Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HongKongFooy

If people who live in FL think Florida is overcrowded, then they should think about it again. When families young or old lose pretty much everything during this time, next move - to the Sunshine State.

I'm not following you here??????

Why would people who have lost so much descend on the Sunshine State?

UNCgolf

And now this... maybe it will be open sooner than May.

I'm not sure this really matters. Basically all of the current closings, lockdowns, etc. are at the behest of state governors or local mayors. They don't have to change that just because the federal government changes their guidelines. Some of them might, but some won't.

Kamikaze

I had a bad - what I thought was a cold - back in early Jan. Mostly dry coughing...sometimes w/ slight wheezing. It lingered for weeks. I also had no aches and pains (as I always have w/ a cold, which I thought was odd) and no major fatigue. I work from home already, so I was able to continue working throughout. I also had some minor congestion.

Some time after I thought I beat it, I had off / on chills for no reason for about 2 weeks that I couldn't explain (this was now early Feb)

I completely loss my sense of smell during that time. I attributed it to what I thought was a cold.

Who knows what I had then? I bet this thing was around in the U.S. longer than just a few weeks ago.

It's funny you say that. I watched an interview with a Dr a few days back. I think on CNBC (not sure). Basically he shared a story of a lot of people going in with Flu like symptoms back in Nov/Dec. Fever, coughing, etc. He said that even though they had all the symptoms, they didn't test positive for the flu. He said he was at somewhat of a loss for an explanation. Prescribed some antibiotics and sent them on their way. I have a feeling this has been around a bit more than we think it has.

I've been fatigued and had something going on with my lungs since late November. Was told it was not pneumonia. And it wasn't the flu as I had none of the other flu symptoms. I've FINALLY started feeling much better in the last 8-10 days.

I saw a story where they were finding children with a ton of the symptoms in the Seattle area back in Nov/Dec as well. It wasn't the flu but they didn't know what it was.

Kamikaze

It won't be "okay we're back open". There needs to be hiring (re-hiring), training, etc, etc. - It's going to be a process.

Not exactly. In a lot of these cases, people are being furloughed, not fired. They don't need to be rehired, retrained, etc to take their same job back. Doesn't mean it won't be slow, though.

Businesses here are being forced to close if they are non-essential. So those employees can file for unemployment for however long this takes. They are counted as unemployed and as losing their jobs. But that doesn't mean they don't have a job to go back to when the all clear is given. No businesses should be doing actual firing or closing at this point since no one knows how much the govt is going to help.

ImperfectPixie

And now this... maybe it will be open sooner than May.

Guess that will come up as a topic for discussion or question from the press at this evening's COVID 19 news conference.
I doubt they go back to business as usual from the start. My guess is it will be a gradual loosening of the rules. I expect large gatherings will still be banned. Not surprised if only fast food places below a certain capacity will be allowed to open to begin with... and still don't see them allowing mass gatherings anytime soon.
I'm not sure this really matters. Basically all of the current closings, lockdowns, etc. are at the behest of state governors or local mayors. They don't have to change that just because the federal government changes their guidelines. Some of them might, but some won't.
I really hope the feds DON'T loosen the guidelines...because then people will demand that at the state and city level as well, and we're really just now starting to hunker down in earnest.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Colorado’s governor decided not to issue a stay-at-home order. Denver’s mayor just acted on his own.

Playgrounds will be shut down, as will be recreational marijuana shops, liquor stores and breweries. Grocery stores, public transit, child care and restaurants offering takeout and delivery are exempt.

Denver’s stay-at-home order will be in effect starting 5 p.m. on Tuesday and last until at least April 10.

Kamikaze

I really hope the feds DON'T loosen the guidelines...because then people will demand that at the state and city level as well, and we're really just now starting to hunker down in earnest.

I don't think it will really matter. Its only a question of time as to when people start openly defying the orders. A high portion of the population can't survive without income or government assistance for that long.

trainplane3

The entire UK is now in lockdown.

Do what you’re told or it’s coming to you all too.
We kinda need that over here. It's nice to see people out in the parks but it's defeating the whole point of staying away from everyone. This whole thing is crazy.

We had a massive call today with some people at my job. When asked if they'll follow what the president says versus the CDC, they'll be following CDC guidelines which seems like the right move to make.
Upgrade :p

Microsoft has been pushing everyone to Teams for years and Teams client has this feature. You should only be skype if your business uses on-premise skype or you're using personal not commercial skype :)
We used to be hosted externally but moved to on-prem somewhat recently. What a messy experience for me (and a few others that were dragged into it) due to forgetting to include a massively crucial app that ties into it. I was asking about that move for months prior to getting word about it. We haven't had issues since we did that move though. It's actually been more stable.

JohnD

Upgrade :p

Microsoft has been pushing everyone to Teams for years and Teams client has this feature. You should only be skype if your business uses on-premise skype or you're using personal not commercial skype :)

We're beginning to implement telework at my office and getting people set up with Remote Connect as well as Teams for conferencing.

thomas998

The reality of course is that in many states where the population density is low you were never going to have big problems to begin with. That is the reason the hardest hit areas are the ones with the densest populations. They probably could have done a lock down of only the major cities on the coasts to begin with an not even bothered with smaller towns cities across the midwest. But if they had done that the people in big cities would have screamed bloody murder, so we all got to share the pain of lockdowns because so many people live in urban anthills like NYC which are probably close in density to the cruise ships because of all the high rise housing.

ImperfectPixie

I don't think it will really matter. Its only a question of time as to when people start openly defying the orders. A high portion of the population can't survive without income or government assistance for that long.
I get that. I was referring to people who are just more demanding and entitled even when there isn't anything unusual going on. (Should have been more clear.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The reality of course is that in many states where the population density is low you were never going to have big problems to begin with. That is the reason the hardest hit areas are the ones with the densest populations. They probably could have done a lock down of only the major cities on the coasts to begin with an not even bothered with smaller towns cities across the midwest. But if they had done that the people in big cities would have screamed bloody murder, so we all got to share the pain of lockdowns because so many people live in urban anthills like NYC which are probably close in density to the cruise ships because of all the high rise housing.
All the lock downs are state or local. There is no federal lock down.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m a bit in shock at the moment. Not trying to hijack the thread but this is how serious things can become:

57278560-EEAB-4115-9B74-AF526284A568.png

flynnibus

Premium Member
We're beginning to implement telework at my office and getting people set up with Remote Connect as well as Teams for conferencing.

btw.. its not that good :). But microsoft pushes it on all their o365 customers due to the insanely tight integration between sharepoint, onedrive, exchange, AD, and teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom