Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

dcibrando

My visit to the CBJ a few weeks ago was extremely disappointing... it amazes me Disney doesn't do something with this. You can barely hear the audio (sounds like its coming off a record).

this type of show could be very entertaining for kids... but yet most of them will sit there (along with the parents) and be quiet and go "huh"

the CBJ needs a MAJOR redo overhaul... or get rid of it altogether and put something new in it's place (yes I know it's a classic, but cmon)

UofMGuy423

That would be a shame if they shorten it. It's not that long of a show.

I had heard it mentioned before that the Christmas overlay isn't used because Disney had a difficult time with copyright royalties on some of the songs they use in it. No idea if that's true, but that's what I heard.

Buried20KLeague

I hope it closes. I liked it but now it's too weird for my tastes. Sorry.

Do you want it closed so something new and innovative could be put in in it's place, or so the building can be shuttered with no replacement, creating another dead space in prime real estate within the Magic Kingdom?

Be careful what you wish for.

WorldKey

It costs money to do and makes none in return. It is no more complicated than that.

There is a lot of 'plus-ing' that Disney does that doesn't appear to directly bring in money but I do hear a lot of people talk about how much they liked the Holiday version of CBJ and they may have gotten a lot of requests. In the long run they may in fact make money if it brings in a more people for the holidays. There is just no way for any of us on the outside to measure. I think a few different software programs that can be switched within a few days of installation and testing might be a good thing to keep CBJ fresh (although I am partial to the original show). I have to agree that the AA's need an upgrade on movement - not sure if they are using 'compliance' software yet....still seems pretty jerky.

Long live CBJ!

Oh gosh, I really hope they don't shorten the show! I adore the Country Bears, and think the show is the perfect length. I have the world's most antsy two-year old, and even he can sit through the whole show with no problems. If its not too long for him, its not too long for anyone.

Do we know what the refurb is going to entail? Last time we were in there I thought the bears fur could use a little fluffing. Poor Trixie is starting to look a little matted. That combined with her eyes not working right make her look a little sorry.

puntagordabob

Seriosuly... I sure hope they are not planning to edit and dumb the show down... Im so sick of our attractions being dumbed down to the lowest denominator cuz people visiting WDW are this and that excuse....

Rasvar

When they originally stopped the Christmas overlay, some friends of mine who were higher up said that some of it had to do with significant increases in some of the right fees for the songs they had in it. Not sure if that is the long term reason why it has not come back. The numbers may not have made a huge difference and they just decided it was not worth it in later years.

J.E.Smith

I've read reports from other sites that the refurb is only going to be from October 1st-17th. Which are the correct dates?

spectrodanny

That was the Disneyland version and Winnie the Pooh took over the spot. However they did do a tribute to CBJ as you exit the Dream sequence you turn your back to the wall to find Melvin, Buff & Max forever frozen.
nods_cbjheads.jpg

Melvin: What the Heck have they done to our home!?
Max:I don't know but i sure don't like it!
Buff: now c'mon you two we should be GREATFUL that WE get to stay.

I really hope that this "refurb" actually "refurbs" ... the last time I saw the show a few months ago, the audio was horrid, the movements all off, and even the lighting wasn't working right. Not to mention the "slide show" portion needs to enter the digital age ... as in, cleaned up so you can actually see the slides!

spectrodanny

I really hope that this "refurb" actually "refurbs" ... the last time I saw the show a few months ago, the audio was horrid, the movements all off, and even the lighting wasn't working right. Not to mention the "slide show" portion needs to enter the digital age ... as in, cleaned up so you can actually see the slides!

the last slide sure needs some correcting (there is a typo in it that's been there since day 1)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom