CM Conduct

ssidiouss@mac.c

robynchic said:
He wouldn't be able to see the back of the bus in the rearview mirror anyway.

Well even if he could see them way in the back of the bus.. how detailed of a view could he have? How much pleasure could he get by staring at someones legs from 50 ft... thru a small mirror.. while also watching traffic at the same time.. I just dont buy it.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Talk about way out of context,
we should go back to post #5 from Disney Insider.

We are talking about the population of a moderate city here with 40-60,000 CM's. In that population are there bad apples, some doing illegal activities, some with other problems? yes, but no worse than where I work or your neighborhood hospital, schools, or our local civil servants and government.

Yes, Disney does provide the expectation of magic and superior treatment, but where do the posters standards come from?

Think about the average number of CM's you interact with PER DAY on your visit, and match that to the number of problems you have.

Maybe these problems stick in your mind and are discussed so much because they are so rare, therefore Disney is a victim of it's own success.

I have never seen any business, any professional organization, at any pay level operate as well as Disney. When they sink below that level, it may be worthwhile to discuss it here.

In the meantime, I'm off to start a thread about the 5 lights that were out at Osborne last week....

robynchic

SpongeScott said:
not as rude or disgusting as your myspace account.
What I do with a personal webpage has nothing to do with this thread. Please leave personal things like that out. I was saying that your comments seemed to be a bit mean-spirited for someone that, to you, may have been playing "devil's advocate."

If you are offended by the content on my personal site, you have the choice to not look at it at all.

Back to the original topic on the thread!

I personally feel that you are being rude to multiple people, lashing out at them for no reason in particular. Are you having a bad day?

ssidiouss@mac.c

SpongeScott said:
not as rude or disgusting as your myspace account.

Woah now that is totally out of line!!! :mad:

First of all, your throwing out a personal attact against her which is uncalled for.. :eek:

Second, thats her own personal place and it shouldnt be brought up in this thread.. her own website is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. :hammer:

Besides.. I'm not sure what kind of heterosexual man would find a website with her pictures on it "disgusting" no matter what else was on the site!! :p

SpongeScott

Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
Talk about way out of context,
we should go back to post #5 from Disney Insider.

We are talking about the population of a moderate city here with 40-60,000 CM's. In that population are there bad apples, some doing illegal activities, some with other problems? yes, but no worse than where I work or your neighborhood hospital, schools, or our local civil servants and government.

Yes, Disney does provide the expectation of magic and superior treatment, but where do the posters standards come from?

Think about the average number of CM's you interact with PER DAY on your visit, and match that to the number of problems you have.

Maybe these problems stick in your mind and are discussed so much because they are so rare, therefore Disney is a victim of it's own success.

I have never seen any business, any professional organization, at any pay level operate as well as Disney. When they sink below that level, it may be worthwhile to discuss it here.

In the meantime, I'm off to start a thread about the 5 lights that were out at Osborne last week....
again, let me state, I am not, was not complaining. It was simply something that I noticed out of the ordinary. Dave, you are correct in that Disney is a victim of their own success sometimes. I saw something unusual and asked for clarification. I would never report the incidents that I saw, even if I was the one involved. I'm sure there are things happening on a daily basis by CM's that aren't SOP; I happened to witness two incidents that weren't SOP.

Thanks to those who gave clarification and didn't see it as another complaining thread.

ssidiouss@mac.c

SpongeScott said:
again, let me state, I am not, was not complaining. It was simply something that I noticed out of the ordinary. Dave, you are correct in that Disney is a victim of their own success sometimes. I saw something unusual and asked for clarification. I would never report the incidents that I saw, even if I was the one involved. I'm sure there are things happening on a daily basis by CM's that aren't SOP; I happened to witness two incidents that weren't SOP.

Thanks to those who gave clarification and didn't see it as another complaining thread.

The thing I dont respect about this thread is that you dont have the guts to admit what your doing. This is obviously a complaining thread.. but hidden behind "oh is it normal to push guests around" questions. Like duhhh.. what did you think people would say "oh sure its normal" :brick: I mean really, you have 14 thousand posts.. and you dont know what is normal or not?? Of course you do.. so this whole thread was a fraud.

BeachClubVillas

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
The thing I dont respect about this thread is that you dont have the guts to admit what your doing. This is obviously a complaining thread.. but hidden behind "oh is it normal to push guests around" questions. Like duhhh.. what did you think people would say "oh sure its normal" :brick:

I think those of us who know Scott well can overwhelmingly assure you that if he says he was not complaining, then he was NOT complaining. :)

tigsmom

ssidiouss@mac.c said:

First of all, your throwing out a personal attact against her which is uncalled for.. :eek:

Second, thats her own personal place and it shouldnt be brought up in this thread.. her own website is completely irrelevant to the discussion here. :hammer:

Besides.. I'm not sure what kind of heterosexual man would find a website with her pictures on it "disgusting" no matter what else was on the site!! :p

language, not pictures. And if you knew what kind of man he is you would not even ask the question.

I'm outta here, you all have a magical day! :wave:

SpongeScott

Original Poster
ssidiouss@mac.c said:
The thing I dont respect about this thread is that you dont have the guts to admit what your doing. This is obviously a complaining thread.. but hidden behind "oh is it normal to push guests around" questions. Like duhhh.. what did you think people would say "oh sure its normal" :brick:
well, you obviously don't know me very well then. Ask those who do know me here and you will find that my intentions are sincere. I also know that if I want to complain about it, a message board is not the place; I would have found a CM manager and filed it at the parks.

DDuckFan130

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
The thing I dont respect about this thread is that you dont have the guts to admit what your doing. This is obviously a complaining thread.. but hidden behind "oh is it normal to push guests around" questions. Like duhhh.. what did you think people would say "oh sure its normal" :brick: I mean really, you have 14 thousand posts.. and you dont know what is normal or not?? Of course you do.. so this whole thread was a fraud.
This is your assumption...based on someone's writing. Scott isn't saying this to us, so we don't know his tone or we can't read his mind. So yes this can indeed be a legitimate question, considering others were just as surprised about the rules enforced by Disney in these situations.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ClemsonTigger said:
I saw those too. They completely ruined my entire vacation. I e-mailed guest communications and demanded life time world wide Disney passes for my entire family.:rolleyes: :lol:

MKCP 1985

ssidiouss@mac.c said:

To my reading, the post which provoked the response consisted of a personal attack, as does your concluding paragraph. The "personal space" is part of that person's signature. It is the reader's choice whether to click onto the link, but the invitation is part of every post she makes, so by including the link, she has made her site a part of this thread.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
MKCP 1985 said:
To my reading, the post which provoked the response consisted of a personal attack, as does your concluding paragraph. The "personal space" is part of that person's signature. It is the reader's choice whether to click onto the link, but the invitation is part of every post she makes, so by including the link, she has made her site a part of this thread.

Great! Now you're trying to bring common sense into this "discussion".:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MKCP 1985 said:
Got to agree.

robynchic

MKCP 1985 said:
I think that's splitting hairs. Then again, it's my signature, my opinion.
I still don't think his attack against me for content on a PERSONAL webpage was necessary. The URL may be public, but it's still up to the reader of the signature whether they want to click on it.
For future reference, maybe I should make a note that says "Click at your own risk."

Laura

robynchic said:
Ah. Thanks. I never saw that before.

Now I wish I could afford a premiere membership to show off my pics from winter break...

Anyone wanna donate to a poor, starving college student?

I think you can start a WDWMagic photo album without having a premium membership, but I'm not positive. I didn't start mine till after I was a PM.

DDuckFan130

Laura22 said:
I think you can start a WDWMagic photo album without having a premium membership, but I'm not positive. I didn't start mine till after I was a PM.
Yes you can start one without being a PM...you just have less storage space.

Edit: Photo Albums (2MB Storage)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom