Club Cool Gets New Drinks...

Scooter

On my last visit to EPCOT I was a tad dissapointed.
It seems they are letting things slide.

I went during the Flower and Garden show in May and noticed that a lot of little things weren't right...the bamboo clacker garden in Japan wasn't working, and the Rose garden connecting Future World and World Showcase was a mess. very few roses and the roses that were there were not very well attended.

Then I went into the "NEW" Club Cool and saw "out of order" signs on most of the soda flavors. That got me thinking.

One of the reasons I enjoy my yearly week long Disney Vacations is the upkeep and cleanliness of the parks and how they manage to run everything beautiful and smoothly. It's the "Little things" that Disney does to make their parks special, differant, and better from all the rest.

I only hope that Disney Management sees these things and corrects the problems.

Disney needs to either fill up ALL the flavors in Club Cool, or shut the place down until they get new ones. It's been like this for almost a year and to me it seems tacky and very unprofessional which translates to unmagical.

Teenchy

No need to import expensive Mezzo Mix, just mix equal parts Coke and Orange Fanta, that's essentially all it is! :) How much money did you just save?

And the cost estimate for CocaCola to run the place seem high, was that 5 cents for the cup, 5 for the water, and 5 for the syrup??? That can't be right, a 20 fountain coke only contains a few cents worth of syrup, maybe they meant 5 cents for the cup, water, AND syrup for one serving, but that still seems high to me (unless you're figuring in intangibles like the staff and the electric bill)

bite the wax tadpole!

I agree that the numbers seem high...but even if they are correct at $1.5M a year to advertise at WDW, to all those people...how can you beat it. I'm a Pepsi guy but always liked going to Ice Cool Station...I hate the new Club Cool...its been downhill ever since the change. I hope things do improve later this year.

shoppingnut

I agree that the numbers seem high...but even if they are correct at $1.5M a year to advertise at WDW, to all those people...how can you beat it. I'm a Pepsi guy but always liked going to Ice Cool Station...I hate the new Club Cool...its been downhill ever since the change. I hope things do improve later this year.

I agree the value on the marketing/advertising they are doing at Club Cool far outweighs the price they are paying to give out free samples. Not to mention if your buy their souveniers in the store.

uklad79

A few figures that I just came up with (not scientific nor necessarily factual, but interesting all the same)

Epcot gets 9.8 million visitors per year.

If everyone averaged 3 sample cups a day, and you figure the cost of the syrup, water and cup at a nickle each....

It costs Coca-Cola $4,027.40 per day just to supply the drinks!

And you thought your grocery bill was high.

9.8m divided by 365 days is 26849 people a day 3 drinks each would be 80547 drinks a day at 3c each that would be $2416 I think

JROK

Original Poster
On my last visit to EPCOT I was a tad dissapointed.
It seems they are letting things slide.

and the Rose garden connecting Future World and World Showcase was a mess. very few roses and the roses that were there were not very well attended.

It's been like this for almost a year and to me it seems tacky and very unprofessional which translates to unmagical.

The rose garden walk was very "sad" looking this past weekend... Looked like a bunch of wilted, dead rose bushes... Something I'd expect at other parks, but not a Disney one...

alya922

I used to love Manzana. I was sad when it wasn't there anymore! The watermelon drink is my new favorite, so I hope that stays. Though the idea of trying a whole round of new drinks is very cool :)

polynesiangirl

My little heart will break if Beverly is taken off for good!! :cry: It's so bad and yet such an important side trip! :eek: And last time we were there the whole section was closed, so it's been (shock) since May of 2004 since I last had it!

CJR

No need to import expensive Mezzo Mix, just mix equal parts Coke and Orange Fanta, that's essentially all it is! :) How much money did you just save?

Very good point, but do you know anything about Smart Watermelon? That's the kind my family likes, but I'm sure that costs even more to import since China's futher than Germany. They also like that one for Israel, but I don't remember what that's called. Either way it would still be cool to order them.

Simba's Mom

I'd love to see them add the Smart green apple soda. Right now they have the Smart Watermelon, which I thought was the only flavor of Smart. So last time DH went to Shanghai, I asked him to bring me some Smart (this was before the new no-liquids in carryon rule). He brought me the Smart, but it was green apple. Delicious! Never thought I'd say this, but it was even better than the Watermelon.

JROK

Original Poster
I'd love to see them add the Smart green apple soda. Right now they have the Smart Watermelon, which I thought was the only flavor of Smart. So last time DH went to Shanghai, I asked him to bring me some Smart (this was before the new no-liquids in carryon rule). He brought me the Smart, but it was green apple. Delicious! Never thought I'd say this, but it was even better than the Watermelon.

If you like green apple soda, Jones Cola here in the US makes a great one. Super Target stores sell them here in Orlando and I'm pretty sure nationwide.

Jacquelina

I'm all about the Vegitabeta.. and the ginger ale is alright because it's very ginger-y.. everything else can be swapped out. It will be exciting to see new choices in there.

WDWScottieBoy

And the cost estimate for CocaCola to run the place seem high, was that 5 cents for the cup, 5 for the water, and 5 for the syrup??? That can't be right, a 20 fountain coke only contains a few cents worth of syrup, maybe they meant 5 cents for the cup, water, AND syrup for one serving, but that still seems high to me (unless you're figuring in intangibles like the staff and the electric bill)

bite the wax tadpole!

It's not the same. The German Coca Cola is different and their Orange Fanta is different as well, trust me, I've done everything to get it to be the same. The only way to get the same taste...is to import it from Germany.

And I actually do get it imported from a German store.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I think that the reason the machines have only been sampling 2-3 flavors could very well be b/c of what the CM said to the OP. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that at some point in the near future that all the flavors are working, even if they're all new ones.

shybre

Yum. The ginger ale is my absolute favorite too. I'd buy that reguarly if I could. It's just soooo yummy. (And, it's great if you're stomach is a little upset to drink some since ginger is excellent for stomach upset and motion sickness!)
-m

Wait they don't sell ginger ale in Florida ? How far down I-95 do they stop selling it. I never realized that they didn't sell it in Disney World probably because i never tried to order it. Then again it could be because my grandparents always packed plenty of sodas and juice for the room and ginger ale was always one of the soda's she packed. Ginger ale is a very common soda up North. And you are right about it helping your stomach i keep cans of giner ale in the house for upset stomachs and heart burn. It also works great for hangovers.

redfive13

They should really bring back "Manzana Lift" from Mexico!! That is the best soda hands down (next to Coke)!!

Viva La Manzana Lift!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom