CM's?

Ziggie

TiggersPooh said:
Throw your trash away...Im sorry but when I have to pick up a dirty diaper on a bench which is right next to a trash can its just not cool (that too was today)

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for that behavior. CMs have the patience of Saints!

MichelleBelle

Shrike said:
Bear Country Custodial Sweeper - '84-'85
New Orleans Square / Frontierland Custodial Sweeper - '85-'86 (Best job in the park, hands down)
New Orleans Square Food Service Host (Seasonal) - '86-'88 (best money)
Quick question - why is sweeper best job in the park? Because you're the most mobile? Seems like it would be awesome to roam the park all day... tiring though!

Supermatt70

I'm also a current Cast Member at Disney's Animal Kingdom! And like Enderikari, you'll maybe only see me if you have a problem or take a tour. Or have a birthday!!! :sohappy: I love the birthday buttons!!!

wdw100

Dementia said:
Is there any sort of thing that happens during your day that just makes you sit back and go "MAN, I love my job!" or just make you feel really warm inside? (Or just your favorite part of the job)

I know the question isn’t directed towards me because I am a Disney Store CM but I love when I tell an adult guest to “Have a magical day” and then there face lights up and they do a little giggle. I love my job!

Have a magical day!

dvcnut39

Thanks!

sillyspook13 said:
One day last year I was talking to the mother of a boy in a wheelchair. She explained that he had seen Festival of the Lion King a few years before and it was his favorite show. Since then he had lost his vision and been confined to a wheelchair. She asked if there was any way I could ask the performers to come close to him during the show so he could "see" (touch) the costumes. Even better, I arranged for the family to meet the performers after the show so the boy could "see" them as long as he wanted. This made my day- and the family's vacation! Things like that make me proud to be a Cast Member.

Walt would be proud. To all the CM's, thank you. Without you guys, there would be no "Magic".

MKCP 1985

As indicated by my user name, I am an alumnus of the college program, circa 1985. We were housed in 4 bedroom double wides at a trailer park named "Snow White Village." Its street address was Seven Dwarfs Lane. It was right next to the Kissimmee KOA campground which is still around. I believe the trailer park is long gone now, and today's CPers definitely get better accomodations, but here is a map showing its former location. You can see the reference to Seven Dwarfs Lane.

Back then, we were actually called MKCPs if we worked in the Magic Kingdom, but there were only two parks - EPCOT Center being the other. I still have a window sticker for my car that sez MKCP 1985 - security was tight getting into the Snow White Village! :lol: No, I don't still have the car - the sticker is in an album! :lol:

I worked foods for Main Street North, which included Coke Corner (now Casey's Corner), the ice cream parlor and bakery, the Plaza restaurant, and my favorite - outdoor foods - which operated all popcorn and ice cream wagons throughout the park. When I went back in '86, they had added a hot dog wagon on Center Street (the little side street halfway between the train station and the hub). Those wagons sold dogs with saurkraut, and fruit cups. That experiment didn't last, and the worst part was hustling the fresh cooked weiners in little Umbro carts from the kitchen to the carts. :hurl:

Anyway, cast members rock, but Alumni cast members rock MORE! :lol:

MommytoMJM

Polyman said:
Current CM - Weekends in Epcot Parking. SEE YOU ON THE TRAM!! :wave:

OK, I have a really silly question..... My dd and I are handicapped, so we never have to ride the trams....however, she is DYING to ride on one. We can both transfer, but can't walk tooo far, so we would need a place to leave our wheelchairs. Is there anyway (during a non busy time of course) that we could find out hpw to get her a ride on a tram.....(She asks for so few things, I would love to do this for her)

joanna71985

Former. Did CP 1-12-05 to 8-5-05 in the MK doing merchandise and parades. I hope to go back and do another CP in entertainment (hopefully Fall 2006, which would be May to December).

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TheDisneyGirl02 said:
I am a Disney Store CM and I am a former WDW CM, I was a character greeter.

TheDisneyGirl02

I have a question: Since Children's Place bought The Disney Stores, are you still called CMs? Or did they change you to the dreaded "employees"?

WDWCP

MommytoMJM said:
OK, I have a really silly question..... My dd and I are handicapped, so we never have to ride the trams....however, she is DYING to ride on one. We can both transfer, but can't walk tooo far, so we would need a place to leave our wheelchairs. Is there anyway (during a non busy time of course) that we could find out hpw to get her a ride on a tram.....(She asks for so few things, I would love to do this for her)

MommytoMJM,

I am a College Program Alumni from 1997 who worked at the Disney-MGM Studios parking lot. What you're asking for is CERTAINLY possible. There really isn't any set place to leave your chairs at any of the parks, but if you talk to one of the tram CM's they will be able to find a way to make this happen for you.

If I were still working there, I would suggest to one of the other CM's working on the tram to basically just wait at the stop watching your chairs while you guys rode around on the tram. It doesn't really take long for the tram to do one complete cycle (especially on a low volume guest day when the trams don't go to all parking lots) and end up back where you started, so it isn't really that much to ask of a CM. If you wanted to ride around even longer, then the CM could take the chairs backstage somewhere safe (perhaps a customer service office or so) and when you're done riding the tram all you want, a nice CM could run and get them for you guys...

Technically, if your chairs fold up, after you transfer, either a CM, a nice guest, or someone else in your party not in their own chair could collapse them and place them on the tram just like people with baby strollers would. Someone would just have to have a hand on each chair to make sure it didn't roll off while the tram was in motion.

robynchic

*waves* CM here!

Spring College Program '03
Seasonal- 12/21/03-1/4/04
Seasonal- 5/16/04-6/19/04
Summer Alumni College Program '05

ALL entertainment department

Oh, and I'm back to being seasonal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom