News Circle of Life at The Land Pavilion permanently closing in early February 2018

BraveGirl

I'm torn about this...I'll be there next week and I really don't want to spend the time to see this, but as the last time I WILL be able to see it, I feel like I should.....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You joke, but people are paying $200-$500 for a hip-hop Broadway musical right now.
The cheap nose bleed seats at The Peace Center in Greenville SC, for the broadway tours, are genuinely $35.00

Can't be said for the Fox in Atlanta for the same show, though.

TwilightZone

you assume Disney closes things to make new ones....like wonders of life?
well sometimes they plan to replace, but it never happens.
In project gemini, wol believe it or not was going to be something.
But alas, most of the empty spaces was caused by the penny pinching era of disney, an era I'd like disney to not repeat.

JoeCamel

But alas, most of the empty spaces was caused by the penny pinching era of disney, an era I'd like disney to not repeat.
And yet they didn't. I could list all they left without a purpose but it has been done before. The rube that comes for the first time may never notice or know what was but we fans do and cannot forgive the slights over the years. Once the TDO has the full impact of their fans and restores the attractions to their former glory the fans will sing their praises but until them we cast them into the pits of hell.

matt9112

plans have exsisted for things for ever...you can't hardly say if a plan exsisted there's no fault? easy fix....until the money is in the account of a GC things shouldn't close. look problem solved.

matt9112

I am not so sure it ever ended completely.

I don't think it did. many people here will point out the massive amount being spent on star wars and toy story land as proof it's over. as well as the epcot stuff. I think these expenses were simply forced upon them in an attempt to not let two theme parks fall apart completely. granted epcot could just be a bar forever but looks like some brain cells exsist in Burbank.

gsansone

It's terrible. I just spent a week and actually felt really sad re: EPCOT. In a way Future World felt like I was walking through the remains of the 1964 World's Fair. Old original buildings meant to be something totally different than what it is today. Communicore East and West are nothing more than character meets, dead space, a silly Coke themed stand and shopping. No more innovation. Barely a reason to stop anywhere. The Land's Living With The Land is still interesting and could use a refresh (still a favorite), but The Living Seas looks sparse and ignored, Imagination is woefully dated (poor Robin Williams) and really LACKING Imagination, Wonders Of Life...I guess it's no longer a wonder? Horizons...none more to explore. EPCOT looks totally geared for their festivals (flowers, Food/Wine) and eating. A giant park from the mind of Walt Disney turned into one big outdoor food court. Billions in revenue...where is it going? This is a place that should make people want to return and it's totally lacking innovation. Imagine visiting EPCOT for the first time, you'd go on Spaceship Earth or walk around the post-ride areas and wonder what year it is. I was there in 1982-83 and was wowed by the creativity and technological forward thinking. Today it's like a museum, or a place that just doesn't know what it wants to be beyond an annex for the Magic Kingdom.

Yes, the film is dated and should be reimagined. However, when you think about the general pattern of behavior . . . . . . .

Wonders of Life - Festival Center
Innoventions - Epcot Character Spot, Empty Space
Odyssey Restaurant - Festival Space
ImageWorks - DVC Member Lounge
Universe of Energy (Show Building) - Queue
Circle of Life Theater - Disney Performing Arts Youth Program

Why must we continue to lose show space?

TwilightZone

I am not so sure it ever ended completely.
Yeah that's true, I heard toy story land was subject to budget cuts, and wouldn't be surprised if pixar pier was as well, but at least it's getting better. Also side note if toy story land was subject to budget cuts, does that mean disney cares less about the kiddie lands?

HMF

Yeah that's true, I heard toy story land was subject to budget cuts, and wouldn't be surprised if pixar pier was as well, but at least it's getting better. Also side note if toy story land was subject to budget cuts, does that mean disney cares less about the kiddie lands?
It's getting better in the sense that they are spending. Sadly, In Epcot's case that's not really a good thing.

TwilightZone

It's getting better in the sense that they are spending. Sadly, In Epcot's case that's not really a good thing.
yeah, but if they kept it educational it would eventually become sad and dated again. Better to try something new and have permanent good attractions then a mix of good, bad, boring, and dated attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom