Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

That type of plan will work in a place like Hawaii where everyone is going to arrive by plane... but it is never going to work in Florida unless they set up roadblocks at every road into the state. It does however pretty much mean the same thing as the 14 day quarantine in Hawaii - "tourists stay out"... unless of course there are people out there that want to spend 2 weeks in a hotel room before doing anything else.
New Yorkers and others arrival in Florida also on Greyhound and Amtrak.

JohnD

Desantis says in his evening briefing that he will make an executive order tonight that anyone traveling to FL from a "hotspot" (like NY) will be under a mandatory 14 day quarantine/self isolation when they arrive here.

That’s easier to regulate with flights. I wonder how you enforce that on entry into the state from the Interstate highways and other roads.

Lilofan

No. They didn’t. Dems want $2,000 per adult and $1,000 per child. PER MONTH until this is all over. Reps want $1,000 per adult and $300 per child and reassess every 6 weeks plus billions to big corporations with nothing preventing them from giving bonuses to themselves or buying back their stocks.
Executives buying back stocks to increase the share stock price since millions of investors have been impacted with tremendous losses. One example is the Disney stock price has freefalled like a guest going down the Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. Iger and Chapek are under pressure to deliver to Disney stockholders.

21stamps

I wish things looked like that in my town...there are a little less people out than a typical Monday afternoon, but the difference is really only noticeable if you look for it.
My brother lives in an Apt. just to the left when you get off that bridge in Covington.
Glad to see people are taking it seriously unlike CA and DC.

I will say that the park & riverfront did have plenty of people. Not congregating though.. people walking, running, blading, or bike riding. There was a few people on the swing chairs.. but everyone was in a good distance from each other. That park needs to stay open. I didn’t see any reason why it wouldn’t. Individual or family exercise is not discouraged.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
“One form of exercise per day” “weddings banned” “places of worship ordered closed”

What??

This is unreal to see from a western country. Wow.
A lot of mainland Europe is more severe than this. Stuff just got very real.

And to be honest I’m glad. It was phrased well earlier today - “this isn’t a rehearsal. You have one chance of getting it right. Get it wrong and thousands will die. Not might. Will.“

Last week (a long long time ago) was the realisation that a do nothing or do minimal approach could cost a quarter of a million lives.

In the UK alone.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Executives buying back stocks to increase the share stock price since millions of investors have been impacted with tremendous losses. One example is the Disney stock price has freefalled like a guest going down the Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. Iger and Chapek are under pressure to deliver to Disney stockholders.
That’s fine and good. What people don’t want to see is a company take billions from a bailout and then turn around and buy shares back. The bailout money isn’t to help the stock price its to stabilize the company so it doesn’t go under leaving thousands more unemployed. A company like Disney who likely won’t receive a huge bailout is free to buy stock if they choose. If the airlines get a bailout they should not be allowed to used the money for stock buybacks.

21stamps

A lot of mainland Europe is more severe than this. Stuff just got very real.

And to be honest I’m glad. It was phrased well earlier today - “this isn’t a rehearsal. You have one chance of getting it right. Get it wrong and thousands will die. Not might. Will.“

Last week (a long long time ago) was the realisation that a do nothing or do minimal approach could cost a quarter of a million lives.

In the UK alone.

True, I guess it’s so shocking to see in writing.

JoeT63

That’s fine and good. What people don’t want to see is a company take billions from a bailout and then turn around and buy shares back. The bailout money isn’t to help the stock price its to stabilize the company so it doesn’t go under leaving thousands more unemployed. A company like Disney who likely won’t receive a huge bailout is free to buy stock if they choose. If the airlines get a bailout they should not be allowed to used the money for stock buybacks.

Yep yep yep. Plus, signing off on a half-trillion-dollar bailout for corporations...with no oversight...seems a tad tone-deaf right now. People are losing jobs and have right-now kitchen table problems. So the answer is dump more money into corporate coffers? Should I fry or bake my stock certificates? And how much salt?

thomas998

That’s easier to regulate with flights. I wonder how you enforce that on entry into the state from the Interstate highways and other roads.
Well the reality is a family from New York that wants to skirt the law would simply need to fly from New York to a connection city in a non-hotspot area and then when they arrive by plane no one knows where the really came from. This is one of those things that sounds nice but only works if everyone does what they should which never happens.

ImperfectPixie

Yea it's crazy and somewhat hypocritical. Does anyone remember on Capitol Hill when each CEO from I believe the Detroit Big 3 car companies or airline CEOs ( I'm getting old and so is my memory) but I surely recall when questioned under oath regarding getting bailouts, each CEO reluctantly admitted they each flew to Washington on their own corporate jet.😕
I don't have much compassion for big business or big banks or Wall Street.

thomas998

I'm feeling better today, my lungs hurt but more like "tired-hurt", not "burning-hurt". I think that's a good sign? ... Finally :)
How long did it take for it to progress from the when you first noticed it. I've been struck with a lingering cough that produces nothing for almost a week now, and only had a mild fever last night... so nothing exceedingly painful... I would get checked but where I'm at unless you are willing to go to a hospital it just isn't possible... So assumed I had it last Friday when the cough just got worse. Am now wondering how much longer until it gets really bad or it starts to get better. What was your timeline?

ImperfectPixie

How long did it take for it to progress from the when you first noticed it. I've been struck with a lingering cough that produces nothing for almost a week now, and only had a mild fever last night... so nothing exceedingly painful... I would get checked but where I'm at unless you are willing to go to a hospital it just isn't possible... So assumed I had it last Friday when the cough just got worse. Am now wondering how much longer until it gets really bad or it starts to get better. What was your timeline?
Please be careful...lingering non-productive cough also sounds like pneumonia (says the non-doctor mom of two who had it not too long ago)...you can't see your GP and ask them to check your oxygen sat level?

thomas998

Yep yep yep. Plus, signing off on a half-trillion-dollar bailout for corporations...with no oversight...seems a tad tone-deaf right now. People are losing jobs and have right-now kitchen table problems. So the answer is dump more money into corporate coffers? Should I fry or bake my stock certificates? And how much salt?
This would be a nice time for some senator with a spine to stand up and introduce a simple bill that sends money to the families and nothing else. Just to see which politicians really care about the little guy. They could also put up a bill for each and every industry they wanted to, but do it on its own so people could see if politicians cared about all industries or just the ones in their home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom