News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Do Bob and Josh really care if people complain on Internet forums if they still visit the parks anyway?
This is why I'll never understand all the people who just constantly blame Bob Iger. Like do you really think Bob Iger truly cares about the price of cupcakes when he has much bigger things to deal with? I don't think Bob Iger is constantly looking at the development and giving notes on the Country Bear musical jamboree. If you truly hate most of the parks and new offerings then the people you should be blaming are Josh D'Amaro and Jeff Vahle. I'm not even saying I like Bob Iger just that the blame is misdirected.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I’m just glad these characters will be sticking around for the foreseeable future. This gives them a future. There have been many iterations of the Country Bears before, and this is just one of many. It may not be my favorite way this could have been done (I’d have sprung for more recognizable country songs or more obscure Disney tracks) but it’ll be a hit with families.
I think it might be very good. Time will tell.
Truth be told, I found a few songs in its previous iteration to be meh.

Brer Oswald

The big thing with Zip is that it is associated with an entire movie they won’t release. Without lyrics Davy and Leader aren’t insensitive by pure association, and have even had those lyrics removed in various forms (Davy not having them on the OG Country Bears nor in Hoop Dee Doo, and Following the Leader having the lyrics removed in a 90’s sing along VHS)
Zip was basically an anthem for Disney for a solid 70 years. Out of the entire Disney library, it’s the most far removed from its origin (and that is likely by design). It’s also easily applicable to anything. The song is so devoid of context it might as well not have any.

The thing with Davy and Following the Leader is that most people probably don’t know about the lyrics. That and racism against Indigenous people not being the “in thing” rn. Whatever the reason, there’s no excuse for Disney. It’s baffling hypocrisy.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I loved this. The song choices all seemed to fit the bears and there was still plenty of humor in it. I’m sure some people will continue to complain about the “Disney IP infestation,” but this seemed very tastefully done to me.
I don’t notice any humor that really worked. Or charm. Or flow. Or anything that made the previous show good and engaging. Just recycled songs sung with a twang. Stale.

mickEblu

I hope so. Bring the bears back to DLR!

I wonder where it would go though unless they are just adding some bears to Grizzly River Run. Might be something as small as adding one Big Al AA to the ride. It's hard for me to imagine them building an entire AA show from scratch in the mid 2020's. Granted, they could have just duplicated all the AA's from MK but you still have the infrastructure etc..

The Leader of the Club

I don’t notice any humor that really worked. Or charm. Or flow. Or anything that made the previous show good and engaging. Just recycled songs sung with a twang. Stale.
The smoking fiddle, the “grab a bear trap” line for Big Al, Buff saying that he’s “stuffed”

There were a lot of moments in here that made me chuckle. But, if it’s not your cup of tea that’s fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom