News Circle of Life at The Land Pavilion permanently closing in early February 2018

JohnD

Maybe Kitchen Kabaret will come back.
kkplacemat.jpg

And maybe Imagination 1.0, Horizons, World of Motion, Wonders of Life, and Universe of Energy.

djkidkaz

It’s turning into a very long corner.

But I recall just a week or two ago it was being said that Brazil was caught up in red tape and wasn’t finalized yet. If they are closing attractions, relocating areas and starting prep work, I’d imagine it’s a go.

I’m curious how much more Epcot will feasibly get that is worth a damn? Brazil, rat and guardians are huge additions to the park. Yeah I know about the restaurants and hotels but in regards to attractions, I’ll be surprised if there is much more in the pipeline for Epcot announced anytime soon.

On a side note, I heard Wonders is supposed to get some exterior love soon.

raymusiccity

It didn't so much attract as much as... trap.

I've shown off my Disney expertise to family and friends as we go non-stop from attraction to attraction with advanced FP skills and touring knowledge. And even in the rare times we've got nothing to do for an hour until the next thing... I've never taken them to Circle of Life. I want them to have a good time.

Agree 100%..Extended family has been regular visitors since 1973. Never had any interest by anyone to stop by to watch a movie. No tears shed over this closure.

scotchmist

Just wondering tho....Was the animation for this film worked on at the Former Animation Dept at DHS?

Yes, the film was worked on by the department known as Animation Services at the Florida studio. Though, as typical of the time, various parts of the production process happened at the California studio.

Interestingly, this was animated at 30 frames per second, as opposed to pretty much everything else done by Disney which is 24 frames.

Kingtut

better to have nothing in the spot and create the Brazil area in world showcase than it being circle of life forever. That show is just so...meh.
Yes - of course because Disney is such a small company and extremely resource limited they couldn't possibly have a replacement ready to at least be announced at the same time as the closure was and they couldn't possibly do two unrelated things in a park at the same time <sarcasm off>

Walt d

On the news portion of the site, it seems to be all pictures and features of new restaurants opening, and a few like this one of an attraction closing. I live near plenty of nice restaurants so I don' go to Disney for the food. I really wish Disney worked as hard at getting new attractions open faster as they do places to eat.
Yea” if there was just a way, that disney could give you discont on food, say with a card. Maybe 20 percent. So you could eat at all the new restaurants.

The Empress Lilly

- Goodbye Symbiosis. :'(
- The Land can do with a movie explaining the underlying idea behind the pavilion.
- The movie has always been intended to be replaced once in a while. Ten, twenty years are long runs. I will miss it, but if replaced by a newer offering, not in the frustrated manner in which I miss destroyed EPCOT.
- The movie shouldn't feature toons, but otherwise it is not bad. The Circle of Life opening is grand, as are the Symbiosis bits.
- Hands off the wall carpet! Some of the last remembrances of when the Land didn't look like a hospital canteen, but as a top to bottom painted and carpeted work of art.
- EPCOT Center sought to inform and inspire how to eat healthy and live as sustainable societies in an ecologIcal friendly manner. It did this three decades before all that became mainstream - who says EPCOT was outdated?

Last edited:

smile

Yes, the film was worked on by the department known as Animation Services at the Florida studio. Though, as typical of the time, various parts of the production process happened at the California studio.

Interestingly, this was animated at 30 frames per second, as opposed to pretty much everything else done by Disney which is 24 frames.

appreciate the detailed information and your name reminding me of darkplace...
cheers!
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom