Crazy Tuesday at the Vacation Kingdom

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Something of an interesting day going on at Walt Disney World. First off, it's very busy, the Magic Kingdom is at Phase 4, meaning the park is at capacity and they're not letting anyone in. The temperature is hovering around 61 degrees, and it has been pretty windy. So windy, in fact, that it shut Monorail and Watercraft transportation down earlier. While those were down, they started running parking trams from the Transportation and Ticket Center up World Drive to the Magic Kingdom, which they haven't done for many years. All-in-all, a very unique kind of day.

castevens

Wow. Crazy. Well I guess if they weren't letting anyone in, they didn't have to bring too too many people to the front gates? :)

SirGoofy

Something of an interesting day going on at Walt Disney World. First off, it's very busy, the Magic Kingdom is at Phase 4, meaning the park is at capacity and they're not letting anyone in. The temperature is hovering around 61 degrees, and it has been pretty windy. So windy, in fact, that it shut Monorail and Watercraft transportation down earlier. While those were down, they started running parking trams from the Transportation and Ticket Center up World Drive to the Magic Kingdom, which they haven't done for many years. All-in-all, a very unique kind of day.

Seriously?! Trams up World? That's insane!:eek:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Wow. Crazy. Well I guess if they weren't letting anyone in, they didn't have to bring too too many people to the front gates? :)

The parking trams were earlier this morning, the park has just gone to phase 4 within the past hour or so. Around 9:00, the traffic on World Drive was backed up a good half-mile or so.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Whoa! My mind can't comprehend all that info! Parking trams up World Drive? Phase 4 capacity??? What is going on??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously?! Trams up World? That's insane!:eek:

Yeah, it's kind of cool, they used to do this regularly way back in the day, before they had the bigger ferryboats. They've done it off and on when warranted over the years, but I think it's probably been about 10 years or more since they did it last.

CBOMB

Spring break, combined with the week before Easter means large crowds. Now throw in the fact that Watercraft, and the Monorail were closed due to the wind. You've got to get those guest to the Magic Kingdom someway.

I wonder how attendance is at the rest of the parks.

Edit: Mr.Epcot, exactly how high do the winds have to be to close down the Monorail?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Spring break, combined with the week before Easter means large crowds. Now throw in the fact that Watercraft, and the Monorail were closed due to the wind. You've got to get those guest to the Magic Kingdom someway.

I wonder how attendance is at the rest of the parks.

Edit: Mr.Epcot, exactly how high do the winds have to be to close down the Monorail?
But wait..... The monorail is the bestest most perfect form of transportation ever! All the monorail expansion zealots said so!:rolleyes:

:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone have a link of what the phases are?
Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom