Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still doesn't mean we hide in our homes until there is a vaccine.
Let’s get out the door! How about in Manhattan or the Bronx?

You first...I’m right behind you 🤞🏻
Where, exactly, did I say that?
You said it with “invisible words”...people can’t fight without the faux offenses 😎
I am not addressing anyone in particular in this conversation, but I saw this article yesterday and found it presented some interesting info re COVID-19 vs flu

It’s still a bit shocking these nonsensical, debunked comparisons are still be peddled. Not the FLU....change the channel, people!
Well, we did have those two cranks recently who decided what the whole U.S. should do based on their anecdotal experience.

Tho, the difference here was this doc had their 'observation' printed in a respected scientific magazine.
Dr. Drew and Dr. Phil?
"it's end of the world as we know it and I feel fine"

That one? Ya, that has to be it, no?
No...The Great Beyond....

The Andy Kaufman song...about a wingnut who saw realities that weren’t there because his mind “told him so”

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sadly looking forward to the Tim Trackers of youtube going there already lol
Don‘t tell anyone...but me too ;)

My wife and I have been catching up on Tim Tracker videos. You can tell they're itching to get out of the house as they're not homebodies. They're stretching for content. I imagine they will be there day one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My wife and I have been catching up on Tim Tracker videos. You can tell they're itching to get out of the house as they're not homebodies. They're stretching for content. I imagine they will be there day one.
They are so out of whack...

I’m expecting him to show up in sunglasses and a civil war beard with an empty bottle of Jack in frame if this keeps up much longer.

(i’m Kidding...lighten up, Francis!)

Touchdown

Have any of you noticed that YouTube and Facebook are removing (censoring) post and videos my medical professionals? If their views challenge the sensational news reports claims.

Not all medical professionals have the same credentials. Your local doctor had about 3-4 months of courses in epidemiology and virology during their first two years in medical school and since then has focused on treating patients, which rarely involves those subjects even if they practice in specialties that treat those issues.

That might not seem true but here’s the truth, when you are treating a patient it doesn’t matter how they got the disease, they have it and now you need to “fix it” other then making sure you are wearing the proper PPE (so you don’t get it) and warning family members to be evaluated if they get similar symptoms.

Then you have people (some of whom are PhDs) who devote their entire life to studying Public health, epidemiology and virology, those are the experts you need to listen to, your community health care provider knows only enough to be dangerous, to use a military analogy, community doctors are 2nd lieutenants, the experts are generals. The Lieutenants May have a good idea of what’s happening on the front line but are too deep in the nitty gritty to give you a proper opinion on the overarching strategy and if it’s working.

Signed a person on the front lines who knows his opinion on this whole affair isn’t informed enough and thus defers to those experts.

Polynesia

Went past Disney Springs this morning and did see quite a few cars/vans in one of the parking areas. However, they looked more like construction workers as there were a lot of vans with ladders on their roofs. I didn’t really get a chance to slow way down and look as there was a VERY heavy presence of Orange County Sheriffs on Disney Springs property. I couldn’t really see if there’s anything going on or not.

Lilofan

Went past Disney Springs this morning and did see quite a few cars/vans in one of the parking areas. However, they looked more like construction workers as there were a lot of vans with ladders on their roofs. I didn’t really get a chance to slow way down and look as there was a VERY heavy presence of Orange County Sheriffs on Disney Springs property. I couldn’t really see if there’s anything going on or not.
OCS all at Disney Springs? Probably because they have nothing to patrol since all of their assigned areas ( parks and resorts ) at WDW are closed down.

Seanual757

well tomorrow Disney will announce the quarterly results and information on the re-opening plans we

Still nothing on our front for construction gearing up at WDW. Hopefully we will have a better idea tomorrow after the earnings call.

Polynesia

OCS all at Disney Springs? Probably because they have nothing to patrol since all of their assigned areas ( parks and resorts ) at WDW are closed down.
There were at least five OCS just on that part of the property. Maybe because people are snooping, like me, and they want to be sure they don’t get out of their cars and look around. Other parts of the property we saw Disney Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom