Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

Cmdr_Crimson

I am just getting to see CBJ before the refurb My trip ends the 22nd . I also saw someone mention there being 2 stages never have seen 2 different rooms showing the show simotanusly

That was the Disneyland version and Winnie the Pooh took over the spot. However they did do a tribute to CBJ as you exit the Dream sequence you turn your back to the wall to find Melvin, Buff & Max forever frozen.
nods_cbjheads.jpg

aladdin2007

From what I have heard, they are rebuilding some of the bears. And they will be editing (shortening) the show. So see it in the original form before it closes....

They will probably cut a couple songs out to shorten it. While Im not thrilled with that idea, its better than another attraction space becoming a meetngreet.

culturenthrills

I've never been a fan of the normal CBJ show -- it just doesn't do anything for me. But I always thought the Holiday show was delightful and would love to see it come back. (Hey, if it's too much trouble to switch over, then just run the Holiday show and leave it shuttered the rest of the year).

If they brought back holiday CBJ and the Lights of Winter I'd think somebody in TDO was starting to get it.

Don't hold your breath on that one.

spectrodanny

by making the show shorter I hope they don't mean:

Buff (whistles): Hey Henry what's holding you up lety's get on with the show, we can't hang around here all day
Max: Now Buff Be Patient. takes a little doing to set these things up
Melvin: Yeah we aint' going anywhere antyhow a we're kinda hung up here

Stage 4: Henry: Okok boys take it easy take it easy now we're ready to start sorry folks i'll be reight with you. (clears throat_ well folks that concludes our show so thanks for bearin with us to the bear end and barrel around to see us again. (looks at CM)What do you say"

Cast Member: Please exit out to your right & enjoy the rest of your stay here at the Magic Kingdom"

WDW1974

meanwhile the carousel of progress continues to fall apart....

Most attractions at the MK are in this state ... you should be happy that they'll spend a few months working on the CBJ and it likely will look largely like it does now (see BTMRR, Sp. Mtn, Splash Mtn, PoC etc rehabs)

There's so many things wrong with so many attractions that I am fairly certain the people 'rehabbing' them don't even know what needs fixing ... and I wonder if they've brought in crews from Paris that believe in only the most half-arsed rehabs.

But, hey, Avengers was way kewl and the Sheriff was a genius buying Marvel ... you just wait til Disney forces UNI to give up Spidey and the Hulk, you just wait. I'll (blank) plush when that happens!:eek::D:drevil:

WDW1974

From what I have heard, they are rebuilding some of the bears. And they will be editing (shortening) the show. So see it in the original form before it closes....

Sounds great. Let's have a 6 minute and 11 second show because the audience all needs to get back to playing with their iToys.

The Duck

Any idea about how they are shortening the show? If they are removing songs, do you know which ones?

I have an uneasy feeling that "Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford" will be gone. I've often wondered how many over-protective parents have complained about the implied (comic) violence in that song. If this song is removed (for the reason that I mentioned), it will add more proof that our society is raising a generation of p*****s.

disney fan 13

Most attractions at the MK are in this state ... you should be happy that they'll spend a few months working on the CBJ and it likely will look largely like it does now (see BTMRR, Sp. Mtn, Splash Mtn, PoC etc rehabs)

There's so many things wrong with so many attractions that I am fairly certain the people 'rehabbing' them don't even know what needs fixing ... and I wonder if they've brought in crews from Paris that believe in only the most half-arsed rehabs.

But, hey, Avengers was way kewl and the Sheriff was a genius buying Marvel ... you just wait til Disney forces UNI to give up Spidey and the Hulk, you just wait. I'll (blank) plush when that happens!:eek::D:drevil:

When was Bob Iger a sheriff? I know the weatherman but haven't heard the sheriff comment.

J.E.Smith

So the bears are getting another big refurb? When I first saw the topic title I can got confused and thought someone bumped up the topic from 2008 the last time the bears got a lengthy refurb.

By the way, to those people complaining about the sound, what's the problem with it? Don't you guys remember back in the old refurb thread from 2008 they said they ripped out the old speakers from the 70s and put in new ones (Which was pretty much the big part of the refurb)? I mean, if all the speakers were already replaced then what more can they do? And honestly I don't understand the sound complaints. I know I've said this a thousand times since the '08 refurb and I'll say it again, the upgraded speakers were my favorite part of the last refurb because some of the songs (Most notably my personal favorite, the finale song) sounded a lot better than they did before pre-refurb.

Another cute thing I liked about the refurb was that they either fixed or reprogrammed Shaker so that he does that crazy shaking "dance" during the finale (I hope they don't change that). One problem I did have with the refurb is they messed up Stage 5 Henry's arms. Stage 5 Henry was one of the AAs before the refurb that was in great shape but for some reason the arm movements were messed up afterwards.

I'll admit that I haven't been to the parks since 2005, but since then I've been keeping a close eye on the bears' condition in videos, and to be honest even though the bears aren't in perfect shape from the most recent ones I've seen it looks like they're at least trying to get the AAs in good a shape as they can. In fact even though some of the bears a bit jerky some of them have been moving more fludily as of late, such as Trixie and Big Al. The Bear Band in particular have also been looking great. I think the bears who seem to have more problems are the Sun Bonnets. Even though most of the other bears have been in better shape they just can't seem to get all three of them working right (Recent video I saw one of their arms wasn't moving). I think the one main common issue though with the bears at the moment is a lot of them have stuck eyes.

But are you guys sure they'll be editing the show down? I really really hope that they don't. I mean, unlike with Tiki Room editing certain songs out also means cutting characters from the show. I mean, how can they edit the show and not ruin the flow? Only one I can think of is "Little Beauford" because with that they can just go from Liver Lips to Henry introducing Trixie. And they can't edit out Liver Lips or Shaker's songs because those two show up in the finale.

PinkElephants

I have an uneasy feeling that "Mama Don't Whoop Little Buford" will be gone. I've often wondered how many over-protective parents have complained about the implied (comic) violence in that song. If this song is removed (for the reason that I mentioned), it will add more proof that our society is raising a generation of p*****s.

That's the FIRST thing that I thought of. They better not get rid of this song! :fork:

scottnj1966

It costs money to do and makes none in return. It is no more complicated than that.

Yes everything costs money but Disney made a name for themselves for the little details they do. To go over and above what anyone would expect. This is something that is going away each year. If management stays on this route to just stay ok, they will lose what they are.

Not that I could ever speak for Walt but I cannot imagine he would pleased in some of the direction management has taken to save money the last decade.

Buried20KLeague

I bet you're right. :(.

That would be a real shame... That song is one of the few spots I always hear people laugh out loud at.

Buried20KLeague

So the bears are getting another big refurb? When I first saw the topic title I can got confused and thought someone bumped up the topic from 2008 the last time the bears got a lengthy refurb.

By the way, to those people complaining about the sound, what's the problem with it? Don't you guys remember back in the old refurb thread from 2008 they said they ripped out the old speakers from the 70s and put in new ones (Which was pretty much the big part of the refurb)? I mean, if all the speakers were already replaced then what more can they do? And honestly I don't understand the sound complaints. I know I've said this a thousand times since the '08 refurb and I'll say it again, the upgraded speakers were my favorite part of the last refurb because some of the songs (Most notably my personal favorite, the finale song) sounded a lot better than they did before pre-refurb.

Another cute thing I liked about the refurb was that they either fixed or reprogrammed Shaker so that he does that crazy shaking "dance" during the finale (I hope they don't change that). One problem I did have with the refurb is they messed up Stage 5 Henry's arms. Stage 5 Henry was one of the AAs before the refurb that was in great shape but for some reason the arm movements were messed up afterwards.

I'll admit that I haven't been to the parks since 2005, but since then I've been keeping a close eye on the bears' condition in videos, and to be honest even though the bears aren't in perfect shape from the most recent ones I've seen it looks like they're at least trying to get the AAs in good a shape as they can. In fact even though some of the bears a bit jerky some of them have been moving more fludily as of late, such as Trixie and Big Al. The Bear Band in particular have also been looking great. I think the bears who seem to have more problems are the Sun Bonnets. Even though most of the other bears have been in better shape they just can't seem to get all three of them working right (Recent video I saw one of their arms wasn't moving). I think the one main common issue though with the bears at the moment is a lot of them have stuck eyes.

But are you guys sure they'll be editing the show down? I really really hope that they don't. I mean, unlike with Tiki Room editing certain songs out also means cutting characters from the show. I mean, how can they edit the show and not ruin the flow? Only one I can think of is "Little Beauford" because with that they can just go from Liver Lips to Henry introducing Trixie. And they can't edit out Liver Lips or Shaker's songs because those two show up in the finale.

The audio is HORRIBLY low. Very very quiet. Like, to a point where if the crowd claps along, you can't hear anything.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes everything costs money but Disney made a name for themselves for the little details they do. To go over and above what anyone would expect. This is something that is going away each year. If management stays on this route to just stay ok, they will lose what they are.

Not that I could ever speak for Walt but I cannot imagine he would pleased in some of the direction management has taken to save money the last decade.
You are correct. Disney no longer seems to do something just because it is cool to do. So far they have survived and even prospered doing this, but I do fear, and secretly hope, that it will catch up with them long before they see the error of their ways.

tl77

I was there this past December on one of the "Very Merry Christmas Party" nights, and couldn't believe that with all the decorations in not only the parks but hotels, that they didn't bother to do the Christmas version CBJ. It seemed crazy that they would decorate every square inch of the property but not bother to put the Santa hats on the bears

That being said though I'm thrilled to hear they're doing something with the CBJ, it needs some work, I've got a "Rock n Roll Elmo" for my little nieces and Elmo's movements are a little more fluid that the Bears at the moment. But the Country Bears are an all time favorite, hope they're up and running at 100%, I loved the Original and Vacation shows and maybe someday will get to see the Holiday show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom