Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

RSoxNo1

There are so many factors contributing to a rise and fall in attendance it would be difficult to quantify if the Christmas Special is actually increasing attendance during that time of year. The best way to tell is compare years when it was running vs. years that it wasn't and actual attendance in the attraction. If 5% more guests are going into CBJ when the Christmas Special was running vs. now when it's not they need to determine if the increased satisfaction of that 5% is worth bringing it out.

dave&di

We're there in Sept :( I love CBJ, I'm not a thrill seeker I don't do coasters so this was perfect for me! I also loved it for its historic value. I will really miss not seeing this :(

Oh, hold on, there was one ride I did for the first time in 2010 that was a great achievement for me that I will be looking forward to doing in Sept! ........Test Track! :hammer:

bubbles1812

MK is obviously courting repeat business more than in the past, attendance has stagnated, and with the internet a lot of disgusted families are canceling the big trip they make every 5 years to WDW.

Could you explain this statement pixiedust? What do you mean by with the internet lots of disgusted families are canceling the big trip? Provide a link? Im honestly curious. I havent seen any evidence of that anywhere. Yes, there is a lot of griping on this forum, but for the most part it seems people are still going and I know many many families who still keep up that semi annual trip to WDW. I'm not going to argue that attendance hasn't stagnated though I will agree with the other poster that I highly doubt WDW offering less at Christmas than other parks has a tons to do with it.

prberk

The Christmas Special is simply perfect for this attraction, and should be retained.

By the analysis that everyone here is using, we could start wondering whether it is useful to have carolers out at Christmastime, or cutting the budget for decorations. (I mean, they won't really miss them if we take the Christmas things away incrementally...)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Christmas Special is simply perfect for this attraction, and should be retained.

By the analysis that everyone here is using, we could start wondering whether it is useful to have carolers out at Christmastime, or cutting the budget for decorations. (I mean, they won't really miss them if we take the Christmas things away incrementally...)
What makes you think they do not already do that. Case in point....
Lights_of_winter_epcot-resized-600.jpg

COProgressFan

Oh well. So long as this one does what's needed.

So your hopes aren't high for this one?

I want to believe they are going to give this the very thorough refurb it needs. New sound (which it BADLY needs), lighting upgrades, and mechanical upgrades to the AA's, which creak and jerk. A 2 month downtime seems short. That said, it would be much simpler to refurb a show, rather than a ride, so I guess it's possible...we'll have to wait until October I guess.

prberk

What makes you think they do not already do that. Case in point....
Lights_of_winter_epcot-resized-600.jpg

That's exactly what I was saying. More incremental cost-cutting.

I just really feel that they should have the Country Bear Christmas Special. It fits perfectly and changes things up a little.

I also feel that a good Nashville talent that understands tradition and fun at the same time could help spruce up the show itself. I like the classic tunes (like Ole Sloughfoot a/k/a "Beartracks" and "Blood on the Saddle"), but it could also use a few different songs in a new show. Marty Stewart and Ricky Skaggs and Suzy Boggus could really put something together that is both classic and fun.

Paul

TravisMT81

From what I have heard, they are rebuilding some of the bears. And they will be editing (shortening) the show. So see it in the original form before it closes....

The Duck

I've always enjoyed the Bears but I hate the turn style in the lobby. I'm a bit larger than the average guest and I can't seem to get into the theater without being sodomized by the freakin' turn style! I hope that this is on the to-do list.

TalkingHead

From what I have heard, they are rebuilding some of the bears. And they will be editing (shortening) the show. So see it in the original form before it closes....

Shortening the show? Not a fan of the idea, but at least they're not replacing it. It's got some of the best adult humor in the MK. Hard to imagine kiddified MK debuting anything like it today.

COProgressFan

I've always enjoyed the Bears but I hate the turn style in the lobby. I'm a bit larger than the average guest and I can't seem to get into the theater without being sodomized by the freakin' turn style! I hope that this is on the to-do list.

Ha, ha....I'm thin and can't stand those old school turnstyles either!

wdwfan4ver

I happy to see the show refurbish. I am more concern about what are they editing because it could take away the charm of the show in terms of adult humor.

redsfan4life

I am just getting to see CBJ before the refurb My trip ends the 22nd . I also saw someone mention there being 2 stages never have seen 2 different rooms showing the show simotanusly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom