Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

PartOfYourWorld

Ugh I know, Disney haters are the worst! I've heard it all, trust me you get a lot more rude comments from people when you are an adult getting married in WDW. They just don't understand and/or don't think they are being rude. I've learned to smile and nod and commence my eye rolling sequence on the inside :hammer:

I can imagine, I'm 22 and have gotten asked "You're going to Disney World again??" "Why?" "Aren't you too old?"....never too old for Disney!!!!

Hooray for having everything shipped :sohappy: And that's awesome that everything will be handled smoothly on your wedding day! Hope you have an awesome and relaxing week! And enjoy that pedicure!!!! You will definitely relax with one of those!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Saw your tweet so I figured I'd drop by and comment!

I hope these next few days go so smoothly for you. Glad to hear that everything was shipped! Now you can just sit back and keep counting the days til you get on that plane, fly down, and enjoy a wonderful wedding! It's been awesome following along! :D

P.S. Ooh Kingdom Hearts! I STILL haven't beaten that game but I love going back to play it.

Thanks Erin :D I would love to relax but now I'm finding myself worrying about everything. Will people be on time for the transportation? What happens if someone is late? What if my dress gets ripped or stained? AHHHHHH!! I need to cool it because deep down I know everything will go off without a hitch. It's just hard because we've put so much effort (and money) into this and I want everyone to have a magical time.

Girlfriend you need to play Kingdom Hearts! It's my most favorite video game series ever! I actually had never played Final Fantasy but after playing Kingdom Hearts I started playing Final Fantasy from the very first one. I'm on 9 now but I did skip a bit ahead and I played 13 when it came out. It's not like they have a storyline you need to follow anyway, they're all different.

Speaking from experience, you will be amazed at how well your wedding is handled. The wedding planner is with you the entire day and will shepherd you through everything. I have been to many wedding where the Bride and Groom are flustered, uptight about everything and on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Not at our wedding, having the wedding planner took such a load off, we actually enjoyed our wedding. In fact, the wife and I often say that our wedding is the best wedding we have ever been to and all those who attended say the same thing.

They will handle everything, no need to stress out about anything. We had two minor issues at our wedding, the AC was to low and one of our guess got the wrong meal. Our wedding planner caught the wrong meal on her own and took care of it. We had to ask her for the AC to be lowered, which it was. She then constantly made sure that the temp was right by asking. I know these are two small things, but she really want to make sure we had a magical day.

I can't wait for your after action report. See how your experience comes out. I'm betting on great. Also still hope to run into you guys down there. So we can congratulate you on the whole thing.

I think it's really important to have a wedding planner at your wedding so they can handle problems and move things along. I wouldn't know what to do without her! I am SO glad to hear that your wedding was handled so well :) I think I need to stop worrying about stuff and just enjoy this time! I can't believe in just one week I'll be packing for our trip :sohappy:

We're trying to decide if we want to go to MNSSHP on 9/30 but we're on the fence because we want to do Food & Wine too. I think we might skip MNSSHP this year and just do Food & Wine Fri, Sat, and Sun in the evenings at least so that would be the best time to meet up. We will also be at the Touring Plans Meet 2:30PM Sun 10/2 (location TBD). We do hope to see you, you've been SO helpful during our planning process!!

Hope you enjoy the peducure! It is an amazing experience, especially when you're stressed. You will love it! I'm getting so excited for you!

Thank you so much! I'm not sure how I feel about a stranger touching my feet but I'll let you know :hammer: I want to see if they can do a simple Mickey icon design on my big toe. That would be perfect for the wedding!!!

I can imagine, I'm 22 and have gotten asked "You're going to Disney World again??" "Why?" "Aren't you too old?"....never too old for Disney!!!!

Hooray for having everything shipped :sohappy: And that's awesome that everything will be handled smoothly on your wedding day! Hope you have an awesome and relaxing week! And enjoy that pedicure!!!! You will definitely relax with one of those!

Oh I know, people can be so weird about adult Disney fans. That's why I like Peter Pan (and why Jason proposed to me on PPF)...we wish we would never grow up! Off to Neverland! Keeping childhood in your heart is very important and is a great stress release. The instant I walk down Main Street I feel like I'm a kid again :sohappy:

Funny thing about the shipping....they just delivered one of the boxes we had shipped yesterday but to our house! I had left an old label on it so I think they got confused as to the destination. Oh well, a small hiccup. We can take it back there and explain what happened and I'm sure they'll take it back and ship it with no extra charge. I usually cross out old labels on boxes, not sure what I was thinking!

I just checked the tracking for the box we had shipped to Carolyn Allen's and it's out for delivery in Orlando! At least I know my wedding dress is safe :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

Girlfriend you need to play Kingdom Hearts! It's my most favorite video game series ever! I actually had never played Final Fantasy but after playing Kingdom Hearts I started playing Final Fantasy from the very first one. I'm on 9 now but I did skip a bit ahead and I played 13 when it came out. It's not like they have a storyline you need to follow anyway, they're all different.

LOVE Final Fantasy! X-2 is my favorite one (I'm such a girl :lol:) My husband is way into that series too.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Weight Gain :(

You would think that after losing 70 lbs I would have this weight loss thing down. Wrong! It only gets harder because your body begins to push back so you have to eat less and exercise more to lose more weight. It can be pretty discouraging. I've been doing ok with maintaining my weight but after Canada I guess I went a little nuts. I've gained 8lbs :cry: But today is a new day. I got back to Wii Fit and did my 30 minute jog this morning. God (and Walt) please give me the strength to go back to eating normally so I can maybe lose 5lbs this week? Thanks!

Maybe looking at my weight loss progress pictures will help me...

FirstDigitalPicture.jpg

2009 - 20 lbs lost

PhotoPass_MickeyMinnie.jpg

2010 - 55 lbs lost

DSCN0283.jpg

2011 - 70 lbs lost

DSCN0524.jpg

I went from a size 20 to a size 12. Now my size 12's are tight so I've been wearing my 14's. I've got to fit into my wedding dress!!! I'm going back to the South Beach Diet this week, I had great success on that diet. I'm also going back to recording my food and exercise over at DailyBurn.com. Sigh, wish me luck!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Carolyn Allen's A+++++++

Carolyn Allen's called me yesterday to let me know my box arrived!! They verified all my info and told me that all I have to do is call them after I check in to the hotel and give them my room number. I told them that I would meet them in the lobby. This was actually the first time I spoke to anyone, we have been dealing through email until now. I also prepaid using the form on their website which was incredibly quick and easy. I have been very pleased with their service and I have never once read anything negative about them.

Here's what I paid (plus tax):

Bridal Dress Steaming - $85
Bridal Dress Storage & Delivery - $15
Extra garments (Dad's suit, Mom's Dress, Grandma's Dress) Steaming - $20 each
Extra garment storage & delivery - $8 each
UPS Shipping - $50

It's worth every penny :) They offer a cleaning and preservation service as a package after the wedding and they will ship the dress home for you. I'm not doing all that since I'm going to sell the dress so we're planning to ship it home ourselves. I highly recommend them, they get an A++++++++++

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Men's Wearhouse A-

The only reason I'm giving Men's Wearhouse an A- is because the store up here did not help us at all with information about a Disney wedding. I actually got the info from the Inside Disney Weddings podcast, and my good twitter and forums friend Jackie :)

The Men's Wearhouse in Towson, MD originally had our tuxes being shipped to the Kissimmee store which apparently is 3 hours away. They also told us there was no delivery and we would have to pick up the tuxes. Pff. When we got the email address for the Disney weddings specific contact at Men's Wearhouse in Orlando (thanks again Jackie!), they straightened everything out for us and answered all of our questions. My suggestion to all Disney grooms is to contact them first, then go to a store in your area for a fitting. We actually ran into a problem because of all of this, we should have arrived on Friday and not Saturday because they would have been able to come out to our resort and do a proper fitting on Friday. Instead, they are just delivering the tuxes to our resort so they will be there upon checkin. We are having everyone try everything on and if anything needs to be changed, we have to drive out to the store ourselves on Monday. Let's hope we don't have to drive out there! They are also going to pick up the tuxes after the wedding. All we have to do is leave them at the bell stand! I highly recommend them, they will take care of you :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You did wonderful! This is just a little bump in the road. You will get there with plenty of time to spare. GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you :) That was a LOT of hard work. I don't think an 8lb gain is too bad, the dress should still fit up to a 12lb gain according to my sources. I just have too many weaknesses - fast food, sweets, snacks, etc. Plus ever since I started working from home 100% it has been harder because I'm not walking anywhere. My longest commute is from my upstairs bedroom to my office downstairs :D Sometimes the kittens cause a traffic jam but it's ok, I love them :hammer:

TomHendricks

We used Men's Warehouse for our wedding as well and was simply the easiest way to do it. Went to the locale Men's Warehouse and got our fitting done, they shipped it to the Men's Warehouse in Orlando and it was deliver to the Yacht Club when we arrived. We had no problems what so ever, in fact it was they that told us about the service. We thought we would be packing our Tuxes like everything else. On a side note, Men's Warehouse is a great place to shop, especially when they have their sales. Could not agree with you more!

The only reason I'm giving Men's Wearhouse an A- is because the store up here did not help us at all with information about a Disney wedding. I actually got the info from the Inside Disney Weddings podcast, and my good twitter and forums friend Jackie :)

The Men's Wearhouse in Towson, MD originally had our tuxes being shipped to the Kissimmee store which apparently is 3 hours away. They also told us there was no delivery and we would have to pick up the tuxes. Pff. When we got the email address for the Disney weddings specific contact at Men's Wearhouse in Orlando (thanks again Jackie!), they straightened everything out for us and answered all of our questions. My suggestion to all Disney grooms is to contact them first, then go to a store in your area for a fitting. We actually ran into a problem because of all of this, we should have arrived on Friday and not Saturday because they would have been able to come out to our resort and do a proper fitting on Friday. Instead, they are just delivering the tuxes to our resort so they will be there upon checkin. We are having everyone try everything on and if anything needs to be changed, we have to drive out to the store ourselves on Monday. Let's hope we don't have to drive out there! They are also going to pick up the tuxes after the wedding. All we have to do is leave them at the bell stand! I highly recommend them, they will take care of you :sohappy:

BrittanyRose428

About your weight loss, thats awesome that you've been able to lose 70 lbs! I know exactly how you feel because I'm the same way, I've lost 40 lbs total, but I still fluctuate between sizes all the time now :hammer: You're going to look great in your wedding dress, so excited for you!

PartOfYourWorld

Oh I know, people can be so weird about adult Disney fans. That's why I like Peter Pan (and why Jason proposed to me on PPF)...we wish we would never grow up! Off to Neverland! Keeping childhood in your heart is very important and is a great stress release. The instant I walk down Main Street I feel like I'm a kid again :sohappy:

Funny thing about the shipping....they just delivered one of the boxes we had shipped yesterday but to our house! I had left an old label on it so I think they got confused as to the destination. Oh well, a small hiccup. We can take it back there and explain what happened and I'm sure they'll take it back and ship it with no extra charge. I usually cross out old labels on boxes, not sure what I was thinking!

I just checked the tracking for the box we had shipped to Carolyn Allen's and it's out for delivery in Orlando! At least I know my wedding dress is safe :sohappy:

I feel the same way on Main Street, brings me back to being a little girl walking up Main Street. Just takes you away from reality and always leaves me with a wonderstruck feeling, all the time.

The shipping is only a minor thing which is good! Things could have been alot worse! At least it came back earlier rather than later so there is still enough time to ship it back!

Glad to hear your wedding dress arrived! And I have faith in you that you can lose 5 lbs this week!! :sohappy:

And one week to go for you!!!!!

Ravenclaw87

Yayyy I'm glad I could help you with MW! Yeah, our MW was pretty clueless too--- speaking of which, I need to call the Orlando store sometime soon and give them our group number. That would be helpful, huh? :ROFLOL:

YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!! eeeeee I am so excited and I can't wait for pictures!

And WOW 70lbs is so much weight! Good for you! I've actually gained some weight, and I'm not too happy about it. :( But oh well, I'm in grad school and I'm a stress eater. (At least I realize this, right?)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We used Men's Warehouse for our wedding as well and was simply the easiest way to do it. Went to the locale Men's Warehouse and got our fitting done, they shipped it to the Men's Warehouse in Orlando and it was deliver to the Yacht Club when we arrived. We had no problems what so ever, in fact it was they that told us about the service. We thought we would be packing our Tuxes like everything else. On a side note, Men's Warehouse is a great place to shop, especially when they have their sales. Could not agree with you more!

The minute we spoke to the Disney Weddings coordinator at the Men's Wearhouse, I knew she would get the job done. She anticipated our questions and answered them before we even asked, that's how good she is! We got an email last week notifying us that our local store had shipped the tuxes down to Orlando and I'm sure they'll send another one when they have delivered them to the Grand Floridian. They make it very easy for us :sohappy:

About your weight loss, thats awesome that you've been able to lose 70 lbs! I know exactly how you feel because I'm the same way, I've lost 40 lbs total, but I still fluctuate between sizes all the time now :hammer: You're going to look great in your wedding dress, so excited for you!

Thank you so much :) It's SO hard to lose weight and then to keep it off you still need to diet. I hate getting older, I miss the days when I could eat McDonald's every day and I was still the same weight the next day. I'm sure the dress will fit but this week I need to put in some hard work to lose these last few pesky lbs. I was not good over the weekend, I ate a big slice of pizza...among other things :( I know what works and what doesn't but the will power just hasn't been there these past few weeks because I've been so unbelievably stressed out. I hope now that everything is done, I can just concentrate on work this week and work out every day.

I feel the same way on Main Street, brings me back to being a little girl walking up Main Street. Just takes you away from reality and always leaves me with a wonderstruck feeling, all the time.

The shipping is only a minor thing which is good! Things could have been alot worse! At least it came back earlier rather than later so there is still enough time to ship it back!

Glad to hear your wedding dress arrived! And I have faith in you that you can lose 5 lbs this week!! :sohappy:

And one week to go for you!!!!!

I cannot wait to walk down an empty Main Street for our bridal portrait sessions on 9/30. Especially because it will be all decked out for Halloween so the pictures will be that much cuter :) I love Halloween in the Magic Kingdom, all the pumpkin carvings are really creative and different.

I'm doing well so far today with the weight loss. I jogged 4 miles this morning and I went out and bought another bottle of my trusty Alli. I've actually lost 10lbs in 1 week before by doing South Beach + Alli + exercise every day. That's my plan for this week and I just need to stick to it!! No more stress eating!!

Yayyy I'm glad I could help you with MW! Yeah, our MW was pretty clueless too--- speaking of which, I need to call the Orlando store sometime soon and give them our group number. That would be helpful, huh? :ROFLOL:

YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!! eeeeee I am so excited and I can't wait for pictures!

And WOW 70lbs is so much weight! Good for you! I've actually gained some weight, and I'm not too happy about it. :( But oh well, I'm in grad school and I'm a stress eater. (At least I realize this, right?)

Yeah I really wish we had gotten the tuxes taken care of earlier in our planning. Like when I went to buy my wedding dress. We ended up waiting to get the ball rolling until May and we really should have gotten the Disney Wedding info either before the appointment or right after. We didn't get that info until August!! Because of that, we're not having a proper final fitting at the Grand Floridian. Oh well, I just have to hope and pray that everyone's tuxes fit and no alterations need to be made. Fingers crossed!

I'm a stress eater too and it's horrible. I can literally sit and eat half a bag of chips without caring. But then I care the next day when I step on the scale. I think there's something in my mind that hopes and prays that if I exercise enough, the weight will come off. But I know better than anyone else that it's not about calories. It's about what you're eating. I can eat 3000 calories if I don't eat too many carbs and still lose weight. If I do a low fat diet, it's usually 1800 calories with 70% of those calories coming from carbs. It's all about science really but when you're stressed, science goes out the window :hammer: I wish I was one of those people who lose their appetite when they're stressed!

6 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE!!! It is going to be SO hard to concentrate on work this week but I'm sure I'll muddle through :D

BrittanyRose428

Thank you so much :) It's SO hard to lose weight and then to keep it off you still need to diet. I hate getting older, I miss the days when I could eat McDonald's every day and I was still the same weight the next day. I'm sure the dress will fit but this week I need to put in some hard work to lose these last few pesky lbs. I was not good over the weekend, I ate a big slice of pizza...among other things :( I know what works and what doesn't but the will power just hasn't been there these past few weeks because I've been so unbelievably stressed out. I hope now that everything is done, I can just concentrate on work this week and work out every day.
I'm sure you'll do fine! I agree though, the more you stress the more you eat its a horrible cycle, plus its harder to eat healthy when you're rushing around doing all kinds of important things like planning a wedding :p

PartOfYourWorld

I cannot wait to walk down an empty Main Street for our bridal portrait sessions on 9/30. Especially because it will be all decked out for Halloween so the pictures will be that much cuter :) I love Halloween in the Magic Kingdom, all the pumpkin carvings are really creative and different.

I'm doing well so far today with the weight loss. I jogged 4 miles this morning and I went out and bought another bottle of my trusty Alli. I've actually lost 10lbs in 1 week before by doing South Beach + Alli + exercise every day. That's my plan for this week and I just need to stick to it!! No more stress eating!!

That is definitely going to be a treat! Because it will be really early and no one there!!! I can't wait to see how those pictures come out! I will be thinking of you that morning when I walk down Main Street because me and my mom have early ADR's at Crystal Palace! :)

Awesome!!!! Keep it up!!! :D Only 6 more days now right??? Well, it will be five come tomorrow :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm sure you'll do fine! I agree though, the more you stress the more you eat its a horrible cycle, plus its harder to eat healthy when you're rushing around doing all kinds of important things like planning a wedding :p

Well I think my body is in shock today because I jogged 4 miles yesterday and ate everything on my plan and my weight did not budge today. Sigh, why is it SO difficult? I'm hoping to see a big loss tomorrow.

Ya'll might think I'm totally nutz but I actually ordered a travel sized scale from Amazon.com last night for $20. I figure it will help during the trip to check in and make sure I'm where I need to be. I just feel like I spent so much money on portraits and videography that I can't let myself spiral out of control with my weight. I know, it's totally OCD of me but I think it will help give me peace of mind :hammer:

That is definitely going to be a treat! Because it will be really early and no one there!!! I can't wait to see how those pictures come out! I will be thinking of you that morning when I walk down Main Street because me and my mom have early ADR's at Crystal Palace! :)

Awesome!!!! Keep it up!!! :D Only 6 more days now right??? Well, it will be five come tomorrow :)

That's so funny, we are eating at The Crystal Palace the day before during EMH :) That's one of my favorite character dining experiences! The view of the castle can't be beat and I can't wait to eat there :)

WOOHOO 5 DAYS TO GO :sohappy:

I don't think I mentioned this but my oldest sister, Jenn, and her family booked the same flight as Jason and I going down to MCO. I think we're sitting in the row in front of them! I'm so excited to meet up with them at the airport and I'm sure my nieces will be absolutely beside themselves with excitement!

PartOfYourWorld

That's so funny, we are eating at The Crystal Palace the day before during EMH :) That's one of my favorite character dining experiences! The view of the castle can't be beat and I can't wait to eat there :)

WOOHOO 5 DAYS TO GO :sohappy:

I don't think I mentioned this but my oldest sister, Jenn, and her family booked the same flight as Jason and I going down to MCO. I think we're sitting in the row in front of them! I'm so excited to meet up with them at the airport and I'm sure my nieces will be absolutely beside themselves with excitement!

That's funny! Crystal Palace is one of my favorite restaurants on property!! Like you said I love the view, and the themeing on how it goes from Main St. to Adventureland is awesome!! And of course Pooh and the gang :) Enjoy your breakfast there :)

Awww that's really great!!! Your nieces will be in for a great surprise!!! :D

wishes2013

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's a lot of weight to lose, and you will definitely look good in your dress. I'm glad you got everything worked out with the venue. Have lots of fun, and we will all be waiting for a report when you get back!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
That's funny! Crystal Palace is one of my favorite restaurants on property!! Like you said I love the view, and the themeing on how it goes from Main St. to Adventureland is awesome!! And of course Pooh and the gang :) Enjoy your breakfast there :)

Awww that's really great!!! Your nieces will be in for a great surprise!!! :D

I know I absolutely cannot wait to see my nieces, sister, and brother in law at the airport on Saturday morning! We always take the first flight out at 7AM so Jason and I will leave the house around 4AM :sohappy: That flight is going to feel like a breeze to me since I've just taken 6 hr flights to and from Vancouver :D

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's a lot of weight to lose, and you will definitely look good in your dress. I'm glad you got everything worked out with the venue. Have lots of fun, and we will all be waiting for a report when you get back!

Thank you so much :) We are SO excited and I cannot wait to see what magical surprises are in store for us! We're also excited to meet up with some forum friends and there are several meetups by various Disney blogs during the week that we will try to attend. I can't wait to write up the trip report but then that will mean that it's over :( I think it will take me 6 weeks to get the professional pictures but I should have the wedding video earlier than that. I'll have it posted on YouTube ASAP :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom