Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW862

Someone a few pages back posted that they had heard some 3rd party vendors were calling employees back starting next week. I think they said May 11. Could still be just to start prep work or training but an actual opening seems pretty close either way. I don’t know all the logistics of the parking at Disney Springs but I would assume employees of 3rd party vendors would be allowed in the CM parking area or do they park somewhere else?
They're typically allowed to go anywhere.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Uh. I guess being an ostrich is the way to go. Sorry for presenting anything that can stimulate critical thinking or cause questioning of wide ranging non supportable “factoids” being reported.

You think *we* on a Disney fan site are qualified to sift through media accounts and come up with the scientific reason why a whole bunch of antigen tests have a high amount of false positives?

To use "critical thinking" I would say we're not qualified.

If you have a source that is qualified as being part of the scientific mainstream, then you're qualified to quote that source.

This isn't the place for unfounded theories.

Touchdown

Folks, we are now almost 2 months into the pandemic, no one can claim they haven’t formed an opinion about this situation. You are not going to sway anyone’s opinion at this point, don’t believe a person coming in here spouting “facts” that appear to be lifted from Alex Jones and claim they want an honest discussion. That person is a troll, just please stop.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know. I work at DS, having a job is super important to me.
My bad, when you said August I thought you meant the whole resort.

With Florida opening restaurants and shopping at reduced capacity there‘s no reason not to open DS. It has the potential to draw a slightly larger crowd than the average mall but it’s mostly outdoors and pretty spread out. There’s only a few choke points that may be problematic but with proper signage it shouldn’t be an issue. Have they called you back to work yet?

electric

With Florida opening restaurants and shopping at reduced capacity there‘s no reason not to open DS. It has the potential to draw a slightly larger crowd than the average mall but it’s mostly outdoors and pretty spread out. There’s only a few choke points that may be problematic but with proper signage it shouldn’t be an issue. Have they called you back to work yet?
I'm sadly looking forward to the Tim Trackers of youtube going there already lol

WDW862

Nope. Actually I just got a seasonal job at a warehouse because I think it's gonna be a while. The parks closed while I was in the middle of training, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm one of the last ones who get called.

ImperfectPixie

Have you looked at this one article to determine the bias of the author. Knowingly or unknowingly ones personal bias effects and affects the things we say. Finding similar articles/posts determining the bias of the reporter and comparing the various similar reports could provide a clearer insight to that is what is reported. A single source does not mean the report is accurate. Some parts can be but the tone and slant(bias) effects/affects the reader perspective of the topic.
As a Historian (Ancient) I have found that the telling of supposed historical facts can be presented from different points of view based on the point of origin of the telling. US History as written here vs what is written in another country can be totally opposite. That is why a more forensic study needs to be done using multiple sources to determine where the breadcrumbs lead you.
Keep an open mind.
Now you're questioning the bias of a doctor who has actually worked in a hospital setting? REALLY?

ETA: Here's that doctor you think is so biased.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Someone a few pages back posted that they had heard some 3rd party vendors were calling employees back starting next week. I think they said May 11. Could still be just to start prep work or training but an actual opening seems pretty close either way. I don’t know all the logistics of the parking at Disney Springs but I would assume employees of 3rd party vendors would be allowed in the CM parking area or do they park somewhere else?
Yes operating participants park in Grapefruit (same as Disney CMs). Orange and Lime are for guests only.

corsairk09

I know. I work at DS, having a job is super important to me.
I worked in the service industry for a long time, and I have thought a lot about all of those people who lost their jobs right as tourist season was starting to ramp up. Whatever modified changes Disney brings, I hope all CMs can come back to work quickly and safely. Had my girls' first trip booked for Memorial Day weekend...... waiting on some word from Disney so I can reschedule. Starting to wonder if an announcement will come before then......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom