Construction between Contemporary and TTC

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If I had to guess as to what they are doing I'd think they are storing dirt there from the fort wilderness DVC expansion. Doing this obviously stores the dirt but it also helps compress the ground in preparation for future projects. We saw this process happen with the StarWars themed hotel project. Since there's no reported permits, I can't imagine this is anything more than that.
There's no pictures of dirt piling up anywhere on that site that I know of. The Wilderness project had its own dirt piling location elsewhere.

doctornick

An Iranian Resort? Yeah I don’t think Bob is touching that with a 10ft pole.

No, but if they wanted to do something in that region, I could totally see an Egyptian themed one.

Edit: honestly, though I probably prefer a SE Asian one like the one originally planned for the Grand Flo site. Would totally be able to have a Raya themed dining experience. Or honestly I think an Indian/Taj Mahal concept would would great for a more fancy/exclusive resort.

1625455339710.jpeg

Heppenheimer

Since we're throwing out blue sky wishes on what we'd want to do with that piece of ground... Personally, I would love to see an Alpine-style grand chalet hotel. There's so many great examples to offer inspiration, and it could provide a nice transitional theme from the Wilderness Lodge towards the Magic Kingdom. From wooden and rustic to wooden and a bit closer to Disney's traditional fantasy style. Even the A-frame design could mimic the iconic look of the Contemporary.
lech am arlberg 009.JPG

1625486575997.png

But... after seeing the Riviera/Airport Marriot Resort, I don't trust the current leadership to do the theme justice.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Since we're throwing out blue sky wishes on what we'd want to do with that piece of ground... Personally, I would love to see an Alpine-style grand chalet hotel. There's so many great examples to offer inspiration, and it could provide a nice transitional theme from the Wilderness Lodge towards the Magic Kingdom. From wooden and rustic to wooden and a bit closer to Disney's traditional fantasy style. Even the A-frame design could mimic the iconic look of the Contemporary.View attachment 569411

View attachment 569412

But... after seeing the Riviera/Airport Marriot Resort, I don't trust the current leadership to do the theme justice.
If they are building a resort here, this really is their chance to make it or break it in regards to showing us they can still create a classic Disney resort.

The rumours seem to point to this being an ultra luxury resort and I’m not sure the alpine theme would work for that even though I love that idea. I’m picturing more Mediterranean or Asian inspired. And hopefully NO towers.

GimpYancIent

If they are building a resort here, this really is their chance to make it or break it in regards to showing us they can still create a classic Disney resort.

The rumours seem to point to this being an ultra luxury resort and I’m not sure the alpine theme would work for that even though I love that idea. I’m picturing more Mediterranean or Asian inspired. And hopefully NO towers.
I believe Disney owns the Atlantean IP;
1625490159631.png

GimpYancIent

Well, that spot is well suited to a resort evoking Venice, complete with seasonal flooding and canals between buildings...
Exactly! If you want to go exclusive and authentic, Go Big! Be as accurate to the original as possible and that location screams Venice. Well, not exactly scream but at least a moderate voice saying Disney Deluxe Resort replicating the elegance of Venice. With enough faux marble statues, canals and some gondola water taxi's I can see it.

Heppenheimer

Even though I don't realistically see a chalet hotel ever being a consideration, much less well executed, I disagree that the concept isn't amenable to a luxury hotel. Some of the fanciest, most gorgeous hotels I've ever stayed in were in the Alps. Most have amazing restaurants that would put all but a handful of Disney-operated eateries to shame, plus indoor and outdoor heated pools and a wellness spa. Maybe it looks rustic from a North American perspective, but this style of deluxe class hotel has been a feature of the European Grand Tour since Grand Tours began.

castlecake2.0

Even though I don't realistically see a chalet hotel ever being a consideration, much less well executed, I disagree that the concept isn't amenable to a luxury hotel. Some of the fanciest, most gorgeous hotels I've ever stayed in were in the Alps. Most have amazing restaurants that would put all but a handful of Disney-operated eateries to shame, plus indoor and outdoor heated pools and a wellness spa. Maybe it looks rustic from a North American perspective, but this style of deluxe class hotel has been a feature of the European Grand Tour since Grand Tours began.
I’m sure they’re great resorts, I’m just picturing it looking like fantasyland and not really my taste if I was looking for high end. That’d be a cool concept if they ever incorporate hotels into world showcase with its own private entrance into Germany!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom