News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

999th Happy Haunt

God I hope its not, I hate the idea of "IP specific lands" in castle parks. It's so bad for longevity and it clashes with the themes of all the other lands. Coco would fit as a "New Frontierland" of sorts, but not as its own land, especially with how small the rumored plot is.
I think the rumor a lot of people kick around is that Frontierland is “moving” with Big Thunder being the only remaining space of “old” Frontierland. Still not sure I buy it but the posters do not give a good feel of it sticking around the way it is.

The Chatbox Ghost

I think the rumor a lot of people kick around is that Frontierland is “moving” with Big Thunder being the only remaining space of “old” Frontierland. Still not sure I buy it but the posters do not give a good feel of it sticking around the way it is.
As long as it still exists, I guess? But then what of the Country Bears, where do they go? They're very distinctly country western, it's not like they'd fit in New Orleans Square- and why does WDW need a NOS? That's Disneyland's exclusive land, much like Liberty Square is ours. Ugh, I hate the California-cation of WDW...

999th Happy Haunt

As long as it still exists, I guess? But then what of the Country Bears, where do they go? They're very distinctly country western, it's not like they'd fit in New Orleans Square- and why does WDW need a NOS? That's Disneyland's exclusive land, much like Liberty Square is ours. Ugh, I hate the California-cation of WDW...
Keep in mind Tiana’s at Disneyland will not be in NOS, it will be in Critter Country. Where their bears used to be. Curious.

The Chatbox Ghost

Keep in mind Tiana’s at Disneyland will not be in NOS, it will be in Critter Country. Where their bears used to be. Curious.
ooooooooooh shoot! Critter Country could be fun, especially if they retheme everything from Bears to Pecos Bill's to be CBJ themed. Bring back the Mile Long Bar and refurbish the exit of CBJ to have the dressing room doors from DL/TDL and I'm sold

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
ooooooooooh shoot! Critter Country could be fun, especially if they retheme everything from Bears to Pecos Bill's to be CBJ themed. Bring back the Mile Long Bar and refurbish the exit of CBJ to have the dressing room doors from DL/TDL and I'm sold
For a Critter Country to exist in MK there would need to be more critters. CBJ and TBA doesn't quite cover it. Any other IPs they could stick here?

Comped

Also question for everyone: what do they do with retired characters? Do they smash them because they aren’t used anymore? Or do they sit waiting for return? Because I know that some characters have come back from retirement before. Like I’m sure Duffy is sitting in the back somewhere.
There is a character vault (a warehouse) supposedly in Melbourne, but I don't know 100% what the criteria is to put a costume there versus in storage on property. Probably the level of potential use.
Either parted out or destroyed. If I had to guess parts will probably go to Tokyo.
I'm pretty sure there's a height range difference this costume and the one in Tokyo though? So while OLC might take it for reference, I don't think it would be used in a meet and greet?

Sneakman

Duffy-oooooh.....
remember when they tried to make Duffy a thing at Epcot? That was short lived. Then I think they realized the big purple elephant that was in the room that they could merchandise, and American audiences already liked. I’d be down for a second shot for Duffy in America tho.

The Chatbox Ghost

For a Critter Country to exist in MK there would need to be more critters. CBJ and TBA doesn't quite cover it. Any other IPs they could stick here?
I mean, it's two IPs, which is exactly how many DL's Critter Country has, unless you count the CBJ references as a third IP. I guess you could try to do something with Bambi? Robin Hood? Rescuers? Fox and the Hound?

Epcot81Fan

Tell me, what princesses appear in Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Liberty Square? Aladdin’s Carpets don’t count as Jasmine.
Fantasyland is more than princesses - Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear, and the Muppets have been put in Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Liberty Square.

If you can only imagine these lands with cartoon characters and Muppets - well, then you are (EDITED for sensitive souls).

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

Fantasyland is more than princesses - Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear, and the Muppets have been put in Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Liberty Square.

If you can only imagine these lands with cartoon characters and Muppets - well, then you are a moron.
Adventureland also has had pirates, talking birds, and anthropomorphic animals for decades. Tomorrowland has had aliens, spacemen, and robots much longer than Toy Story has been around. I’ll give you Liberty Square, but the Muppets are long gone and LS already has had fantasy ghosts since day 1. Also how can you hate the Muppets?

You really seem to love calling anyone who doesn’t share your opinions stupid, but to me it seems like you’re so stubborn to enjoy anything Disney does post-Walt. Why even be interested in the Disney Parks if you don’t enjoy anything they do anymore? It sounds miserable to hate everything.

The Chatbox Ghost

And having such sadly low expectations for a once great company is simply embarrassing.
I don’t have low expectations, I just know how to have fun. My expectations for Tiana’s and CBMJ were extremely low and they turned out better than I expected. My expectations for the company as a whole are still very, very low, but I’m not a miserable grump and if something is fun I will enjoy it and not belittle others if they don’t have the same opinion as me.

In a perfect world, Disney Parks would continue to innovate with new attractions that tell unique stories like Pirates and Mansion. But that’s not the world we live in. We live in a world where your average joe going to the park wants to see whatever movie they like and will pay good money for it. Us parks super fans are a vocal minority. We can continue to voice our opinions to Disney but they only care if we’re giving them money.

Epcot81Fan

I don’t have low expectations, I just know how to have fun. My expectations for Tiana’s and CBMJ were extremely low and they turned out better than I expected. My expectations for the company as a whole are still very, very low, but I’m not a miserable grump and if something is fun I will enjoy it and not belittle others if they don’t have the same opinion as me.

In a perfect world, Disney Parks would continue to innovate with new attractions that tell unique stories like Pirates and Mansion. But that’s not the world we live in. We live in a world where your average joe going to the park wants to see whatever movie they like and will pay good money for it. Us parks super fans are a vocal minority. We can continue to voice our opinions to Disney but they only care if we’re giving them money.
Hey, if jingling keys make you giggle, that’s great. Enjoy.

Comped

remember when they tried to make Duffy a thing at Epcot? That was short lived. Then I think they realized the big purple elephant that was in the room that they could merchandise, and American audiences already liked. I’d be down for a second shot for Duffy in America tho.
Duffy could still be a thing if Disney knew how to market him to people outside of Asia...

Jedi14

If you can only imagine these lands with cartoon characters and Muppets - well, then you are (EDITED for sensitive souls).
So your argument is that IP in the lands that are not Fantasyland is bad?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom