Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

TylerFG

Hi!
I work at the Magic Kingdom. Can't say exactly where, but it's really close to country bear jamboree. As far as I know, the bears are getting some new voices. Not exactly sure who's going to do the voices. I've heard a lot of big time country celebrities, like Taylor Swift and Larry the Cable Guy. If this is true, it'd make me happy. This show deserves some much needed love an attention.

*facepalm*

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Okay... most changes are minor. One is bigger. But nothing like whats been worrying this thread. Thats all I can say for now.

They are going to remove the gubbings and just have them like stuffed big game exhibits and guests get issued an I-Pod which is sinked to mouth movement projections and rap music.

Clever Name

Right. Well, I'm sure you can put that one right up there with the Hip-Hop overlay......
It's a shame too. Without some major musical upgrades, CBJ at WDW is traveling down the same road as Mr. Toad. At least we'll have it until the need for the next refurbishment in a few years.

The Empress Lilly

It's a shame too. Without some major musical upgrades, CBJ at WDW is traveling down the same road as Mr. Toad.
Why should that be? Bear dolls singing country tunes will never be hip and edgy.

CBJ is corny and old-fashioned - in just the right way. It benefits from tradition and quaintness more than from attempts to make it more 'relevant'. That way only madness lies, another 'CBJ under New Management' or 'Country Bears and YOUR Jamboree'.

ellie-badge

It's a shame too. Without some major musical upgrades, CBJ at WDW is traveling down the same road as Mr. Toad. At least we'll have it until the need for the next refurbishment in a few years.

Comparing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to Country Bear Jamboree is like comparing apples and oranges. They're totally different attractions and experiences. You are aware that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had (still has, in fact) a massive fan base and that it also had its own website to protest against its removal in the early days of the internet, right?

It should say a lot to us that while Mr. Toad has gone, the bears have stayed... especially after that godforsaken film from an eternity ago was released. There was a lot of talk on here way back in the day of the show shutting down because of it, but thankfully nobody remembers it anymore. :p

Clever Name

Comparing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride to Country Bear Jamboree is like comparing apples and oranges. They're totally different attractions and experiences. You are aware that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had (still has, in fact) a massive fan base and that it also had its own website to protest against its removal in the early days of the internet, right?

It should say a lot to us that while Mr. Toad has gone, the bears have stayed... especially after that godforsaken film from an eternity ago was released. There was a lot of talk on here way back in the day of the show shutting down because of it, but thankfully nobody remembers it anymore. :p
You're right. I have to agree that Mr. Toad was much more popular than CBJ. The bears have most likely stayed due to corporate nostalgia. CoP and Tiki Room have stayed for the same reason. It will be interesting to see which one goes first because as one is put down, the others will follow. I bet CoP will go first, Tiki Room second and CBJ will be the last to go. I always try to look on the bright side of these changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom