News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Moth

bears have a lot of small rumors of things that could happen for them
  • Potential return to Disneyland in some form
  • Maybe a Henry costume
  • And now maybe pecos bill?
What do you think happpened that the bears are getting so much love rn? Is this a sign they are here to stay?
If we go by the Imagination rumor-mill starting again, constant updates to the Mansion, and also Big Thunder retrack rumors, I assume higher management is starting to realize the value of in-park IPs and is taking steps to expand on some and maintain some.

FigmentJedi

So your argument is that IP in the lands that are not Fantasyland is bad?
There's long been a thought that Fantasyland was the designated cartoon IP containment zone while ignoring that Pecos Bill was in Frontierland from day one. When you start making movies that don't neatly fit into the "European Fairy Tale" mold, you're gonna start seeing them show up outside the European Fairy Tale zone.

>But Princess and the Frog is a European fairy tale
It is a story about people remembering the premise of a European fairy tale and proceeding to screw it up set in America, the country that loves screwing up European fairy tales.

Sneakman

If we go by the Imagination rumor-mill starting again, constant updates to the Mansion, and also Big Thunder retrack rumors, I assume higher management is starting to realize the value of in-park IPs and is taking steps to expand on some and maintain some.
Fingers crossed, I like the sound of that. Hopefully this works out on the figment end. But with bears taking over pecos bills potentially, and the shooting range being gone, I once again raise you: is Frontierland even about cowboys or the frontier anymore, sans big thunder?

Sneakman

And if we’re talking about in park ip returning, one I know they never will touch again but I would LOVE it if they did is xs tech/new Tomorrowland 94. Maybe an xs tech/alien encounter themed buzz retheme?

Moth

Fingers crossed, I like the sound of that. Hopefully this works out on the figment end. But with bears taking over pecos bills potentially, and the shooting range being gone, I once again raise you: is Frontierland even about cowboys or the frontier anymore, sans big thunder?
I heard Critter Country may be the final outcome for Frontierland and Frontierland might be "moved" to BTTM

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Country-Bear-Jamboree_Full_56901.jpg

Country-Bear-Jamboree_Full_56900.jpg

The Chatbox Ghost

That sounds cool, I like critter county. Will there be a second attraction next to coco, or will coco be all that is in new Frontierland.
From what I’ve heard from MickeyViews/DSNY Newcast, it looks like Coco will be a small plot west of BTM with a ride and a restaurant (which supports the end of Pecos Bill’s), and then Beyond Big Thunder is potentially Radiator Springs Racers (???), a Woody’s Round-Up area, and then either Zootopia or Villains in their own land.

The Chatbox Ghost

Moth

That sounds cool, I like critter county. Will there be a second attraction next to coco, or will coco be all that is in new Frontierland.
I heard Woody, I heard Radiator Springs, but all I know from the majority of my council of insiders is that Coco is a done deal.

Sneakman

I heard Woody, I heard Radiator Springs, but all I know from the majority of my council of insiders is that Coco is a done deal.
I hope If woody happens, I hope buzz eventually gets a retheme. Like I said earlier , my impossible dream is a retheme using the alien encounter characters, but I’d be down with Ralph or stitch. Also would woody be a ride or show?

Moth

Is Coco going to be Frontierland or its own thing? I’m praying MK survives the IP Land trend and stays Genre Lands
My current theory which I've seen other people spitball is that the current Frontierland will soon become Critter Country, with BTM, and what goes beyond it will be the "new" Frontierland.

Tiana and Bears lack Frontierland on their posters, so there's evidence that points to the end of Frontierland at least.

zipadee999

I heard Critter Country may be the final outcome for Frontierland and Frontierland might be "moved" to BTTM
More possible food for thought, the Disney app has a new description for the Country Bears and uses ‘southern charm’ versus country and western to describe them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom