Closures due to cold weather

mousefan1972

I'm picturing all of the CM's at the Poly all bundled up.... when we were there for Christmas, in the mornings the temps were high 50's- low 60's, and they all had on their parkas, gloves, scarves.... as us New Englanders walked around comfortably in t-shirts. :lol:

It's all what you're used to. When we left Mass, the highs had been in the teens and 20's, so 60 felt downright balmy! They all must be freezing down there!
Although it's hard for me to feel too bad for them, since the low here overnight will be about 5 degrees. :cry:

eroyee

We're supposed to have wind chills of 9 below zero in the morning so 40 degrees is a major heat wave.............drag out the shorts!!!

Piebald

This is the best time to go on Splash Mountain... no wait. :sohappy:

Yep. You won't get wet either. I've been on Splash Mountain at night when it was like 48° and they just shut off the water jets and it was pretty fun. We didn't get a single drop on us. I imagine only an idiot would go on Kali so who knows if they will even be open.

wvdisneyfamily

I'd take 40 degrees in Florida over 14 degrees in WV with 3-4 inches of snow. Of course...teachers don't get :sohappy:snow days:sohappy: in Florida!

***Congrats to the boys in the blue and gold! WVU 2008 Fiesta Bowl Champs! We never lost our faith in you boys!***

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Yep. You won't get wet either. I've been on Splash Mountain at night when it was like 48° and they just shut off the water jets and it was pretty fun. We didn't get a single drop on us. I imagine only an idiot would go on Kali so who knows if they will even be open.

Not having to worry about the cannons is a great thing too. :lol: I think I'm gonna head over there on Friday and get some rides in.

cnymike

My forecasted windchills are to be in the -20's!!! That's a 60 degree difference between me and WDW, I'd rather be there.

If I had to work at WDW, I'd probably drive busses or be FW security. Anything to get in on the heat!

When we were there in Dec. of '05 it was about 50 and we were in sweat shirts. The CM painting my daughters face was wearing a parka and still shivering. He asked us why we wern't freezing. I explained in N Indiana 50 in Dec is great!

I could use the FL cold snap today. It started snowing on NY eve and has just stopped! We could see the grass on Monday and today we have approx 22 inches of snow.:(

Cold Weather

Here in central Indiana supposed to be 0 tonight. I am headed to Pop Century on Wednesday the 9th.:wave: My brothers first trip and he wants to go to a water park. Does anyone know how well the water is heated at Typhoon Lagoon and if it will recover in temperature by then?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'd take 40 degrees right now! Its 19 degrees right now here in PA.

I'll second that. It is 17 degrees with windchills of -4 at the moment.

However, I have been to Disney when it is 30 degrees and it is rather unpleasant...even by NJ standards. There is something about being outside for hours on end in 30 degree weather that just doesn't appeal to me. At least on a night like tonight, I don't have to go walk around outside. Instead I can just huddle on my couch with my blankie.

fizzle75

Doesn't matter how cold it is at MK, I'd still rather be there than here!

Amen brother! Here in the mountains of Western NC it's around 10 degrees BEFORE the windchill and the wind is howling at about fifty miles per hour. We recieved 2-4 inches of snow this morning as well. 40 degrees at Walt Disney World is lookin' pretty awesome right now!:lol:

photoflight

not a freak cold snap...this cold front has been forecast for Florida for at least the past 10 days now.

Yup - and it gets cold in Florida every winter. Some fronts are stronger and last longer than others. Sometimes it's unusually hot, sometimes it's cold. Last year in the beginning of November we had near record cold. Here in Daytona Beach we're supposed to hit about 25 with snow flurries. It happens.

photoflight

Here in central Indiana supposed to be 0 tonight. I am headed to Pop Century on Wednesday the 9th.:wave: My brothers first trip and he wants to go to a water park. Does anyone know how well the water is heated at Typhoon Lagoon and if it will recover in temperature by then?

Accuweather is forecasting a high of 73 and a low of 48 on the 9th, the next couple of days are forecast in the low 70s during the day and mid-50s at night.

FYI - last year on Jan 9 it was a high of 64 and low of 50. The record low was 25 in 2002.

Point is, plan for anything :)

Mouseketeer09

A personal friend of mine lives in FL and works in Disney and she said that they might have snow flurries at Daytona!! I told her that 30's isn't bad compared to it here which it's in the teens!

michael92

Has it ever snowed in Orlando? Anyway, if the temperatures keep going down, im pretty sure they wwll close test track, avoiding the risk of making the guests come out of the ride without ears (speed, cold and a long outdoors track)! (really, I learned that the hard way in germany)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am going to be there from 1-20 until 1-26 .:sohappy: I think we will pack everything from snowshoes to sneakers.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I am going jan 23-27th. Looks like I am going to have to pack everything. We will already have our winter coats from leaving NJ, but I am hoping we wont be wearing them while in WDW.

As of now, I am planning to bring more jeans and tshirts than shorts and tank tops. I wouldn't mind a few days of walking around in a sunny, 70 degree, Disney though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom