Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCgolf

Banner Health officials are warning the general public after a man died and his wife was hospitalized in critical condition from self-medicating to treat coronavirus.

According to a press release from Banner Health, the product that the couple used was chloroquine, which is a malaria medication that they recommend to not be ingested or used to treat or prevent COVID-19.

The man and his wife, both in their 60s, became sick within 30 minutes of ingesting chloroquine phosophate, and experienced immediate effects requiring hospitalization. Chloroquine phosphate, is an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks.

There's a reason hydroxychloroquine is the drug most people have been discussing rather than chloroquine (and they don't have any evidence that it works yet). Chloroquine is toxic in very small amounts; I think taking one or two extra pills in a day at regular doses is enough to potentially kill you.

JoeCamel

From the slight cough until what seems to be the start of the recovery, the timeline was approx. :
Day 1 - slight cough
Day 2 - 3 : coughing little more but nothing crazy (no fever for me, but it seems to be more of an exception than the rule)
Day 4 - 5: Starts to hurt a bit in the lungs
Day 6 - 11: burning lungs, some very mild fever occasionally, sometimes nauseous due to exhaustion
Day 14: exhausted lungs, but it only slightly sligtly burns now.

Don't remember exactly the beginning, but yeah, it took its time..

I had no appetite for days, drank lots of water and napped most of the time. Took a few days to get my gut working again. All in all maybe a month til I felt well again and that was just this week.

JoeCamel

So far my kids are only extended until after Easter officially but I fear we will be in the same boat. When is the tipping point where they just cancel the year and say see you in September?
Many places they already have. Might ask them why they are hanging on?

DCBaker

Premium Member
"On its website, Disney promises to add on more time to its existing passholders’ accounts to make up for the days when the theme parks closed. However, when it comes to payments, people who make monthly installments on their annual plans will continue to be charged, it stated."

“We understand this is an uncertain time for many people and due to the changing nature of this situation, we continue to look at various impacts and how to best meet the needs of our guests,” Disney said in an email when asked to comment for this story.

fradz

I had no appetite for days, drank lots of water and napped most of the time. Took a few days to get my gut working again. All in all maybe a month til I felt well again and that was just this week.
ah, yes, how can I forget the digestive stuff too! The appetite was also touched, and the diarrhea paid its visit too. I've always drank a lot of water though, so that I didn't notice any change. Napping also a bit, but I just tried to sleep more since I don't have to commute

ImperfectPixie

"On its website, Disney promises to add on more time to its existing passholders’ accounts to make up for the days when the theme parks closed. However, when it comes to payments, people who make monthly installments on their annual plans will continue to be charged, it stated."

“We understand this is an uncertain time for many people and due to the changing nature of this situation, we continue to look at various impacts and how to best meet the needs of our guests,” Disney said in an email when asked to comment for this story.

Jebus...how about pausing the bill until they can actually use their pass again...you know...because the parks that bill pays to access are closed?!?

JoeCamel

Dude took a Plat pass on payments? I agree TWDC should pause or forgo missed payments but the original call by him was bad. Try not to live your life tied to payments if you are a gig worker. Or let him cancel and be done with it. He will come back when he can.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A little bit of humor mixed in:

21stamps

Jebus...how about pausing the bill until they can actually use their pass again...you know...because the parks that bill pays to access are closed?!?

Cedar Fair is not pausing their payment plans either. And before someone says the price difference, there’s a lot of people who add dining, drinks, photos, and season fast lane to their CF passes.. which brings the price to close to a WDW Platinum. I agree with both Disney and CF here. If you do a payment plan on a pass just pay it.. or if you absolutely can’t afford it then let it lapse, it’s a park pass, not a utility or mortgage.

ImperfectPixie

Cedar Fair is not pausing their payment plans either. And before someone says the price difference, there’s a lot of people who add dining, drinks, photos, and season fast lane to their CF passes.. which brings the price to close to a WDW Platinum. I agree with both Disney and CF here. If you do a payment plan on a pass just pay it.. or if you absolutely can’t afford it then let it lapse, it’s a park pass, not a utility or mortgage.
I would agree with that...BUT...Disney is already extending how long the pass is valid for based on how long the parks are closed for.

The Mom

Premium Member
In my line of work, I have clients throughout the United States and Canada. It's very interesting to see the differences in different regions of the country. Anecdotally, the South and Midwest are weeks behind the East and West coasts; I'll leave it at that.

Are you talking about how quickly they've been isolating, or about how many cases and deaths they've had. The coasts have had far more infections than flyover country.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think as long as they add time to the end or give you a credit back for the time the parks are closed it’s fine. The monthly payments are financing a purchase already made. Otherwise you would need to offer refunds to anyone who already paid upfront.

21stamps

I think as long as they add time to the end or give you a credit back for the time the parks are closed it’s fine. The monthly payments are financing a purchase already made. Otherwise you would need to offer refunds to anyone who already paid upfront.

Exactly. Things like that man’s gripe are just ridiculous imo. I saw the same type of comments when Cedar Fair made their announcement a few days ago. I feel like saying- ‘You financed a pass at 0%. Shut up already.‘ Sorry.lol

Patcheslee

So results 2nd report of our first day still going to work and DD11 doing Elearning: stuck to the 9am start time, school did YouTube with the principal and 2 staff members for morning announcements ❤. DD used her list of "Did I" questions we made to make sure she doesn't forget something. Assignments, teacher videos, and daily goals took about 4 hours of online access/work. No option to download and disconnect :confused:. Lunch with her at home: actually helped me de-stress and smile getting to hang midday.
20 minute daily reading was saved for last after snack and chores. Reading started at 2:30pm and after goal met let her know it was free time and she could finally turn the TV on. 3:45pm nose still in book, let her know again TV was okay. "One more chapter I promise" come 4:30 she finally put the book away.
Dinner done and I just got ditched watching Brave with her for: "I'm gonna go read"
Heaven help me Scholastic needs to hurry with shipping 🤣

21stamps

So results 2nd report of our first day still going to work and DD11 doing Elearning: stuck to the 9am start time, school did YouTube with the principal and 2 staff members for morning announcements ❤. DD used her list of "Did I" questions we made to make sure she doesn't forget something. Assignments, teacher videos, and daily goals took about 4 hours of online access/work. No option to download and disconnect :confused:. Lunch with her at home: actually helped me de-stress and smile getting to hang midday.
20 minute daily reading was saved for last after snack and chores. Reading started at 2:30pm and after goal met let her know it was free time and she could finally turn the TV on. 3:45pm nose still in book, let her know again TV was okay. "One more chapter I promise" come 4:30 she finally put the book away.
Dinner done and I just got ditched watching Brave with her for: "I'm gonna go read"
Heaven help me Scholastic needs to hurry with shipping 🤣

We still have a ton of work offline, but today was the first day of the whole class using Zoom. They were all so excited to see each other.

Teachers and principals are doing so great right now. I know it’s not easy on them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom