Christmas Parade Taping

YankeeMouse

Original Poster
Just got the Mickey Monitor on line for Winter, and there is no sign up info for the parade entertainment portion for AP holders, like there was last year. Does anyone know the dates for the entertainment/ABC parade taping? We were told this year by a film crew member that it would be the Sat after Thanksgiving for the entertainment in front of the castle and the following Saturday Dec 6 for the parade taping down Main Street. This would be a departure from the usual Friday/Saturday taping in the past. Maybe they are not having signups for AP holders this year for the entertainment portion. Still trying to find out when the tapings will be since we will be there Dec 3 -8. Anyone have any info?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I hope it is that Saturday after b/c that is when we'll be there and that would be so cool! If not, i'll just watch it on Christmas morning!! :xmas:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I sincerely hope it's the 6th. We are there 1st-5th and do not relish the idea of the insane Main Street crowds.

Good if they are on Mainstreet, then they cant be on the rides.

The-Simpsons---Mr-Burns-Excellent--C11749617.jpeg

YankeeMouse

Original Poster
To Psheeder, thank you so much for the information! I've been frustrated because we have been there the past couple of years and things seem to not be announced at all. You have been really helpful, and we'll keep an eye on the Lightship website.:xmas:

Figment1986

So Dec 6th is the date this year... what about the friday before for the stage shows? or are they attempting all of it in one day this year?

MissM

Saw this today:

2008 Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade taping
posted by Kristin Ford on Nov 10, 2008 12:10:54 AM

Have you been checking the Disney passholder Web site, looking for reservations for the Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade taping? Me too. The tickets go quickly and, for the last several years, the ability to reserve them has appeared during the first couple days of November. But so far I haven't seen a thing, despite all the other passholder offers posted Nov.1.

The folks at Lightship Entertainment, a local company that produces the show, were able to tell me that the tentative taping dates are Nov. 29 and Dec. 6 in the Magic Kingdom. Usually, one day is dedicated to filming the actual parade on Main Street, with celebrity hosts on a platform near the train station, and the other is for the musical guests performing on the Cinderella Castle stage.

No word on the performers yet, but one group who won't be in Orlando like last year is Jonas Brothers. Nick, Joe and Kevin taped their spot Saturday at Disneyland in California for the show that airs Dec. 25. (Photo by Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland) Apparently, during their performance there was an unexpected electrical problem and subsequent fire, so they sang a spontaneous version of "Burnin' Up." Bet we don't see that on Christmas morning! Corbin Bleu, Ryan Seacrest, Jose Feliciano and some of the dogs from Beverly Hills Chihuahua were reportedly there, too.

Source: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/11/2008-walt-disne.html

disneydiva72

When we stayed at the Polynesian last year there were all these people on line for the monorail, I mean literally outside, pooling into the inside and wrapped around....I said to the lady at one of the gift shops "what the heck is going on" she told me that they were filming for the Xmas parade and that the Jonas brothers were performing, then she started rushing and saying...."Ill hurry! I know you will want to get there to see that!" I then proceeded to tell her that I would rather "chew tin foil with a mouthful of fillings"

She didnt find me funny. :lol:

ttalovebug

I just got my AP so I have my eyes glued to the site. Is it just me or is there nowhere to sign up for e-mail alerts that kind of stinks.

If you're talking about the e-mail alerts we got about the christmas parade in previous years, yeah, it does stink. Passholders used to be able to reserve "extras" spots to watch the parade filming, which I do like. They haven't mentioned anything about it this year.

suziq143

Parade Taping ~~~

I too have gone the past 3 years and have gone through a company here in Orlando that "staffs" the parade. We usually hear something around the beginning of November, but have yet to hear anything at all about the taping. I just emailed Lightship and hope to get a response early in the week.

I am wondering if they are using the taping from California as their only source for the parade????

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Suzi:wave:

herewecome

I just talked to someone at Lightship Entertainment. They told me they are not involved with tickets to the taping this year, but the taping dates are Friday, December 5th and Saturday, December 6th.

captainhook1974

Can't wait

I can't wait, we will be there through about 3 on Saturday the 6th. We'll see if we would rather watch the parade or ride the attractions with less wait. Last time we were there for the taping there were no lines for anything.

BellaBoo

Link for the parade

I'd love the link as well. I also got a email from Lightship Entertainment stating they were not involved with the tickets. It sounded like they were going to use the guests in the park rather than a special sign up. Hope I'm wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom