Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

SoCalDisneyLover

Hospitals in central Florida are filling up. AdventHealth, a major regional hospital system, has more COVID-19 patients than they have ever had. The hospitals have cancelled all non-emergency procedures due to capacity issues. People who have been vaccinated, who are in agonizing pain that will be relieved with surgery are stuck waiting in pain.
We're still on the way up for at least the next month. And then opening the schools without masks? I'm telling you, there is the potential for a staggering # of cases & deaths upcoming in FL. I really don't know what the end game is there.

smooch

My office is back to wearing masks in all common areas (not required but highly encouraged), but I work the front desk so I'm at a common area the whole day so I'm back to wearing my mask the entire work day. Very annoying but we've had a few positive cases over the last few weeks and another person awaiting test results, so I am fine wearing a mask to protect myself and others even being fully vaccinated, but it is annoying we're back in this position. As everyone has said things will get bad within the month, I'm curious if my 2 in person classes will get moved back to online with the rest of my other classes depending how things go.

I'm sad and tired of this all, we'll be at the 2 year mark before we know it and we'll still be in the thick of it. Maybe we'll even get to year 3 and still be where we are now. Wear a mask and get vaccinated, it's not that hard to do and if everyone complied we'd be in a much much better place. But I guess wine moms on Facebook and conspiracy theorists know more about viruses and the management of them than doctors who have studied viruses for years and dedicated their lives to learning about how to manage them in the case of an outbreak. People think they know so much more than they do because of the internet, everyone is perpetually correct in their mind and can't admit professionals know more about a topic than they do, cause they watched conspiracy videos on YouTube and think they're in on some global conspiracy and feel like geniuses because of it.

Okay rant over, I'm just done mentally / emotionally, I don't know how much longer I can take people extending the length of the pandemic with their own selfish / poor decisions who then complain the pandemic is still going on even though it's directly their fault while people have listened and stayed safe and followed the rules since the beginning have to now go back to stricter rules again while the people causing problems will just live like normal and cause more problems.

smooch

It has been pointed out time and time again on this thread that these types of people are not the mass cause of this uptick. Your anger is sourly misplaced.
Sure not this uptick in specific, but those choosing to remain unvaccinated are the reason we're still this far behind in managing the virus. And I know that there are many types of people who are choosing to remain unvaccinated, and if it's simply because of a medical condition or a genuine reason you can't get the vaccine then I understand, that's why we need everyone who is able to get the vaccine to get it. So sure the line about people on Facebook and conspiracy theorists isn't 100% accurate, though there are plenty of people I see online calling the vaccine the mark of the beast or talking about how the mRNA vaccine is going to cause major health problems. I'm just angry at anyone willingly refusing to get the shot. I'm mad at the people who aren't taking precautions to be safe (vaccinated or unvaccinated) that allowed this spike to happen. Quite frankly I'm mad at how selfish so many people are that when faced with a literal plague we had to and still have to argue about if you should inconvenience yourself by wearing a mask when you go out in public. So I apologize if you think my anger is misplaced, but with everything and everyone I have dealt with personally and have seen the trends across the country of how people have reacted to a global pandemic I am upset, and coming to work and having to revert back to stricter protocols because cases are going up just kind of reminded me that we really aren't out of the woods with this yet when we could have been so much closer to having this behind us. But apparently true freedom is not having to wear a mask to protect yourself or others in a global pandemic, dragging out the process of beating the virus and having a sense of normalcy. And this isn't directed at you or anything, I'm just explaining further.

truecoat

I wonder what some of these people will do when a whole host of mRNA vaccines come out for different things that can save your life.

Human trials include HIV, influenza, Zika and rabies.

Malaria, tuberculosis, hepatitis B and Cystic fibrosis are the next focus along with some kinds of cancer.

Last edited:

smooch

Rule #1 on a message board. If you don't want to discuss a topic, the smart move is not to click on link that discusses that topic.

I've just clicked on five other topics here before this one...not a single one mentioned Covid. So it's still possible to discuss other things.
Okay? This is the "Coronavirus Disneyland General Discussion" which means this thread is specifically to talk about covid. So why are you saying we shouldn't be talked about it in this thread?

EDIT: I misread this post and apologize, I agree with your post. I didn't want to delete my comment but wanted to clarify my mistake.

Last edited:

cmwade77

Question for anti maskers. Will you start a spreadsheet to keep track of places you won’t visit now that more and more are requiring masks again?
Nope, I will go in without a mask, if someone says something, I will turn around a leave, letting them know it is because they are requiring masks.

Simply not going doesn't inform the business as to why they are loosing customers and is pointless.

Although, it should be note I am not antimask, I am antimandates. For example, I don't think that anywhere should be allowed to require proof of vaccination for employment or for their customers, just as nowhere should be allowed to say you have to wear a mask. They can encourage, sure,maybe even offer a discount to those that do, but not refuse service to those that don't.

Tamandua

Nope, I will go in without a mask, if someone says something, I will turn around a leave, letting them know it is because they are requiring masks.

Simply not going doesn't inform the business as to why they are loosing customers and is pointless.
I went in to dominos tonight to pick up some pizzas. I wondered if they'd hassle me about not having a mask. As I was entering, I saw a maskless employee approaching. I held the door for him. No one cared about being maskless. I gotta go back there more often.

cmwade77

I went in to dominos tonight to pick up some pizzas. I wondered if they'd hassle me about not having a mask. As I was entering, I saw a maskless employee approaching. I held the door for him. No one cared about being maskless. I gotta go back there more often.
Exactly, if we vote with our wallets, businesses will take heed.

BuddyThomas

Although, it should be note I am not antimask, I am antimandates. For example, I don't think that anywhere should be allowed to require proof of vaccination for employment or for their customers, just as nowhere should be allowed to say you have to wear a mask. They can encourage, sure,maybe even offer a discount to those that do, but not refuse service to those that don't.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fctiger

And we wonder why we are still in the mess we're in. :rolleyes:

Do you say the same thing when you're asked for proof of your car insurance by a cop? Many places that is a 'mandate' to have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom