Country Bear Jamboree closing for lengthy refurbishment in August

The Empress Lilly

Photos or it didn't happen.
Sure, here you go.

WARNING NSFW FULL FRONTAL NUDITY:

fileuploadfailed%5B5%5D

Mr Bill

Uhh, it's clearly a reference to Nudie Suits, the rhinestone-covered suits designed by tailor Nudie Cohn and frequently worn by Gram Parsons.

Mainahman

If some dumb teenager is bored by it and would rather text or listen to Nicky Minaj then so be it, we don't care about those people at WDW. The bears are classic characters and classic songs and the 40+ years they have been there they are rooted in tradition and loved by many generations. The exact point of CBJ is that it is from a bygone era. In 1971 that was a bygone era too. That is the point.
How did you know my family? :) he he

pumpkin7

Word is that Liver Lips McGrowl is going to be cut just like Tiki's Offenbach.

Aww mannnnn, he's my fave!

Saying that I'd be upset if they cut any of the bears out. I've been listening to the show a lot lately, and I can point out lots of pointless parts that they could cut to save time. They don't need to cut any of the bears out at all. Unless it's for some PC reason which is just stupid.

Well I hope they are at least getting new fur and they've not just sent the current ones to the dry cleaners.

scottnj1966

Series of texts when I read this news...

Me: Sad news for me
Wife: What?!
Me: Country Bear Jamboree will be closed for refurbishment from August 22- October 18th :(
Wife: What are they doing to it? Making it not suck?

She's evil! We're going 9/29-10/6 :(

Sounds like my daughter!!! They just don't know what good entertainment is.

Weather_Lady

Didn't you know? Disney has purchased rights to "The Full Monty." In an effort to "update" the Country Bear Jamboree and as a precursor attraction to the still-in-development "Disney's-Yet-Another-Land-Based-On-Movies-We-Didn't-Make," the bears will now perform it. Keep an eye out for Hidden Mickeys nestled among the Bears', um, Necessities!

J.E.Smith

So if the bears' fur is removed, that means they're really working on the AAs then. I wonder if they'll give the bears yet another set of new fur like they did in the last refurb (Although that doesn't make sense since they just replaced them back then).

I still hope that don't remove any characters. If Liver Lips were removed like that post above mentioned, would they keep his curtains closed during the finale?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom