Construction between Contemporary and TTC

doctornick

I’m confused why they wasted so much time on Reflections if they actually wanted this developed instead. What changed?
It could be that they got poor feedback from whatever surveys/focus groups they did.

Also maybe they got a lot of feedback from Rivera saying that being on a transportation line really drives DVC sales; hence considering projects at Grand Floridian and maybe this site.

Jdn0018

Yes those are all things that changed, but I meant with these two resorts.
That is my point... the difference between the two resorts could well be the vision of Chapek versus Iger or the new operations plans and goals as TWDC comes out of the pandemic. Everything that has bearing on this type of decision has changed since 2019.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, weren't there some height test balloons on that site a few years ago? Like maybe around 5 years +/-?

I'm not a geotechnical engineer and I don't live/work in FL, but I've seen developers build on all kinds of stuff...even over sink holes. Maybe the cost of building in the past wasn't where they wanted it to be, but I have a hard time believing that they COULDN'T build on it if they wanted to. With proper geotechnical exploration and a properly engineered foundation/pile system, you can build on just about anything.
The simple fact that nothing has been built on what could be considered the most desirable undeveloped tract of land in all of WDW should tell us all we need to know...it is just too costly or not currently possible to do so. That of course might change in time.

SpaceMountain77

I started visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in the early 1980s. For me, the monorail resorts have been and continue to be iconic and quintessential WDW.

While I am not opposed to a fourth monorail resort, I fear the design and execution. The Vegas-style tower at Coronado Springs, Marriott with the mansard roof, and concept art for Staybridge Suites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground are evidence enough that nothing awe inspiring would grace this space.

Splashin' Ryan

Maybe whatever is happening here will be the big announcement at Destination D this fall?

I'm not saying there will be a big announcement but other than the opening dates for GotGR or Tron or more information on smaller Epcot stuff I don't feel like there's much to announce or create hype around.

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe whatever is happening here will be the big announcement at Destination D this fall?

I'm not saying there will be a big announcement but other than the opening dates for GotGR or Tron or more information on smaller Epcot stuff I don't feel like there's much to announce or create hype around.
Galactic StarCruiser.

SteamboatJoe

They need to abandon Reflections. Turn that area into “super premium water front” campsites. Putting Reflections where they were going to was going to completely ruin the peaceful feel of the Fort.

With this leadership, can we even assume that the campground is safe? Its a huge piece of real estate. It could easily fit a 5th gate if they ever actually wanted one and/or multiple resorts.

castlecake2.0

With this leadership, can we even assume that the campground is safe? Its a huge piece of real estate. It could easily fit a 5th gate if they ever actually wanted one and/or multiple resorts.
I don’t know exact numbers but I feel campground probably makes good money for not a lot of physical structure upkeep. If they did want that area for something else I could see a new campsite being built elsewhere, like on the land that was bought recently east of shades of green.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom