buy a new car.. but they have the few thousand to have vacations...
Get a job in the construction industry and I'll guarantee you that your opinion will change just a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom