Construction between Contemporary and TTC

Robbiem

I hope disney goes for a different theme if they build a hotel here, there are quite a few Venetian/Italian themed themed places already in Vegas, Macau, Universal, TDR etc.

What I’d love to see is a take on a really stylish Japanese resort as a reworked version of the Asian hotel. Something like Himeji castle or Kurashiki with Japanese garden landscaping would be an amazing and different hotel at WDW and give Disney a good shot at that 5 star rating

Attachments

• D9BAB9BB-623F-4491-B3C3-C33A7520197C.jpeg
    D9BAB9BB-623F-4491-B3C3-C33A7520197C.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 52
  • B72674ED-1B88-402A-8C24-E87601FFD0F2.jpeg
    B72674ED-1B88-402A-8C24-E87601FFD0F2.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 55
  • D1C2337F-DB39-45B6-852A-13291E345D09.jpeg
    D1C2337F-DB39-45B6-852A-13291E345D09.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 48

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t know exact numbers but I feel campground probably makes good money for not a lot of physical structure upkeep. If they did want that area for something else I could see a new campsite being built elsewhere, like on the land that was bought recently east of shades of green.

East of SoG ? That's literally the Poly.

DVCakaCarlF

I wonder if they have been “holding out,” if you will, for the optimum theme or design? Like they haven’t come across anything yet that really drives the new flag ship resort?

There’s no doubt covid crushed their business, and, like everyone else, freaked out, shut down, and is nervous to come back out.

I have no insider tips, but I doubt the geo coring is taking place so soon. Those reports are good for a length of time, and I can’t see them spending money on that again…it’s not like the earth has changed since the last one. If so, then they are clearing considering a new design that has a different layout, foundations, etc.

I’m betting Chapek wants this “legacy” with a resort iconic to his tenure. Iger had Shanghai, Eisner had his era, and now Chapek is going to save the remodel of SSE and built the Venetian resort (“Suck it, Josh” - Chapek whispers).

GimpYancIent

Everyone is thinking resort, well, what if in order to meet energy needs (WDW consumes quite a bit) in an environmentally responsible manner w / out another solar farm or some wind farm a geothermal facility is possible? Get the power somehow and why not own the source to boot?

GimpYancIent

They aren't going to give up a prime resort location for a solar farm.
Definitely not solar. I was talking geothermal, big difference. But a resort definitely overrides everything else. It is an excellent location for an exclusive, true Deluxe resort properly themed and appointed. Otherwise just throw in (as another poster stated) some awesome put put golf courses and call it a day.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Everyone is thinking resort, well, what if in order to meet energy needs (WDW consumes quite a bit) in an environmentally responsible manner w / out another solar farm or some wind farm a geothermal facility is possible? Get the power somehow and why not own the source to boot?

Geothermal is highly doubtful given the placement of the property in relationship to the nearest edge of the North American tectonic plate. Its 1,679 miles to the closest active volcano and 949 to the closest hot spring (>50C). Solar capture either by voltaic or a thermal medium (not too effective for electricity) would be the most efficient.

GimpYancIent

Geothermal is highly doubtful given the placement of the property in relationship to the nearest edge of the North American tectonic plate. Its 1,679 miles to the closest active volcano and 949 to the closest hot spring (>50C). Solar capture either by voltaic or a thermal medium (not too effective for electricity) would be the most efficient.
True. Oh, well back to speculating about resorts.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom