CM's?

Irrawaddy Erik

Dementia said:
-Is there any sort of thing that happens during your day that just makes you sit back and go "MAN, I love my job!" or just make you feel really warm inside? (Or just your favorite part of the job)
Almost everyday
-On the flip side, what kind of things usually happen where you really just wanna beat someone with their own appendage (but instead you just have to smile and take it)? (or evenjust pet peeves)
People complaining about things that you have no control over.
-What would it take to make your job even BETTER?
Global Cooling :lol:
and one more... if you could say anything to the guests who visit Disney, what would it be?
Stop. Relax. Look around. Look at your childs face. Enjoy.

sillyspook13

Dementia said:
-Is there any sort of thing that happens during your day that just makes you sit back and go "MAN, I love my job!" or just make you feel really warm inside? (Or just your favorite part of the job)

-On the flip side, what kind of things usually happen where you really just wanna beat someone with their own appendage (but instead you just have to smile and take it)? (or evenjust pet peeves)

-What would it take to make your job even BETTER?

and one more... if you could say anything to the guests who visit Disney, what would it be?
One day last year I was talking to the mother of a boy in a wheelchair. She explained that he had seen Festival of the Lion King a few years before and it was his favorite show. Since then he had lost his vision and been confined to a wheelchair. She asked if there was any way I could ask the performers to come close to him during the show so he could "see" (touch) the costumes. Even better, I arranged for the family to meet the performers after the show so the boy could "see" them as long as he wanted. This made my day- and the family's vacation! Things like that make me proud to be a Cast Member.

On the flip side..... One day while working parade I saw a man carrying two beers, drinking from one of them. He was with a boy around age 10. The boy was also carrying two beers and drinking one of them! Where's security when you need them? (BTW, the two spoke English.... with a southern drawl. So they weren't from a country with a lower drinking age.) :brick:

What would make my job better? More of situation #1 and less of situation #2. Or is that wishful thinking? :lol:

And what do I wish I could tell the guests? How about..... put on some clothes!!! :hurl:

MommytoMJM

dupontflames said:
currently working fantasmic! and starting tower training in a couple of weeks hopefully.

We'll be in the handicapped section at Fantasmic Saturday night, hope to see you there! Look for the mom and daughter in tandem wheelchairs.....

MommytoMJM

WendyDarling said:
Current CM

Ok, I was doing this one at a time, but it will take too long....do any of you current CM's feel like sharing where you are so that nuts like us who are at the parks every weekend can come and meet you!

Irrawaddy Erik

MommytoMJM said:
Oooh, ooh, where, we'll come say hi (we're there every weekend)
Well I'm not there right now...Seasonal though this is my last year being that. I head down shortly for the summer but after that no Disney till the Spring when I graduate. :sohappy: When I'm at the special assistance dock I usually chat with the guests waiting to board and I've met quite a few annuals. You guys wouldn't happen to wear matching Minnie shirts? I've had some great APs in the past. :wave:

se8472

Dementia said:

Last year while setting up for the frist of 2 spectro's, I noticed this young one watching everything I was doing. So I invited him to help me set up. Needless to say for the next hour+ we became best friends. I also got his sister to turn off the lights infront of the castle. She almost lost control of all funtions when that happened. Needless to say later that night they came back and we did the whole thing all over again. During this time the mum told me how happy she was with what I was doing, and how I was making both there son and daughter feel important. She said a few more things and I had to fight back the tears, that was a awsome night. :)

On the flip side there are so many complants that they all tend to just melt into one and I never take it personally. But I do agree with erik, AC in every square inch of property.

MommytoMJM

Irrawaddy Erik said:
Well I'm not there right now...Seasonal though this is my last year being that. I head down shortly for the summer but after that no Disney till the Spring when I graduate. :sohappy: When I'm at the special assistance dock I usually chat with the guests waiting to board and I've met quite a few annuals. You guys wouldn't happen to wear matching Minnie shirts? I've had some great APs in the past. :wave:

Nope, we are the mom and daughter in tandem manual wheelchairs (with DH pushing, big guy, beard and ususally a baseball hat).... Here's our blog with pics.... You can't miss MJ. You'll see us a lot there! I can't wait to meet you!

http://mommytomjm.blogspot.com/

The pics in the middle of the page are recent.
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdl/english/7land/fantasy/atrc_cinderella.html

MommytoMJM

Slightly Off Topic.....

My daughter and I are both handicapped in manual wheelchairs that my poor husband pushes every weekend. Every day that we we go to one of the parks, many CM's go out of their way to make MJ's time special and to make it so she and I can do as much as possible together, which no place else does.

I have started writing weekly emails to WDW about special moments with CM's and am going to start carrying CM appreciation cards as well (getting them printed)

The CM's (for us) are the BEST part of WDW!

Ziggie

sillyspook13 said:
One day last year I was talking to the mother of a boy in a wheelchair. She explained that he had seen Festival of the Lion King a few years before and it was his favorite show. Since then he had lost his vision and been confined to a wheelchair. She asked if there was any way I could ask the performers to come close to him during the show so he could "see" (touch) the costumes. Even better, I arranged for the family to meet the performers after the show so the boy could "see" them as long as he wanted. This made my day- and the family's vacation! Things like that make me proud to be a Cast Member.

Bless your heart. What a warm and wonderful gesture on your part. You are a genuine, good-hearted person. I'm proud to know you.. if only through here on a message board.

Irrawaddy Erik

MommytoMJM said:
Nope, we are the mom and daughter in tandem manual wheelchairs (with DH pushing, big guy, beard and ususally a baseball hat).... Here's our blog with pics.... You can't miss MJ. You'll see us a lot there! I can't wait to meet you!

http://mommytomjm.blogspot.com/

The pics in the middle of the page are recent.
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdl/english/7land/fantasy/atrc_cinderella.html
I think I've seen you guys around......I'll keep my eye out this summer :wave:

Ziggie

MommytoMJM said:
Oooh, ooh, where, we'll come say hi (we're there every weekend)

Hun, are you going to be there between May 10 ~ 15th? Do you stay on site? Or are you close enough for day trips?

MommytoMJM

Ziggie said:
Hun, are you going to be there between May 10 ~ 15th? Do you stay on site? Or are you close enough for day trips?

We are close enough for day trips, lots and lots of them! We can come on Sat's and Sudays, whatcha got in mind?

TiggersPooh

I adore making magical moments as it makes me feel so good inside to see kids smile and watching their parents smile just because their kids are having a great time. Several times I do these on my breaks as i find it more relaxing than complianing in the breakroom. Everynight when I come back from work I like to write in my livejournal about my day at work and I make sure to include my magical moments.

What I dont like-managers that make you feel stupid and embarass you in front of guests...when in reality you did everything correct...nvm ( had a not so good encounter today)

I wish guests would know what time the 3 o clock parade starts. Also that Stich is not a ride its a show.
*edit* Throw your trash away...Im sorry but when I have to pick up a dirty diaper on a bench which is right next to a trash can its just not cool (that too was today)

MommytoMJM

I'm sorry you had a bad experience today TiggersPooh! What a bummer! I'll look for you this weekend and net just so I can make your day better!

RozFan

Seasonal CM

Going to work for a week or so at the end of May.

A bellhops work is never done, especially when our guests keep disappearing. :lookaroun

MommytoMJM

RozFan said:
Seasonal CM

Going to work for a week or so at the end of May.

A bellhops work is never done, especially when our guests keep disappearing. :lookaroun

Hee Hee Hee, I'll visit you, but only if I can use the Chicken Exit (Bock, Bock)

Ziggie

MommytoMJM said:
We are close enough for day trips, lots and lots of them! We can come on Sat's and Sudays, whatcha got in mind?

Well, here is what I know so far. We will definitely be at WDW from May 10th through the morning of the 13th (which is Tuesday - Friday). Our ressies extend until Sunday morning (the 15th), but there's a chance we might be leaving early.

If we're there on the 14th or 15th, maybe we could meet up for coffee in a hotel food court or something (?) As I said, it's sketchy right now, so I don't want to promise anything specific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom