News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

brettf22

Premium Member
This is what I always say. People always outcry when they go to Disney world and find Disney at the world.

Itā€™s never the fact that folks are disappointed to ā€œfind Disney at the world.ā€ Itā€™s the disappointment in finding *only* Disney IP crammed into every nook and cranny.

As Iā€™ve said before, Disney used to create world class theme parks. Now they create world class Disney themed parks. Subtle, but important difference.

That being said, the show *looks* better than ever. And it seems successful in implementing a ā€œDisneyā€ show while maintaining a good portion of the previous showā€™s feel. I still prefer the old showā€™s humor and irreverence. But thatā€™s just me.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I highly doubt everyone in the company is in agreement with the decision. Most people love the song. Itā€™s gotta be a select few in higher positions that have ultimate veto power.

Given the other radically insensitive songs they still play at the parks (Following the Leader, Ballad of Davy Crockett, straight up minstrel era songs in Frontierland and some in the TBA queue loop) itā€™s weird that they are so hard on this song that is just about sunshines and pretty days.
The big thing with Zip is that it is associated with an entire movie they wonā€™t release. Without lyrics Davy and Leader arenā€™t insensitive by pure association, and have even had those lyrics removed in various forms (Davy not having them on the OG Country Bears nor in Hoop Dee Doo, and Following the Leader having the lyrics removed in a 90ā€™s sing along VHS)

surfsupdon

As a big Disney fan, and someone who loves classic Disney, I am going to guess the big surprise is that one of the songs will be Zip a dee doo dah. I mean, THAT song is ICONIC Disney. It would fit the new direction of the show, give a subtle nod to an extinct attraction, and itā€™s a beautiful ear worm that will make many fans happy!
Based on Steveā€™s subtle clue, I called this but alas, it never came true. Darn!

UofMGuy423

I really like it! I also loved the original, but it was getting dated and with attendance levels low it's been at risk for closure for years. Glad to see Disney invested in an update and is keeping it around. My only critique would have been to leave Bear Bear Serenade at the beginning instead of the new song, but otherwise a great update.

Sir_Cliff

It seems they did a pretty good job with this, all things considered. This is the first time in a while I remember a largely positive reaction to a new addition, let alone a revamped older attraction!

A few little things strike me, such as it would be nice to have a bit more humour in the show. Where I think this falls most flat is with Trixie and Try Everything is honestly the song I thought worked the least. The smoking fiddle was great and I also could have done with a little more Big Al.

Overall, though, I suspect this will hit a sweet spot for guests as a fun show that doesn't overstay its welcome and leaves people heading out the door humming The Bear Necessities.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
So 8 Disney songs shoved into CBJ over 12 minutes gets rave reviews because they're "country-fied", while retaining almost nothing from the original shows and also managing to remove all the humor and most of the charm? (Yes, I watched the video)

Keep that bar low, people, Bob and Josh are counting on you.
There's the negativity I was talking about!

Surferboy567

So 8 Disney songs shoved into CBJ over 12 minutes gets rave reviews because they're "country-fied", while retaining almost nothing from the original shows and also managing to remove all the humor and most of the charm? (Yes, I watched the video)

There it is! Was waiting on our first negative reaction.

Sir_Cliff

Do Bob and Josh really care if people complain on Internet forums if they still visit the parks anyway?

mightynine

1720625057535.png

...it's ok. Very lacking in humor, which led to the somewhat awkward moment when people starting laughing at the beginning of the Whole New World song, but it wasn't supposed to be funny, but you expect humor with the Bears.

I did like the fiddle smoking though.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Overall, much better than I expected upon the initial news. Is it better than the original show? No. Is it on par with the other two versions of the show? Again, no. But thatā€™s ok. Thereā€™s a lot of little moments that work well, the animatronics look wonderful, the costuming is delightful. The show has managed to keep most of its soul.

It must get better than after "Try Everything" then. Had to pause the video there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom