Club Cool Gets New Drinks...

Pongo

It will also remove your pallet.

:lol:

I weas in Club Cool yesterday and the most they had at any station was four different flavors: Kinley, Vegita-Beta, the lemon lime stuff from Israel(?), and the watermelon soda from China.

No Mezzo or Beverly :(

Scar Junior

I wish they would put in OK Soda. Does anyone remember this from Summer '94 or '95... Best pop ever. There was the hotline you called (1-800-I-Feel-OK) and they had jokes and stories.... If they brought it to Epcot I would visit every day.

PS. Why did Coke only sell it for one summer? Even when it was out they said it was only going to be sold for a short time? Best pop ever...

packwingfn

I was just there last week, and they only had 3 flavors. I was very disappointed because I really wanted to see how BAD the Bevery Soda was. Oh well.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I wish they would put in OK Soda. Does anyone remember this from Summer '94 or '95... Best pop ever. There was the hotline you called (1-800-I-Feel-OK) and they had jokes and stories.... If they brought it to Epcot I would visit every day.

PS. Why did Coke only sell it for one summer? Even when it was out they said it was only going to be sold for a short time? Best pop ever...

from http://www.answers.com/topic/ok-soda :

"In 1993, Coca-Cola CEO Roberto Goizueta rehired Sergio Zyman to be the chief of marketing for all Coca-Cola beverage brands, a surprising choice given that Zyman had worked closely with the New Coke campaign, the largest advertising failure in Coke's history. However, after revamping the can design and print advertising campaigns for Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Classic with great success, Zyman was given free rein to design new products with aggressive, offbeat marketing campaigns.

International market research done by The Coca-Cola Company in the late 1980s revealed that "Coke" was the second most recognizable word across all languages in the world. The first word was "OK." Zyman (who also conceived Fruitopia) decided to take advantage of this existing brand potential and created a soda with this name. He conceived of a counter-intuitive advertising campaign that intentionally targeted people who didn't like advertising. He predicted that the soda would be a huge success, and promised Goizueta that the soda would take at least 4% of the US beverage market.

Incidentally, coincidentally, or perhaps intentionally, "OK" is an anagram of The Coca-Cola Company's NYSE ticker symbol "KO", as well as the middle two letters of "Coke". It could also mean "coke" in pig latin, "oke-cay". "

and "it did not sell well in select test markets and was officially declared out of production in 1995 before reaching nation-wide distribution."

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
If Mezzo Mix is taken away...I'll be saddened. It's the greatest drink ever, and I don't want to resort to going back and paying the $2.50/can to have it imported like I usually do. :/

Mezzo is very good. I really hope they dont get rid of it.

I think they should bring in Lift from Germany.

It is the BEST soda ever created. Hands down.

Lift is awesome. I became seriously addicted to it when I was in Germany.

I also like L&P from New Zealand. It is kinda like a lemon drop. :slurp:

As long as they dont bring in Kia-Ora. Orange squash soda. :hurl: I came across it in Ireland and wished I never had.

MissM

As long as the Ginger Ale is kept, that's all I care about. I also really like the Mezzo Mix, but no other soft drink tastes better than Ginger Ale on a hot day to me.
Yum. The ginger ale is my absolute favorite too. I'd buy that reguarly if I could. It's just soooo yummy. (And, it's great if you're stomach is a little upset to drink some since ginger is excellent for stomach upset and motion sickness!)
-m

Mecha Figment

just thought you guys and gals should know that if you are ever in atlanta. The newly reopend cocacola museum near centinal Olypic park, has a room devoted to all the flavors all around the world and yes you can sample them. it's basicaly a club cool but better.

CJR

If Mezzo Mix is taken away...I'll be saddened. It's the greatest drink ever, and I don't want to resort to going back and paying the $2.50/can to have it imported like I usually do. :/

How do you get it imported? Do you go to a website to order it or do you have to go to Germany and bring it here? You've got me curious now because if I could get these drinks in the US my family would go nuts. They like China's the best I think. I just go down the line and drink every one of them and spit one out (To be nice, I won't give its name :) ). I'd be cool to get the actual product though.

Epcot82Guy

I hope they expand the options like World of Coke in ATL has. They had some very interesting flavors, and I would assume this is the testing ground from which Epcot selects. Guess we will will see in the fall!

wat if their actually taking away the flavours to turn club cool into a bar and the machines will dispense different alcohol from around the world e.g. Sangria from Spain, Saki from Japan, Beer from Germany and Australia, Wine from France, Cider from UK etc

bgraham34

wat if their actually taking away the flavours to turn club cool into a bar and the machines will dispense different alcohol from around the world e.g. Sangria from Spain, Saki from Japan, Beer from Germany and Australia, Wine from France, Cider from UK etc

Now that would be heaven on earth.

CoffeeJedi

No need to import expensive Mezzo Mix, just mix equal parts Coke and Orange Fanta, that's essentially all it is! :) How much money did you just save?

And the cost estimate for CocaCola to run the place seem high, was that 5 cents for the cup, 5 for the water, and 5 for the syrup??? That can't be right, a 20 fountain coke only contains a few cents worth of syrup, maybe they meant 5 cents for the cup, water, AND syrup for one serving, but that still seems high to me (unless you're figuring in intangibles like the staff and the electric bill)

bite the wax tadpole!

new2disney

So confused...

I've never been to WDW, but am going in Dec on my honeymoon. I've seen Club Cool mentioned before, but would LOVE for someone to tell me exactly where is it and what is it! I looked on the WDW site, but couldn't find anything. Is it just a place to get soda from around the world?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom