Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polynesia

My son who is the eternal optimist on Disney reopening said he can’t see them opening by June 1. He feels cast members would start to hear rumblings of something happening and it’s pretty quiet. Florida’s social distancing date is now June 22. Maybe they’ll wait for that. We did see rides running at Fun Spot today (with no guests) probably in preparation.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My son who is the eternal optimist on Disney reopening said he can’t see them opening by June 1. He feels cast members would start to hear rumblings of something happening and it’s pretty quiet. Florida’s social distancing date is now June 22. Maybe they’ll wait for that. We did see rides running at Fun Spot today (with no guests) probably in preparation.
What’s the social distancing date? When you can stop?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I am not addressing anyone in particular in this conversation, but I saw this article yesterday and found it presented some interesting info re COVID-19 vs flu

So, in other words, we don't know how many people die from the flu, because not everybody who dies with flu-like symptoms is tested for the flu... or there are other complications listed as cause of death.

Just like the Covid-19 situation.

I guess you can't run the country like a laboratory.

DisneyDebRob

...if humans are the advanced species we claim to be?...

Never.
Just another example.Some can’t keep distance and signs being ripped down.

Polynesia

What’s the social distancing date? When you can stop?
I don’t know when you can stop. It just says after June 22 you can relax social distancing while putting testing, contract tracing and isolation in place. I suspect the cases will be way down during the summer but it may ramp up again in the fall. No one knows for sure how this will play out in the future.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just another example.Some can’t keep distance and signs being ripped down.
As a local anecdote:

I work with a lot of state employees and Murphy laid a trap: they lifted the park ban and sent out spotters to watch the reactions from various departments...

Results were “not good”

Not just New Jersey either...

This kinda stupidity will weigh greatly on Disney’s decision making...
...the lawyers - at least

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know when you can stop. It just says after June 22 you can relax social distancing while putting testing, contract tracing and isolation in place. I suspect the cases will be way down during the summer but it may ramp up again in the fall. No one knows for sure how this will play out in the future.
The problem with that assumption is there is no coordinated effort to perform testing to adequate levels or contact tracing...not close.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The date based on the IMHE model. That makes sense. I thought you were talking about something specific to the FL plan. I think it’s a safe bet that Disney will want to play it more conservative than some more local attractions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will go first! I have no problem being out in the world right now. I will take that over 98% survival rate with this virus any day over whole ton of other things.
What part of the “world” are we talking about?

And I’m not fearful of “renormalizing” life. I’m fearful of idiots doing stupid things due to lack of education on the subject and
Screwing it up for the rest of us...

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

I will go first! I have no problem being out in the world right now. I will take that over 98% survival rate with this virus any day over whole ton of other things.
BFFCFB82-C09C-4047-B53F-F32852BF3EA1.jpeg

lilypgirl

What part of the “world” are we talking about?

And I’m not fearful of “renormalizing” life. I’m fearful of idiots doing stupid things due to lack of education on the subject and
Screwing is up for the rest of us...
I will gladly visit whatever is open. If my salon is open I will go , if Disney is open I will go etc. etc. I am not interested in breaking any laws.

ImperfectPixie

Is self quarantining mandatory? If not then no! I don't self quarantine every time I come back from a grocery visit which is at least times a week because we don't eat frozen or canned fruits and vegetables.
Well, I hope you realize that your bravado puts anyone who comes into contact with you at risk. Asymptomatic spread is possible for up to 14 days, so you could be infected right now and not even know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom