Closures due to cold weather

Rinkrat14

A little weather history for Orlando.

After checking various weather web sites it seems the coldest it has ever got in Orlando was 19F/-7C. This happened January 21st, 1985. Also the High that day was 36F/2C. Just to prove how weird FLA weather is/was It was 81F/27C on the 17th, only 4 days before.

cdunbar

Well we live about 30-45 min away from WDW and wednesday night with the windchill it was 19 degress and they were expecting snow flurries in Daytona Beach. It was in the 30's with the windchill last night. But tomorrow we'll have a high in the 70's. But the thing that people from up north don't, at least in my opinion, understand is that here in FLA our winters usually involve 60 or 70 degree temps. So when it gets this cold and they put us under a freeze warning or watch its like holy crap where did that come from, and 19 degrees is like wearing a shirt, jeans, a sweatshirt, a jacket, gloves, a scarf, hat, and boots here in Fla. So if ya'll don't think it's cold well to you it's proably not, but to this FLA girl this kind of weather is cold.

KeeKee

From another Floridian that is 30-45 minutes from WDW, I whole heartedly agree with everything you said! When it dips below 50 even, out come the flannel, fleece, woolies, and every other warm thing in the arsenal.

However, even though we don't stand the cold so well, we sure do make it through the summers a bunch better than some of our northern neighbors.

happymom52003

I think another reason why everyone complains and runs to the gift shop for sweatshirts is that no matter where you are from, most people do not spend as much time outdoors in freezing temps in their everyday life as they do while on a WDW vacation (unless you live in a place like NYC where you can't just walk out of your front door and hop in your car to run errands or go to work). I can handle a few minutes of freezing temps in a parking lot, etc...without being bundled up....but if I am going to be outside in the wind most of the day like at Disney, it is a different story.

cdunbar

KeeKee I agree with you, we go to the world during July and you see all these people from up north going omg its so hot, its so hot, its like yes its hot but you drink some water and you don't complain about cause thats not gonna make it cooler!:ROFLOL:

KeeKee

KeeKee I agree with you, we go to the world during July and you see all these people from up north going omg its so hot, its so hot, its like yes its hot but you drink some water and you don't complain about cause thats not gonna make it cooler!:ROFLOL:

Absolutely! We went to WDW many times during the summer and drank lots of water. We have a canteen that we freeze and are able to use all day long, even when its the hotest.

I would much rather cope with the heat, humidity, and bugs of Florida than the cold, grey, barren environment of the north. Yes, I have lived there and know what its like.

My standard is that if you can't grow a palm tree in a place, then I won't be living there.

ImSweetPea

I was there Dec 27th -Jan 2 .... the weather was very nice... although HOT...but by the last day.... the Temp had dropped and it was SOOO cold... But I must say.... I would much rather be there then here~!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom