Club Cool Gets New Drinks...

SewIn2Disney

I am on my way home from Disney right now. I was in Club Cool yesterday, and Beverly was indeed gone. They did have VegiBeta (my fave!) and about three others. The place still was a sticky mess though!

And to add to what JROK said, the rose garden was not the only flower garden that was sad, all flowers on property looked wilted. The ones around the fountain in Epcot, and in the MK were espcially bad. I wonder if it was from the incredible heat.

TimeTrip

Wait they don't sell ginger ale in Florida ? How far down I-95 do they stop selling it. I never realized that they didn't sell it in Disney World probably because i never tried to order it. Then again it could be because my grandparents always packed plenty of sodas and juice for the room and ginger ale was always one of the soda's she packed. Ginger ale is a very common soda up North. And you are right about it helping your stomach i keep cans of giner ale in the house for upset stomachs and heart burn. It also works great for hangovers.

I'm pretty sure most common brands of ginger ale are available all over florida as one would expect. The original post was probably in reference to the specific brand on Ginger Ale at Club Cool:

Krest Ginger Ale - Mozambique
Ginger has long been used as a medicinal herb throughout Africa so it is not surprising that ginger ale is a popular drink in Mozambique. It is also popular in shebeens, informal bars where it is used as a mixer.

Dwarful

Our kids love to hit the club cool (OK last visit it was still Ice Cool Station). I hope they make the needed changes/improvements. This is a big "Attraction" for many families/guests/visitors.

bayoutinkbelle

I am on my way home from Disney right now. I was in Club Cool yesterday, and Beverly was indeed gone. They did have VegiBeta (my fave!) and about three others. The place still was a sticky mess though!

And to add to what JROK said, the rose garden was not the only flower garden that was sad, all flowers on property looked wilted. The ones around the fountain in Epcot, and in the MK were espcially bad. I wonder if it was from the incredible heat.

The last time I was at Epcot (early June), a raging fire was bringing smoke and ash into the park. Now the heat is unrelenting. I'd be wilted too. :lol: Still, can't they tend the poor plants, or is the labor shortage problem that bad?

I do hope Beverly makes a return. I was planning to spring it on my friend in October, along with sampling the Mezzo and the Israeli soda (can't remember name).

GoofyFreek

If Mezzo Mix is taken away...I'll be saddened. It's the greatest drink ever, and I don't want to resort to going back and paying the $2.50/can to have it imported like I usually do. :/

Dont know why you need to import it. You can usually go to any Mexican Specialty shop and I bet you will find it. Matter of fact you can also find them in Harvey's Grocery and some Winn-Dixie Grocery stores. If they have what they call "SPANISH SET" with a isle dedicated to just hispanic food.

MissM

I was there yesterday. No Beverly. But I did get to try the VegiBeta which was surprisingly good. Krest (ginger ale), the lemon-lime soda and Mezzo Mix could be found. No Smart Watermelon.

Most machines only had one or two working flavors.
-m

(PS: Ginger all in general is readily availble anywhere in Florida. Schweps, Canada Dry, etc. The imported one you find at Club Cool, however, is not found. Because of course, it's from Mozambique.)

WDWScottieBoy

Dont know why you need to import it. You can usually go to any Mexican Specialty shop and I bet you will find it. Matter of fact you can also find them in Harvey's Grocery and some Winn-Dixie Grocery stores. If they have what they call "SPANISH SET" with a isle dedicated to just hispanic food.

Spanish? Mezzo Mix is from Germany and can't be found anywhere else other than Germany, Epcot and Atlanta.

Floridasunshine

A few figures that I just came up with (not scientific nor necessarily factual, but interesting all the same)

Epcot gets 9.8 million visitors per year.

If everyone averaged 3 sample cups a day, and you figure the cost of the syrup, water and cup at a nickle each....

It costs Coca-Cola $4,027.40 per day just to supply the drinks!

And you thought your grocery bill was high.
Average amount per day from one fourth of those 9.8 million visitors who walk across the room to the counter and pay to get a $3.00 Sprite to wash out the nasty Beverly taste??? $20,136.99....

The look on the person's face after tasting Beverly? Priceless!

I think the Coca-Cola company will be fine giving out a few samples of soda ....

bob0012

A few figures that I just came up with (not scientific nor necessarily factual, but interesting all the same)

Epcot gets 9.8 million visitors per year.

If everyone averaged 3 sample cups a day, and you figure the cost of the syrup, water and cup at a nickle each....

It costs Coca-Cola $4,027.40 per day just to supply the drinks!

And you thought your grocery bill was high.

The problem here is that not everyone stops by, infact I would venture a guess and say that not even half the people in the park stop by.

Nemo14

It's a very bitter "soda" originally from Maine - just found here in New England I think. My mother loves it, so we always have to bring her some when we visit. Trust me - it's awful! :hurl:

speck76

Is the Vegi-beta still being carbonated? It was never carbonated during the Ice Station Cool days, and when Club Cool opened, it was back and carbonated....which was not as good.

wdwishes2005

If you like green apple soda, Jones Cola here in the US makes a great one. Super Target stores sell them here in Orlando and I'm pretty sure nationwide.
the target by my house sells the bottles AND in a fountain. I mix half a fountain of green apple jones with half a cup of the frozen sobe slushy. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom