News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Wait, is Shaker getting a new costume? Why would they redo him and not Romeo too? It’s not even like it’s a big change, just new clothes and a blonde wig. Are the CMs/park app calling him Romeo or still calling him Liver Lips?

It’s a shame to lose him, especially since he’s been around since the 70s and his new design for CBMJ is one of the best.
I was told it's because they want the Romeo name to be consistent across the parks, and since Tokyo still has the original show where he's called "Liverlips" they're just retiring him here. Will he come back if Tokyo gets the new show? Who knows.

Now I do think they should have just called him 'McGrowl' across the board or updated his look to the CBMJ costume instead of retiring him, but Disney doesn't make the logical choices, do they?

Last edited:

J.E.Smith

FINALLY. If it does happen, I feel like it’s a long time coming. If it doesn’t I’ll be confused. Henry should’ve been a character meet and greet since day one with the other four.
Especially since Henry did have a walkaround in the Disney on Parade show in the 70s.

Attachments

• 3224514883_98cb4163ac_z.jpg
    3224514883_98cb4163ac_z.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 19

Sneakman

At least we will still have our lord and savior big al either way. I honestly kinda feel like big al is on the Mount Rushmore of Disney parks original characters.
My picks: the hatbox ghost, figment, Duffy, big al. Leota works too
Duffy because
Hatbox ghost because he was famous and had a cult following without even exisiting for so many years, and becoming a core part of mansion lore out of sheer will.
Duffy because of the sheer merchandise he has created over the years and world he has spawned.
Figment because…he’s figment. Hes lile the mascot of Disney world. He legit can’t be removed, he’s so beloved he’s just made his place permanent (despite Disney’s best efforts.)
And big Al because I feel like he’s the only character ever in the animatronic show ever to be popular as a standalone character. You don’t get people clamoring about jose, Romeo, or father on their own as singular characters, but Big Al is somewhat famous in his own.

Last edited:

Sneakman

Also question for everyone: what do they do with retired characters? Do they smash them because they aren’t used anymore? Or do they sit waiting for return? Because I know that some characters have come back from retirement before. Like I’m sure Duffy is sitting in the back somewhere.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Also question for everyone: what do they do with retired characters? Do they smash them because they aren’t used anymore? Or do they sit waiting for return? Because I know that some characters have come back from retirement before. Like I’m sure Duffy is sitting in the back somewhere.
Either parted out or destroyed. If I had to guess parts will probably go to Tokyo.

doctornick

Interesting. Perhaps there's some merit to the death of Frontierland, then... but then, what of Big Thunder and the rumored Coco expansion of Frontierland?
I don’t think it’s ever been stated that “beyond Thunder mountain” would be part of Frontierland. I’d expect Coco or whatever else to be a new/different land

The Chatbox Ghost

I don’t think it’s ever been stated that “beyond Thunder mountain” would be part of Frontierland. I’d expect Coco or whatever else to be a new/different land
God I hope its not, I hate the idea of "IP specific lands" in castle parks. It's so bad for longevity and it clashes with the themes of all the other lands. Coco would fit as a "New Frontierland" of sorts, but not as its own land, especially with how small the rumored plot is.

zipadee999

God I hope its not, I hate the idea of "IP specific lands" in castle parks. It's so bad for longevity and it clashes with the themes of all the other lands. Coco would fit as a "New Frontierland" of sorts, but not as its own land, especially with how small the rumored plot is.
I hope that beyond big thunder isn’t its own land. I’d like to see Coco included as a Frontierland expansion and villains land either as its own thing or a fantasyland expansion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom