News Circle of Life at The Land Pavilion permanently closing in early February 2018

MaryJaneP

This has probably already been said, but if this is truly a land grab, why not move Circle and Kabaret into the voluminous unused spaces of say, Innoventions? Over time, The Land could be complete vacated except for the walkway into Soarin. Seems inevitable. The Land, who really needs it? Just a bunch of tree-hugging nonsense.

smile

While I heavily appreciate the original core ideas of The Land (Healthy Eating, food development, Human ecological impact, reduce pollution ect) and The Seas (Conservation, Appreciation of Nature, And Exploration) I feel these two pavilions would be better off moved in some form to Animal Kingdom where edutainment is still thriving so the orginal message can still reach the audience.

After all Fish and Plants/organisms on the land are part of the Animal Kingdom too ;).

what exactly are you replacing them with, though?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This has probably already been said, but if this is truly a land grab, why not move Circle and Kabaret into the voluminous unused spaces of say, Innoventions? Over time, The Land could be complete vacated except for the walkway into Soarin. Seems inevitable. The Land, who really needs it? Just a bunch of tree-hugging nonsense.
The Land will be getting a sizeable refresh in the not too distant future.

zero creativity

I know I've seen Circle of Life, but I couldn't tell you when.
But how does closing it down influence a new country being built in world showcase? Besides saving money.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know I've seen Circle of Life, but I couldn't tell you when.
But how does closing it down influence a new country being built in world showcase? Besides saving money.

It doesn't influence the building of a new national pavilion. It's a sign that a new national pavilion is on the way. That's because that theater is going to be used for the Performing Arts program, whose current building is in the pad that Brazil is supposed to go into. So, if the PA program is being moved to the CoL theater, it's a sign they're starting to prep the pad for demolition of the PA building there.

zero creativity

It doesn't influence the building of a new national pavilion. It's a sign that a new national pavilion is on the way. That's because that theater is going to be used for the Performing Arts program, whose current building is in the pad that Brazil is supposed to go into. So, if the PA program is being moved to the CoL theater, it's a sign they're starting to prep the pad for demolition of the PA building there.
Got it, thanks

Sketch105

I saw the film recently- it was not in good shape- the auditorium was old and definitely not updated with the rest of the pavilion, the film was grainy, and the only thing that held up was the beautiful animation excerpts. The message of conservation was still strong, but stuck in a 90s mindset when we though Earth was slowly dying due to Ozone emissions (which have long been regulated and changed that we can see most city skylines today). If they do not mean to update it or maintain it, I am fine with losing a 10 minute film.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
i hope they don't touch living with the land!! i love that so much for some reason
LwtL, according to our insiders, will basically be the same type of ride, but they're going to plus some of the elements.

This is sad, it was a cute little film. I may have missed it, but any word on a replacement, or is it just being mothballed?
Mothballed. At some time in the future some new film.

TwilightZone

As they redo Living with the Land and Circle of Life they'll no doubt emphasize that worldwide scientific consensus has established that global warming is an imminent threat to our planet and that a carbon management plan should be established.
somehow, part of me thinks that may be too controversial for disney to do.
Maybe I watch/read too much news

RSoxNo1

somehow, part of me thinks that may be too controversial for disney to do.
Maybe I watch/read too much news
This will probably be deleted for it being a pseudo political view, but I'm sick of scientists and scientific findings being considered controversial. It's absolutely placating a base that doesn't like to be talked down to, and anyone they deem is smarter than them is suspicious.

I want people that are smarter than me making decisions and recommendations, why do people fear knowledge?

Cmdr_Crimson

...and do it with hip-hop music to make it more relevant. :hilarious:
It's gotta be Disney hip-hop, though, so it's more Disney and more timeless and more relevant!!! And they could use one of their C/D list artists to do it. Perfect solution.

I Got it!! I.....Got....It! We can use the Characters of Ferngully since they are Disney now and return Tone Loc back to The Land Pavillion but not as Fud Wrapper....But as Goanna....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom