News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Meeko77

At WDW.NT (I work there), it was because of a copyright claim. It was later revealed by Drew the Disney Dude that there will indeed be music streaming starting tomorrow, no confirmation on if it'll be more than Try Everything though.
Thanks! The entire album is on Spotify now. They have full-length versions of quite a few of the songs. It’s roughly 18 min long.

In the Parks
No
The lyrics to the opening song are incredibly inferior to the original. There's nothing endearing about this one at all. It sounds a lot better when there are enthusiastic Disney fans packing the theater clapping their hands, stomping their feet, and trying to keep right with 'em, but they're only doing that in the videos of the new show because a) They're Disney fans and b) the old show told them to. This one doesn't even give that command:
1721190941407.png

Also, that last Max, Buff, and Melvin line is pretty clearly a reference to "Come Again," probably included when Zip was going to be the finale.

J.E.Smith

The lyrics to the opening song are incredibly inferior to the original. There's nothing endearing about this one at all. It sounds a lot better when there are enthusiastic Disney fans packing the theater clapping their hands, stomping their feet, and trying to keep right with 'em, but they're only doing that in the videos of the new show because a) They're Disney fans and b) the old show told them to. This one doesn't even give that command:
View attachment 801134
Also, that last Max, Buff, and Melvin line is pretty clearly a reference to "Come Again," probably included when Zip was going to be the finale.
I think Henry's line is "After all our years together" heh. Which I like since cause at least it acknowledges how that the bears have been playing together for a long time.

Sneaky

View attachment 801134
Wait so zip was gonna be the exit song and no come again?

The Chatbox Ghost

Funny they recorded full versions of all the songs when only a little bit was used in the show itself.

Interesting that the version of A Whole New World is different than the show- Chris Thile isn’t doing a voice for Wendell.

No Remember Me, either… could that add to the rumor that Blood on the Saddle was going to be Al’s original song?

EDIT: Continuing to listen through- Fixer Upper is entirely instrumental?? Damn. I was really hoping for all the songs in the show to be how they sounded in the show…

Last edited:

Sneaky

Interesting that the version of A Whole New World is different than the show- Chris Thile isn’t doing a voice for Wendell.

No Remember Me, either… could that add to the rumor that Blood on the Saddle was going to be Al’s original song?

EDIT: Continuing to listen through- Fixer Upper is entirely instrumental?? Damn. I was really hoping for all the songs in the show to be how they sounded in the show…
Remember me is a good replacement for blood in the saddle, it just needed more time to breathe.

The Chatbox Ghost

Remember me is a good replacement for blood in the saddle, it just needed more time to breathe.
Yeah I think it works, just wish it was on the album. The album is pretty much all different audio from the actual show. The opener is the same, Try Everything and Kiss the Girl are long versions of what we got, Supercali- is identical to the show, and then everything after that is entirely different recordings. Whole New World doesn’t have Wendell’s voice, Fixer Upper is entirely instrumental, and the rest are different recordings. Bare Necessities does sound good still, with some solos from a few characters akin to the Christmas/Vacation finales.

So much for having the source audio!! Hopefully someone can get that uploaded in high quality.

Sneaky

Yeah I think it works, just wish it was on the album. The album is pretty much all different audio from the actual show. The opener is the same, Try Everything and Kiss the Girl are long versions of what we got, Supercali- is identical to the show, and then everything after that is entirely different recordings. Whole New World doesn’t have Wendell’s voice, Fixer Upper is entirely instrumental, and the rest are different recordings. Bare Necessities does sound good still, with some solos from a few characters akin to the Christmas/Vacation finales.

So much for having the source audio!! Hopefully someone can get that uploaded in high quality.
you think they had a diff show at one point?

The Chatbox Ghost

you think they had a diff show at one point?
I’d imagine they went through a lot of versions. The final show audio is likely the “final” takes and the album are some earlier ones. Except for Ernest’s, what we hear in the show and album is the first and only take- the dude nailed it on the first try!

999th Happy Haunt

Fantasyland is more than princesses - Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear, and the Muppets have been put in Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Liberty Square.

If you can only imagine these lands with cartoon characters and Muppets - well, then you are (EDITED for sensitive souls).
Idk if I’m just blanking right now but where are the muppets in adventureland and tomorrowland

Sneaky

bears have a lot of small rumors of things that could happen for them
  • Potential return to Disneyland in some form
  • Maybe a Henry costume
  • And now maybe pecos bill?
What do you think happpened that the bears are getting so much love rn? Is this a sign they are here to stay?

wdwgreek

So after allowing this to sit for a week, I have my thoughts finally gathered. I will preface this by saying that I loved the original show and I found the 2012 refurbishment such an abject basterdization of the original. The Country Bear Jamboree at its heart was a vaudeville style variety show, a medium that was dying in the 1920's and effectively dead by the 1970s save for tv variety shows popular in the 50s and 60s and extending into late night. The original full show was filled with enchanting wit, humor and a mix of characters which were expertly designed. In 2012 when the spare dialogue was cut, the songs were tightened, and the order of the show shuffled, something was lost. The show is meant to evolve, it has naturally built levels, making the audience believe that the ensemble was a real troupe of actors. The cuts were extremely detrimental to this and made the show feel rushed and shallow... but enough of this yick yak and flim flam onto the review.

I was crushed when the show closure was announced, but my review of the new show cannot be a comparison of the prior show. I have to judge it on its own merits. My criteria is as follows: 1. Structure of the show. (Pacing, plot, immersion, cohesiveness). 2. Content of the Show (Humor, set list, performances) 3. Ascetics (AA quality, costumes, other artistic elements).

1. Structure: The show I think has a fairly strong structure. It does open now with a humorous interlude by Buff, Max and Melvin, whose interrogation into the show, makes them feel like part of the ensemble rather than audience members. Their banter throughout the show is a highlight and adds to the immersion factor. The show also adds back Rufus from later editions of the CBJ, which is a welcome return. These elements help make the show feel immersive and reinforces the notion the show is a "real" troupe of actors putting on a variety show. The structure keeps Gomer playing an introduction and then the bear band plays. This is where the first knock of the structure comes in, whereas before the bear band played numerous times, the house band is relegated to a minor 58 second song rather then a larger accompaniment same with Gomer. Recall that originally both these features returned multiple times throughout the show, not just at the beginning and end. The show continues with a nice flow although, I have serious critiques for not allowing each bear to shine as a solo act, the squeezing together of Teddy and Wendell as well as the Sun Bonnets and Trixie really are poor choices. I am all for reclaiming size, Trixie could have done that without the Sun Bonnets who deserve their own spotlight and not back up. The finale also feels rushed and could have used one more refrain and is missing a wow factor. Overall it felt a bit rushed and it needed a bit more air. I give the structure a 7/10 overall.

2. Content: Some of this was alluded to above. I have to accept they are choosing Disney songs, although I wish they choose songs more obscure from the catalogue they all work with the exception of Try everything and most egregiously a whole new world. These two songs are jarring in the context of the show. I can't get settled with them. Turning a whole new world into a song with a dopey bear singing to a sexualized bear is such a strange contrast for a love song. Teddy singing it solo would have been a much better choice. Other songs excel, particularly you've got a friend in me, fixer upper, remember me and the Mary Poppins interlude. The idea the drunk Big Al can't sing a forlorn love song is actually very funny and executed well. The new introduction song, Musical Jamboree is fun, but needs another 45 seconds of content. The return of Come Again and the choice of Bare Necessitates also fit very nicely. Overall 7/10.

3. Ascetics: These bears look great. There is no denying the animatronics look fantastic. I don't believe i've ever seen them looking so sharp and clean. Their movements are excellent and the programming is fantastic. They have so much animation in them. There are a few costume choices like Trixie's that I really don't care for, but overall this is the strongest aspect of the refurbishment. 9/10.

overall? 7.6 A solid C, its fine show. It is not everything I hoped it would be, but given the alternative, A toy story musical revue or nothing. I will gladly take this and will be coming again to see it.

For Reference, I give the original show a 10/10, the Christmas show a 9.5/10, Vacation hoedown 8/10 and the 2012 version a C+. Note while this show is a downgrade from original content, it at least maintains a good sense of immersion, great banter from the trio on the wall and really lets Henry shine as the MC who has finally allowed himself to get into the fun and not just be the straight man. Thanks for reading!

The Chatbox Ghost

bears have a lot of small rumors of things that could happen for them
  • Potential return to Disneyland in some form
  • Maybe a Henry costume
  • And now maybe pecos bill?
What do you think happpened that the bears are getting so much love rn? Is this a sign they are here to stay?
Chapek is out, and a creative is head of WDI. Could be a good sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom